Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

We do stupid things at times

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Well I did a stupid thing on Tuesday.  I am making a Minion for my son in law.  I have a 32" by 7' anhydrous tank.  He is a Minion fanatic, well as much as a 52 year old guy can be, so last year we found a stuffed Minion for him for Christmas.  So this year he is getting one about 7' tall.  I did not like the look of the long tank so I am trying to take 16" out of it.  Have gotten it into the shop and figured out I am going to have to use the big manicure set.  7" angle grinder with a 14" chop saw blade on it.

For some reason I decided I wanted the valves on the tank for my junk parts collection.  Latched onto the first fitting with the large pipe wrench and found it would not turn.  So I grabbed a 6' length of 2" pipe and with it as a cheater the valve started moving and then came out.  Moved to the second valve checked if it would come out with just the pipe wrench alone.  It did not so the cheater pipe was put on it.  Started pushing on the pipe as it is the safe side and leaning into it the pipe wrench slipped just enough to cause the cheater pipe to start slipping off at a fast rate.  So I Texas Two Stepped across the shop, tried to stop my downward travel by putting my hand on the shop vac.  Any other time the vac would be caught on something to it immobile.  This time it went rolling with ease.  It did cause me to roll over and I landed on my donkey.  You ever have your head bounce a few times on concrete?  Ended up with a BIG contusion on my leg and my arm pluse a nice goose egg on my head.

Had an already scheduled MRI of my head today.  Asked them to be sure my grey matter was not scrambled.  The MRI tech laughed and said "I have known your for years and no one would know if they are scrambled."  Touche!!!!  He even got a second swipe at me, I asked for classical music while in that machine and he piped in hard country and ignored my call button to tell him he was funny.  I will get him the next time.  

• Surprise 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Sorry to hear you took a tumble .Are you related to a "bumble"? i hear they bounce ;) . I hope the MRI found all in order. May the bumps an bruises heal up quick.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Gary, you sound like me  ...  an accident waiting to happen!   :lol:

Take care, buddy and try to do less damage to yerself in the future!  :Face-Worried-Sm:

Monkeytrucker

I am "trying" to get Estella up and going on her chrome book so she can post here.  So I worked thru the problems she had getting onto the forum.  She has posted from her desktop.  Finally got her into the forum and then the chrome book would not upload some comment she was making to you.  By the time I got to her she had hit some key and everything went away.  So her post to your comment is lost.  Sure would have read on here what she said.

I am tired of having to put my skirt on, grabbing my stenographer pad and then using my computer to go to her screen name and typing what she wants.

Need to find her a real laptop.  Guess I am going to have to see if I can find a cheap used one.  Her Christmas gift of new tires killed the Christmas club she had saved up.  Ain't life fun.