Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

CATS ARE EVERYWHERE

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Must be a herd of cats on this forum because the number of postings is thin.  The cats have a lot of tongues (key boards).  :cant-believe-it-sm:

So tickle those keys and tell or ask something in the various topics.  Also read the Blogs, click on the likes, make comments and more important start your own blog.  I have met many of you and I know you have interesting stories, events, happenings, experiences such as Halfling is blogging about.  It is fun and great reading.

Johnny R

Ah, so many cats, so few recipes.  We just adopted a 7-yr old boxer.  Wonder how I can get him to ride as a passenger on our 2006 GL?

Galaxyhunter
17 hours ago, Johnny R said:

Ah, so many cats, so few recipes.  We just adopted a 7-yr old boxer.  Wonder how I can get him to ride as a passenger on our 2006 GL?

Velcro  :SmileyTooth:

Monkeytrucker

We had a Heinz 57 Spitz type dog  named Loco.  He learned to ride on the backhoe with me and then to ride on the motorcycle.  It was one of my Honda CB 750 I owned.   I put him as a big puppy on the tank and petted him.  Then I started the motor (just 4 straight pipes with no muffler) and let it idle and petted him till he calmed down,  Started cracking the throttle and again petted him.  Then dropped it in gear and started moving slowly while petting him with one hand.  Then we started riding.  I had a wind screen on it so he was not getting blown around.

Soon it was if I even started toward that bike he would run and jump up on it.  He would ride on the tank or ride behind me.  Just where ever he jumped up to.  We had a old tree that has been damaged years ago in some storm and it had grown parallel to the ground about 6' from the ground.  My kids would go out on that big horizontal tree trunk and call for Loco.  One day he ran at the tree, made a leap and managed to get traction and got on that big trunk and walked out to the kids.  So he was a tree climbing dog.  We were playing around in the Wabash river one day pulling one of those old flat sled type water boards.  My daughter was on the board and on a turn she fell off so we circled around to bring the board up next to her.  Loco saw her in the water and jumped in to save her. When he got to her she put him up on the board and said "GO" so we did.  We made a couple trips up and down the river front where people were camping and having Sunday afternoon get together's.   Needles to say, the water sking dog was a hit.  He canoed with the boy scout troop from Terre Haute, IN, to New, Harmony, IN which was in 2 five day canoe trips.

That crazy dog was a fighter if another dog even thought about coming close to his kids.  Smaller dogs would simply run from his charge.  Big dogs would stand their ground but Loco had a favorite tactic.  He would get under them and then clamp onto their necks.  When they started running he would let go and return to the kids for some nice pats on his back.

Maybe you can get some goggles for your dog and teach him to ride with you.  How about opening a pannier,  put a couple of better support cables on it and let the dog ride there.  Someone used to have a dog who rode in a pannier lid turned upside down on the pannier.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,