Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Halfling

It's a Sad Sad Day Indeed

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

For the first time in 40 years the Halfing house did NOT have our traditional Halloween dinner! We have always had something easy for dinner so that we could take the kids out and entertain the little goblins at the door. Our dinner menu on this night of nights for 40 years has been Mac & Cheese, Fish Sticks and Peas. This year, (no kids around I guess) we totally forgot! Nancy worked and I roasted a chicken, made rice and mixed vegetables....sad state of affairs and the end of a long standing tradition!

:Face-Crying:

Mountain Rider

That's the end of an era.  Time to start a new tradition.  :sad-face:

brianinpa

We gave up a few years ago when people from the city started busing their children to the neighborhood.  Now we just go to diner and spend some time together.  We are better off because of it.

Halfling

I think I may surprise Nancy with the traditional meal tomorrow night !

Monkeytrucker
(edited)

Our kids get older and move out of the house, get married, have kids and have to deal with which set of parents gets not visited on holidays.  They get their own lives, are busy with their friends, their homes, businesses, soccer games, church bazaars and a hundred other things.

If you live close you are the cheap and convenient baby sitting service where they pop in just long enough to say "HI, here is the kid" and then back in a little later for a quick "Hey, thanks for baby sitting, gotta get the kid home to their bed" and you now have completed your grand parent job till the next time.

I think traditions are made to be broken.  We usually spend Christmas season with our kids and grand kids. the son, his wife and the two kids live at the other end of the state way up north near Galazyhunter.  We sort of swapped the going to see each other every other year.  Our Daughter lives about 40 miles from us.  She is an metrology engineer for a big company and spends 5 long days a week at that job.  Now the Granddaughter is married, the Grandson is in his last year of college and both now have their own lives.  

Yes, traditions are made to be broken!  But then what parents save on making a big meal just might be the gasoline needed to hop on the bike, hook up the aspen camper and as Captain Kirk always told Ensign Sulu, "Take us out" and Captain Piccard always pointed his finger forward and said "Engage"and let the clutch out to new adventures.

Want to see your kids?  Just buy a place where everyone wants to visit and they all will come.  Maybe the FL keys...

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

m2102

The street we live in hardly ever had any truck or treaters. Thats our Q  to take in a movie

Halfling

Well, I'm still trying to keep the tradition alive for awhile longer, I served up the transitional mac & cheese dinner for Nancy tonight. It's a day late but now it's memorable!

20171101_173101.jpeg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,