Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

DEAR GUEST VIEWERS

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Just took a look at who was online and found 13 active at this moment.  Four are listed as Members and nine as guests.  Welcome to all who check in as Guests.  This is a fantastic forum and I am sure everyone who are members extend to you the invitation to become members.  You will never regret your membership.  AND it is fun to come up with a forum name that best puts forward your identity or interest.

:thumbs-up::jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Halfling

Not all but "Some" of the Guests are bots from Google, etc.

Monkeytrucker

ADDENDUM to the previous post.

Estella (the Bride) and I attended the White River Antique Association this past September.  We were an exhibitor showing my Fairbanks Morse 118 and the 1942 O'Keefe and Merrit M-5 military generator set.  During the 5 days we were there we chatted and told storied to many people and enjoyed listening to others.  One of the most interesting were the Amish.  They were building a Grist Mill and the 118 would make a great power unit. 

Their Bishop came by to discuss $$ and we did an attempt at horse trading.  I gave him my telephone number and he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and entered my number.  This act is something I always found interest as they cannot even enter an area  where electricity is being used but they bend the rules by charging their phones using solar chargers.  A hospital using electricity is no problem while driving a vehicle is forbidden unless it is used in making money for the community such as in the construction industry.  I chuckle when I see when they drive their buggies to a large pole barn structure, unhitch their horses and turn them into a corral and then open the doors of the building and drive out in nice trucks pulling trailers with all of the backhoe tractors and skid steer units with all the attachments.  Then in the evening they put it all back in the building and get their horses hitched back to their buggies and go home.

While we were talking I told him I admired the Amish community as we "English" have about lost our communities as few know their neighbors.  It amazed me that he looked around to see if anyone would hear him and said "I am afraid that we as Amish will disappear within the next 50-75 years as our young are being drawn away from the faith and our communities are becoming less as communities like we were."

What gave me something to think about while remembering his statement is that COMMUNITY is important.  This forum is a COMMUNITY in which we all have a common interest.

Join "OUR COMMUNITY" and enjoy meeting great friends.  

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,