Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Halfling

Noteworthy Upgrade Items

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

I will post a list of noteworthy upgrade items here for your review. This post is for information only and will be locked. If you have questions, observations, need assistance, etc, please add them to the topic created for that purpose in the Community Support are below OR you can click on the SUPPORT item in the top-line menu bar and enter a Support Request. Thanks!

• A new Member's Map has been added, it will SLOWLY add markers for members that have a valid location listed in their profiles, OR you can add your own marker.
  • At the very bottom of the page in the center you will see a THEME with a down arrow, click on it and you can change the theme (currently 3, but more are coming).
  • The system was designed to run on the Default IPS theme (very plain Jane). most people seem to like Ivy League however we ask that you move away from Ivy League and select "Beta Theme Test  #1". You should find that theme to be very similar in appearance/color but with additional features. Please keep in mind that some things may not look exactly the same on all of the themes.
  • In your profile, what used to be your "Friends" are now your "Followers", your followers get notified when you post.
  • Quoting tip,,,If you want to quote a previous post just highlight the text using your mouse and a bubble will show above it, click on the bubble and it starts the quoted post for you! Nice!
  • You can drag & drop pics into the editor instead of browsing to them, try it, you'll REALLY like it!
  • The menu bar will be changing as I add things to the forum, once we get everything taken care of we'll stabilize it.
  • Reputation Points, the "reactions" you assign to individuals in posts are what the system uses to tally reputation points.  Like = +1, Thanks (trophy) = +1, HaHa = +1, Confused = neutral or zero, Sad = neutral or zero.
  • I added a Recipe section, you can find it under the "Browse" menu tab. Give it a try, you can add your own or review someone else's. It's there because I'm teaching myself how to do pages/databases and it was a tutorial.
  • Donations are tracked going forward from Sunday, Oct 8th, 2017. Previous donations are not included in these new totals although we have excellent records of all donations since August 1, 2014.
  • We have uploaded several additional "Themes" for you to try out. We won't fix the Logo/Grahics at the top until we're sure we will keep them. I'll post a poll later...
  • A new BLOG section has been added and is open for all members (1 Blog per member please). Try it, you might like it!

AZgl1800

Probably just taking a while to update me, but when I signed in, it is not displaying my "Username" of AZgl1800

it is still showing all of my posts and myself as my former username, which I actually used to Register with this forum eons ago,  AZgl1500

I realize it will take a while for the full database to get updated, it was several weeks for GoldwingFacts when VerticalScope moved us from the the Ireland based server and software to the new stuff based in Canada.

AZgl1800

I think it would be a LOT EASIER if you would just change my Login Name, and then when I next try to log in, and it don't work, I will just switch over to AZgl1800

let's do that.

AZgl1800

Unread Content does not seem to be working ATM.

Halfling
10 minutes ago, AZgl1800 said:

Probably just taking a while to update me, but when I signed in, it is not displaying my "Username" of AZgl1800

it is still showing all of my posts and myself as my former username, which I actually used to Register with this forum eons ago,  AZgl1500

I realize it will take a while for the full database to get updated, it was several weeks for GoldwingFacts when VerticalScope moved us from the the Ireland based server and software to the new stuff based in Canada.

Fixed, and it didn't even take several weeks!!!

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Change the Login if you wish, or leave it alone.

I went to Members Map and entered my Location, and when I did, the whole entire forum updated my Username to AZgl1800 in one fell swoop.

AZgl1800

Ah,  see that it was you halfling, your message to me is on my screen.

Thanks for that, now I know "who I am" :)

• Like 1

jobe05

I don't know if it would be the same case, but I noticed that Pearl Riders screen name was changed to a@R.  Now I don't know if that was something that he changed or if it changed during the upgrade.

Halfling
7 minutes ago, jobe05 said:

I don't know if it would be the same case, but I noticed that Pearl Riders screen name was changed to a@R.  Now I don't know if that was something that he changed or if it changed during the upgrade.

The two names from the old version were merged in the upgrade, I had to select which one we wanted to keep, I may have got it bass ackwards. We'll have to fix them one by one as they are brought to our attention. Pearl Rider is fixed. If that's the ONLY mistake I made it will be a miracle ...

• Like 2