Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
terryj

Idaho Trip

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

terryj

My wife and I have plans to do a road trip through Idaho next summer. We were going to do this trip this past summer but life has a strange way of getting in the way. Our plans are to take US26 through Oregon into Idaho, want to stay off the Interstates as much as possible. We'll stay on US26 into Boise and then connect with I-84 until the ID-21 exit. Go north on ID-21 to Stanley and connect with ID-75 to US-93, we'll head north on US-93 to Lolo and then take US-12 to Lewiston,ID. From Lewiston we'll take ID-129 to Enterprise,Oregon and then head home.

If you know of any other routes that may be more interesting I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 1

Parman

I love riding Lolo Pass. Went through there last year and they were chip sealing sections of the road.

Dusty Boots

Terry ....  where abouts in 'southern' OR are you?

Dusty Boots

Try this loop!   :thumbs-up:

https://goo.gl/maps/yxtmn2MxeDo

tricky

I did the loop around the Nez Perce reservation many years ago it was quite interesting, I was sure that some of it was gravel at the time, we did see some logging using horses to pull the logs out.

While in Ontario Oregon I met a bunch of wings who were having a meet one weekend needless to say my son and I won the longest distance traveled.

The craters of the moon National monument was interesting 

• Like 1

Parman

I have rode a lot of the NE section of the route Dusty has mapped out. Very nice riding.

Monkeytrucker

Craters of the Moon is a great place to visit and camp. The trails into the lava tubes are neat.

terryj

Terry ....  where abouts in 'southern' OR are you?

Dusty, I live in Medford. 

terryj

Try this loop!   :thumbs-up:

https://goo.gl/maps/yxtmn2MxeDo

Thanks for the link, I have rode a few of the areas you have outlined. The ride from Westfir to the McKenzie Hwy FS-19 or known as the Aufderheide Drive is a very nice ride. We attended the Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Baker City, Oregon for 5 years now, so we have rode most of the roads in Northeast Oregon. We are setting our sights on Idaho now, we've been told by a few others which route to ride for the best sites, but they seem to be all different going from south to north. So far U.S. 93 seems to have our vote and then connecting with U.S. 12 over Lolo Pass. 

• Like 1

Parman

Route 93 is a nice ride up the valley from Darby to Lolo. We did it last years. Some very nice small towns to see on the way thru there.

The picture is at east end of Lolo Pass.

Oregon is the only state I haven't visited yet. After my trip to Hawaii next week I will have been to every state except Oregon. I will be hitting it in the next couple of years.

post-5-0-15252400-1507222841_thumb.jpg

Monkeytrucker

Arco, Idaho is another little interesting bit of History.  First town lighted and powered by atomic energy.  

Mountain Rider

I like your route, it should be beautiful through those areas.  An alternate route from Boise would be to remain on 84 to Mountain Home, then get on Hwy 20.  It takes you through Picabo, named after the Olympic skier Picabo Street, linking up with 93, taking you through Craters of the Moon National monument, then into Arco (Pickles Restaurant is pretty good), then turn North to Challis (great hot springs and pools there) and Stanley, then on to Lolo.  On your trip down 12, Orofino is a great place to spend the night.  There's a little Hotel there my brother stops at every time he comes to visit.  If you make a reservation, you can let them know if you want steak for dinner.  They'll buy your steaks that day so they're there and fresh for you when you arrive.   

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

This is our wing in the Craters of the Moon

IMG_8964.JPG

Mountain Rider

Very nice!  That area looks strangely familiar.  :thumbs-up:

terryj

Mountain Rider, you'll have to let me know the name of that Motel in Orofino. I looked at the route you suggested, (U.S.20) it's a thought, we'll keep that in mind. 

Mountain Rider

Hey, Terry

The Konkolville Motel is the place. $16.98 for the steak dinner and you can cook your own steak the way you like it. They hosted an annual Steak and Potato Motorcycle Rally for the last 4 years. I might look into checking that this next year. 

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Hey, Terry

I spoke with the owner of the Konkolville Motel today.  I don't know when you're planning your trip, but they are having their "Steak and potato" motorcycle rally on June 22nd and 23rd.  Hamburger dinner Friday night and steak and potato dinner Saturday night, with some fun and prizes.  Rides during the day.  The only downside is if you participate in the rally, you have to reserve your room for those two days, and they're saying they're about 3/4 booked already.  Full size bed $68, Queen, $73, King, $78 (only one King left).  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,