Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Galaxyhunter

Screw type jack stands

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Galaxyhunter

After four years of fighting the stock jack stands,  I converted to  screw type stands.  Last weekend was the first camping session & so far I like them. 

Easy down ( with cordless drill ), easy to level & easy up.  Call me lazy if you will, But I like it. :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

post-4769-0-13892500-1505960050_thumb.jpg

post-4769-0-68310600-1505960057_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Halfling

On the rear too?

Galaxyhunter

Yes sir.

Parman

Looks good Carl. I didn't get a chance to see them this past weekend. I have one question. How far do they stick out in the stowed position. In the picture it looks like a shin banger. OUCH!! It could just be the angle of the picture though.

Galaxyhunter

Looks good Carl. I didn't get a chance to see them this past weekend. I have one question. How far do they stick out in the stowed position. In the picture it looks like a shin banger. OUCH!! It could just be the angle of the picture though.

They are actually inside the tube footprint. 

post-4769-0-14901200-1506029006_thumb.jpg

post-4769-0-82649100-1506029013_thumb.jpg

jobe05

I like that idea Carl.  Can you post where you got them and more pics of your install...........

If you have to take them off and reinstall to take the pictures that would be OK............

The front looks like it needed a few mods to fit them.

Galaxyhunter

Here are the  Numbers for the jack stands.

BAL Stabilizing Jacks   23026

BAL  Base Pads   23035

I had to fabricate a steel plate to mount the jacks to.  The next time I have the adaptor plates off the trailer, I will take some detailed photos.

• Like 1

Striker
On 9/23/2017 at 1:31 PM, Galaxyhunter said:

Here are the  Numbers for the jack stands.

BAL Stabilizing Jacks   23026

BAL  Base Pads   23035

I had to fabricate a steel plate to mount the jacks to.  The next time I have the adaptor plates off the trailer, I will take some detailed photos.

I did this exact same mod because of you sir, thanks for the idea and pics and part numbers, you rocked it!!!! For the front mount I used angle iron and bolted them to the frame so I was then able to bolt the ends of the front legs in the added angle iron same with the outter parts too, good thing Aspen uses an A frame system for the front

Aspen Jacks 2 Resized.jpg

Aspen Jacks Sized.jpg

Galaxyhunter

Hi Derek,  I'm glad you liked it.    One thing you will want to do is to use light weight bungee cores to hold the jacks up while traveling down the road.  The vibration will tend to unscrew the jacks.  I just hook them to one pad to the other.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,