Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Mysticfour

Weekend trip to Starved Rock

36 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mysticfour

I have never been to Starved Rock, thinking about taking a Sat or Sunday trip up on bike before it gets to cold. Would anyone else be interested in making a ride up there and enjoying others company? We could meet in Peoria or nearby for the trip. I am sure we could find somewhere near there for lunch

yooperfan

I would be all over that invite, along with MrsY,  except for one thing.  I'm stuck here at work for the weekend.  That is one of our favorite destinations for a lunch ride.  Keep trying and maybe we can find another day to meet for lunch or dinner.  My nights off alternate every week.  I have weekdays or weekends off.

Mysticfour

Doesn't have to be this weekend, just before it gets to cold, I work every other Saturday and this is my weekend to work

Mysticfour

Just talked to my wife, she is taking next weekend off and i am also off, that is when we plan on doing Starved Rock, anybody interested in going along? Would love to have others riding along with us if possible

Mysticfour

Guess nobody able to take trip on Sept 30? we are even thinking about taking it and camping overnight if something is available

m2102

I'm getting a shot in my knee Friday and if all goes well Terri and I would be interested. Got a place to meet in mind?

Mysticfour

I am open to anywhere between Peoria and starved rock, where would you be coming from

m2102

We'll becoming from Pontiac. Could meet in El Paso, or Minonk comes to mind. Just need a time or if another place to meet no problem.

Mysticfour

I have never been up to Starved Rock but I believe we need to go to Elpaso on the route there

Mysticfour

Just looked at the map and we can pick up 39 in El Paso to head almost straight up

• Like 1

Mysticfour

What would be a good time to meet

m2102

No problem. What time would you like to meet? Their is a shell station or DQ to meet at.

m2102

How about between 9:30 and 10?

Mysticfour

How about 10:30? and hopefully we can get a couple more people willing to go along, the more the merrier

m2102

Agreed. 10:30 at DQ parking lot. Anybody else interested we'll see you there.

Mysticfour

As of looking at forecast this morning, high of 71 for Saturday, won't be too hot on ride weather permitting of course

weengers

We are planning to join in.

:jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Are ya married to the idea of running up I-39?

We can go up alongside the Interstate on Rte 251 in only 50 minutes.

Mysticfour

I was looking at 39 because it's not that far from Pontiac, I have never been up to Starved Rock, I will take whatever route is suggested

Mysticfour

Glad you are able to make it, maybe we could meet in ep and ride to El Paso together

m2102

We can go either way. We can decide when we meet up.

weengers

Mysticfour, how about the West side of Eureka? We would be taking Dee-Mack Road to 24. I had sorta planned on getting there a bit early and catching you as you went by.

weengers

I am OK with I-39 but we have been avoiding Interstates as much as possible when we are not in any rush. We find the ride much more pleasant, better views and less stress.

Mysticfour

i just chose interstate because i have never been up there, i am open to a slower route and better views, me and wife making weekend of it, just now making reservations at a campground near starved rock since theirs is booked up.

Not sure if either of you wanna camp but this is where we are going    https://www.pleasantcreekcampground.com/campground-map

$39.90 for the night, wife wants to camp so we are going to. The site have water and electric at that price by a creek.  

If you want to call me my # is three zero nine-472-nine5nine1

We are going to be on Creekside site 106

Mysticfour

west side of Eureka is fine with me

weengers

We have very early Sunday commitments so we won't be camping, just a day ride for us. Should be a great evening for sitting around a fire.

My gps maps say it is 20 minutes from Dee-Mack Rd to the DQ so, we will plan on being at the Dee-Mack/Rte 24 intersection by 10:05 @ the latest, probably 10:00.