Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Halfling

First Trip on Trike

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

Heading to Banner Elk NC tomorrow to visit my sister. Will be taking the scenic route over through Tellico Plains, Cherohala Skyway, etc. It will be our first trip on the trike. Its not completely ready for Nancy's comfort yet (need additional Baker Wings) but it will be a good shakedown cruise I'm sure! Not pulling a trailer, just going to attach the ice chest carrier to the hitch and pack a picnic lunch etc.

• Like 4

mowerdoc

Have fun!!!!!!

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Tell us how she handles, there may be one of those in my future......one day.  :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

Halfling

Safely arrived at my sister's in Banner Elk NC last night at 1015. About 11 hours and covered 413 miles. We took the scenic route and had long rest stops along the way. Averaged 34 MPG. Here's the details/observations...

Been out of the saddle too long...our butts hurt even with the sheepskin!

The Mustang Wedge for the passenger given to us by JGL351 was good but Nancy likes it without better

Additional wind wings are a MUST!

Throttle Boss is a MUST!

GPS and Cell phone mounting is a MUST!

Power Plug in left pocket is a MUST!

I didn't think it would make much difference but I now realize exactly how much the handle bar adjustment kit helped my comfort level, now another must!

The trike is louder than the 2 wheeler...drive train maybe plus it has a slight rumble to the exhaust. I suppose the rear tires add some noise too.

Trunk holds LESS than MY WIFE thought!!! Go figure....

The trike is a different ride, takes more arm strength to drive and sharp curves requires leg pressure on tank to stay in seat, Nancy had to hold on to handles a few times as well. Dodging road hazards is a different mindset too, trike responds very quickly to handlebar jerks and you have rear wheels to think about too, can't straddle anything....not to mention pulling in to gas pumps, came really close once when I forgot about rear width!!!

The apprehension that I was experiencing on 2 wheels is totally gone!

So far, I like it a lot, just need to take care of some creature features!

• Like 1

Steed

Baby steps John. Put some miles on her and figure out just what you want to achieve. You'll have all winter to dress her up. Well, what ever passes for winter in Tennessee...

• Like 2