Sign in to follow this  
trike lady

Hurricane Irma

32 posts in this topic Last Reply

OnaWingandaPrayer

Irma has come and gone .Praise the Lord, we are all fine. Out of power for about 22 hrs. . Lots of tree debris But no damage to the house . I spent a long day at work and there will more of those. They limit work to 16 hrs straight and no bucket trucks in the air above a certain wind speed.( 30mph?)

Thanks to all for the prayers and concern for us down here. I know it was going on north at a lesser wind speed but we still have concern for you saftey in Gawga , TN and where ever this goes to blow out.

• Like 4

Monkeytrucker

Hurricane Irma's last breath has reached here.  It has been giving little light rain bands.  At least a brick is a little wet on top.  Walked out on the deck after the first large droplet shower and my socks did not get wet.  Things have been so dry the deck just soaked in in.  Aspen is set up so Estella and the home helper can load it.  It will have to dry before we fold it up.  They will load it and then I will have to move every thing around to get a decent tongue weight.  Cannot get that process thru to my bride.

AZgl1800

just a bit cloudy here, sun trying to make it thru

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

We just got a nice 30 minute grass grower.  The only place we have had good grass the last couple of weeks was around the irrigation drippers.  Evidently the water travels horizontally quite a distance.  Have thought about adding a couple more timers and put up some rain birds to cover the part of the yard with Estella's specimen grasses.  Guess I am just too lazy to do that even though I like to mow grass.  It is my place to think without having interruptions.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

I agree Gary . With all the lawn mower noise it's a quite peaceful chore.

Geordiemuppet

Pleased to hear everyone is okay over there.

roscoepc

Praise the Lord, Duke Energy, and Pass the Peanut Butter!!!!!!!! We just got power back on an hour ago!!!!!!!!! :SmileyTooth:  :SmileyTooth:  :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1