Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Halfling

I Just Have To Rant!

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

So, I live in the county so I either have to pay for trash pick up or take it to the drop off myself (not far) so being that its just the wife and I and we don't have a lot of trash I take it myself. A few weeks back while I still had my 5X10 trailer, I threw 3 bags of kitchen trash into the nose of the trailer and some broken down cardboard boxes into the back of the Xterra and headed off. I pulled in like I have 100 times before, up next to the compactor but before I unloaded I asked the operator where he would like the cardboard. He pointed to the middle dumpster in the back and I said "got it"! I grabbed the bags of household trash and flipped them into the compactor, as I came around the back of the trailer to get back in the truck he asked me where the cardboard was, I said its in the back of the truck. He said, you can't do that, the rules say you can't unload from a truck and a trailer at the same time! Well, I understand the intent of the rule but good grief, really! Well, he let me unload "this time" but gave me a warning.

Now on to today, I have a new 6X12 trailef so I threw in 5 bags of kitchen trash into the nose of the trailer, that's it, nothing in the truck. I pull in, same guy. I jump out of the truck and he immediately says, that trailer's over 10 feet long, you can't unload that here. Well folks, again I understand the intent of the rule but really, I have 5 small bags of trash! He makes me drive outside the fence, park and carry the bags in.....really? You've got to be kidding me!

Rant done!

• Like 2

brianinpa

Common sense isn't so common any more.

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

It would cost us $40-60 to have our trash hauled as we would have to drive 40 miles to a dumping station.  So we simply spread our kitchen waste out on the compost and wild animal feeding station in the fence row.  Papers get burned and the ashes are spread every year or so and Estella rinses the metal cans well and then puts them in a couple of 55 gallon barrels.  Then we haul them every few months to the salvage yard and sell the cans.   

• Like 1

Parman

So, I live in the county so I either have to pay for trash pick up or take it to the drop off myself (not far) so being that its just the wife and I and we don't have a lot of trash I take it myself. A few weeks back while I still had my 5X10 trailer, I threw 3 bags of kitchen trash into the nose of the trailer and some broken down cardboard boxes into the back of the Xterra and headed off. I pulled in like I have 100 times before, up next to the compactor but before I unloaded I asked the operator where he would like the cardboard. He pointed to the middle dumpster in the back and I said "got it"! I grabbed the bags of household trash and flipped them into the compactor, as I came around the back of the trailer to get back in the truck he asked me where the cardboard was, I said its in the back of the truck. He said, you can't do that, the rules say you can't unload from a truck and a trailer at the same time! Well, I understand the intent of the rule but good grief, really! Well, he let me unload "this time" but gave me a warning.

Now on to today, I have a new 6X12 trailef so I threw in 5 bags of kitchen trash into the nose of the trailer, that's it, nothing in the truck. I pull in, same guy. I jump out of the truck and he immediately says, that trailer's over 10 feet long, you can't unload that here. Well folks, again I understand the intent of the rule but really, I have 5 small bags of trash! He makes me drive outside the fence, park and carry the bags in.....really? You've got to be kidding me!

Rant done!

That is so dumb all I could do is laugh.

AZgl1800

that is just pathetically stupid..........

here, our County commissioner has a couple of big dumpsters setup at their "barn" yard.  During the day, we can just drive up and throw stuff into the dumpster, no one there to measure the size of your car,truck/trailer.

One rule though, you better not be caught picking something up and taking it home.

Once it is dumped, it is "county property" and stealing from the gov'mint is wrong. :(

trike lady

Gosh, it was different when I lived in Florida.  You went in with assorted recycling and went to the designated areas for each type of rubbish and left. The attendant didn't harass you over anything.  Here in Bellaire there are cardboard recycle bins next to Kroger and 3 clothing drop boxes, not too far down the street is an electronic recyclers.  Sounds like they just want to make it hard on people to recycle and dump trash.

Halfling

We go to a different location for all of our other recycles like metals, glass, and plastic.

I understand the intent of the rule, it's to prevent large loads of trash (or contractors) from going into these dumpsters filling them up and making it difficult for the everyday people. We have a landfill that is set up for that purpose and residents actually get 2 big loads per year FREE (as I recall) which is good! But, as said above, it was just freaking STUPID not to let me throw 5 small bags in from a 12 foot trailer...good grief!

DaveO430

Those that make the rules and those who interpret the rules have different opinions it seems. 

• Like 1

brianinpa

Those that make the rules and those who interpret the rules have different opinions it seems. 

And those that enforce the rule usually have no clue what the rules really are.

• Like 1

QDaddy

There's the Letter of the Law and there's the Spirit of the Law. W/O common sense to differentiate you have stupidity. Clearly described above.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,