Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Rider

One of our favorite day trips

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mountain Rider

Yellowstone has become one of our favorite destinations, and for a day trip is perfect.  Leaving home around 9 gets us to Pond's Lodge for a late breakfast or early lunch before 10.  From there, it's about an hours drive to West Yellowstone and the Park entrance.  Depending on traffic ( and with tourist constantly stopping to photograph the same Buffalo), Old Faithful is only about another 45 minutes away.  The roads are twisty and fun when clear, and generally in good shape.  Heading home before 6PM usually has us back home before it gets to dark. 

We made that ride yesterday, although we were a little late getting on the road. West was great, as we met a number of new people and took the opportunity to talk and enjoy their company.  Stopped and BS'd with several Wingers who were parked along the street.  Great people, one and all!

The Park was a little disappointing as the weather was to hot, so the animals were in the higher valleys and among the trees.  We did see one Buffalo along the river, but once you've one, you've seen them all.  It's like taking pictures of twins trying to look the same. We turned around at Geyser Basin and decided to head home. Overall, it was a great day, had a great ride, met new people, and more importantly, the wife and I spent a lot of time together.

We're actually considering getting a camcorder so we can video the day trips in our area, and I'm about due for a new digital camera, so more pictures of the trips can be saved for posterity.

If you're ever in or going to be in the Rigby, Idaho area, drop me a note.  If I can get away, I'd be happy to meet up for a ride and maybe lunch around the Park.  Like fishing, we can swap lies and generally enjoy a day away.  :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

Parman

That's a very nice option for a day trip. Wish I lived out that way to make day or overnight trips like that.

I will be heading back out that way in 2019 for a trip. I will definitely hit you up for a guided tour of the area. lol. 

I'm Army retired myself. I'm sure we can strike up some good conversation and tell a lie or two.

Don

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Don, I'll look forward to it.  2019 I'll be retired, trying to get away will involve telling the wife we're taking a trip to the park, problem solved.   :Face-Smile-Big:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,