Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Think we will use the Aspen a little in the next 2 weeks

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Think we will be using the Aspen a little.  Pulling it to a large antique show with tractors, engines, steam, and every other part of life many years ago.  Will have it there for 5 days.  Then home for 3 days and off to the Illinois Meet & Greet at Clinton Lake Recreation Area and F loop.

If I am lucky and sell my Flywheel engine, military generator unit, John Deere A, Chevrolet Astro van, 66 Hemi 4 spd and Dana 60 we just might be able to do some more fall camping.  Definitely LBL just before they close and when the Christmas lights at Patti's 1880 village turn on.

Maybe we should get a job selling Aspen Campers.  Could build a trailer to hold several models and colors and travel to events.  Hmmmm. Oh Brady

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

With your Gift of Gab, you'd sell a lot of campers I'm sure, Gary!   :SmileyTooth:

OnaWingandaPrayer

The Hemi, 4speed and dana60 should provide camp $ for many a weekend trip. I wish you luck and hope you sell out.

Kar650

Where is the steam show?

Monkeytrucker

Sorry I missed your post.  We had already left since we moved the camper up there on Tuesday.  Due to rolling in late we had to set up just outside the fence and in the city park.  We were not in a place where there were a mass of campers.  Was actually an advantage because we were able to park Frankentruck and the 12' trailer right at the camper.

A little extra about that.  The exhibitor next us had a 12 year old boy who was born deaf to druggie parents.  He has dual cochlear implants and was the nicest most courteous boy you could ever want to meet.  When I backed Frankentruck into get the engine and generator set loaded up using the winch and gin poles to lift them and place them on the trailer I let him have the winch control and direct my backing.  His dad watched his moves but did not have to intervene.  Of course I verbally patted him on the back for helping as we had expressed to his parents while we were there about how nice he was.

His father and uncle really got off on Frankentruck.  The more they looked at how he is half Chevy and half Ford with Dodge ram insignia's the more they took photos, as did others.

The show is the White River Antique Association.  It is at Elnora, Indiana and is always the 2nd weekend in September.  There was 4 steam tractors there and they all worked pulling the saw mill, the threshing machines, and on the baker fan that loads the engines.  They also have a building with many steam engines in it and a big vertical boiler to run them.  A working grist mill powered by a water wheel.  A 100 year + old international hay baler powered by horses walking around a gear box that has a shaft they have to step over that drives the baler.  Their saw mill wood is used to build more 1800s style buildings.   They also have an old church and a 1 room school house they have in session during the show.  Thursday is dedicated to exceptional and old people who live in shelter care, Friday is school day when area schools bus kids to the show and Saturday is the wild day and Sunday is laid back and people are looking for special deals on stuff sellers will really bargain on.

Monkeytrucker

Here is an auction I think I might like to go to.  Southern Indiana carriage and horse auction on September 26, 27, 28. 

On 26th it is antiques, furniture and other small items at 8:00 est. wooden wheel farm wagons and wooden wheels at 11:00 est

On 27th it is tack, horse drawn machinery, garden plows at 8:00 est. harnesses sell at 10:00 est carriages, buggies, sleighs sell at 10:30 a.m. est

on 28th horses sell.  If you are a horse person you will see some really nice horses.

Auction takes place at Dinky's auction barn 9 miles east of Washington, IN on hyw 50 then north 5 1/2 miles on county road 900 E ( Oden - Cannelburg Rd.)

This is in the heart of Amish country.  I have acquaintance with several in their community and find them to be exceptionally friendly.  One just has to try to understand their religion.  The women will speak to you if their man does.  The children are really great.  They run around in traditional Amish clothing but have cell phones ( so do the adults) just like English kids do.  That is funny as the community does not use electricity.  Guess cell phones are not electric.  They charge them using solar chargers. 

Each Amish community has different rules.  Down in KY we saw women driving the latest 4 wd tractors.  They were allowed to drive them to the grocery store.  We saw $100,000 tractors parked at the grocery store.  Our local Amish community is growing by their ability to buy ground at high prices.  All area Amish communities are great builders.  They do not talk much while building as each one of them know what is needed.  They drive their horse and buggies to a large pole barn and then get into the most modern trucks with the required equipment on trailers and go to the job sites.  Then back to the pole barn, gather their horse and hook it to their buggy and then back home. They are not allowed to have lights on their buggies because that would draw attention to them.  However they have met state law about slow moving vehicles with a big reflective SMV triangle on the back.