Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Halfling

Our New Trike

49 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

I figured I'd start a new thread to chronicle some of our experiences with getting our new trike ready for the road and progress in general.

Tentative pickup date is Friday, September 1st. Current plan is for Nancy and I to drive out to Arkansas with the truck/trailer and trailer it home unless someone has a better idea!

We will then spend about 11 days getting familiar with the handling as well as installing some addons. We will also be gearing up for the camping trip to Clinton Lake on the 14th.

New helmets have arrived and I configured them both with J&M headsets from our previous helmets.

First "care package" has arrived from Wing Stuff with some necessities, full cover, half cover, belly pan, wig wag unit for brake lights and fog light bypass circuit.

lopeha

You'll only be a couple hours from the Midwest Meet & Greet in Eureka Springs. A drive by would be great!

Halfling

You'll only be a couple hours from the Midwest Meet & Greet in Eureka Springs. A drive by would be great!

I know Andy!!! We have the kids coming in on Friday night for the weekend. Wouldn't be good for for us to be away when they got here. Not entirely out of the question though!!!

pwhoever

It is ready much quicker than you thought! Cool!

Halfling

It is ready much quicker than you thought! Cool!

Looks like it Mike, although it isn't a guaranteed date, they started on it last Friday...I should get a confirmation call soon! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

roscoepc

And ya know what ya gotta do...........

post-4768-0-06594000-1503886102_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Halfling

No pics until I see how they did with the complete repaint, the bike started out as red and there won't be a speck of red on it when their done! Custom color, not a Goldwing color. Then you'll get so many pictures you'll tell me to stop!!!

• Like 2

Halfling

Watching the weather as it moves directly into my intended path the latter part of this week. It could cause some delay in picking up trike...

AZgl1800

I don't think it is going to be bad enough to keep you from going.

I am watching Eureka Springs AR weather for the whole weekend, and it looks good from here.

Depends on what day you want to go down though.

Ghost Rider 2

The color deal sounds funny. Red is always a premium color and cost more to get from factory. Why would they start and sand off a premium color paint? Plus if painting whole bike white would be the better base coat. next time I at Horizon Trikes I will ask them about there painting.

Halfling

The color deal sounds funny. Red is always a premium color and cost more to get from factory. Why would they start and sand off a premium color paint? Plus if painting whole bike white would be the better base coat. next time I at Horizon Trikes I will ask them about there painting.

Sounded funny to me too, hopefully all is as it should be and our custom color comes out as expected!

Halfling

I know my trip over to Arkansas to pick up our trike is trivial as compared to what the people of Texas are enduring but it looks like Harvey is going to move direct!y into my path on Thursday/Friday. Not looking toward to driving 12 plus hours in heavy rains...

Halfling

Left the house for Arkansas at 1:00 AM, couldn't sleep worth a flip! I am now sitting in the Honda Dealership in Russellville waiting for our new trike to be brought around.

Got lots of rain on the way over and I suspect I'll get lots on the return trip! Got an old piece of carpet and attached to front of trailer with large nylon ties.

Once we take care of the details and get her loaded I'll be heading home!

• Like 4

AZgl1800

be safe John,

no reason at all for you to be in a hurry.

I really think it is all your imagination though, I can't see a drop of rain o'er your way :)

post-30-0-94611700-1504194564_thumb.png

Halfling

Home safe but exhausted. Took almost 12 hours to get home, should have been about 6.5

Accident after accident, had five I40 closures where we were forced off and had to finds new route around it. One route we took had us going through flooded roads, pretty deep too! It was NOT a fun trip!!!!

• Like 1

roscoepc

Glad you made it OK!! Also it's nice to see someone else up at this time of morning!!!!!!! :roflmao:

• Like 1

Halfling

Ok folks here's the official first pic! The color is Belize Blue Pearl. This color was what our 2011 Honda Accord had on it and we loved it so much that we had our new trike painted that color! Can't wait for the sun to come out again!

IMG_7085-1.jpg

• Like 6

Parman

That looks nice John. I like the blue.

I can't believe they gave it to you with a dirt ball on the seat. :roflmao:

• Like 4

Halfling

That looks nice John. I like the blue.

I can't believe they gave it to you with a dirt ball on the seat. :roflmao:

Funny stuff Don, the whole family just got a laugh!!!

• Like 2

Halfling

The trailer performed perfectly! Very happy camper. The ramps also performed well. I was worried about belly drag on the trailer edge but the ramp design kept it clear by several inches, in addition I was concerned about the trailer hitch dragging on the ground but also had about 3 inches of clearance...sweet!

20170901_101300-1.jpg

• Like 3

roscoepc

I like that Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on a nice ride!!!!!

• Like 1

pwhoever

Very nice!!! Now get out and enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

VERY nice, John! Congrats on your new ride!    :thumbs-up:

Now, where you going to keep that beauty when the winter gets here???    :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Parman

Funny stuff Don, the whole family just got a laugh!!!

We love you brother.

Halfling

VERY nice, John! Congrats on your new ride!    :thumbs-up:

Now, where you going to keep that beauty when the winter gets here???    :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

I've got an older 15 X 20 garage in the back yard. It needs some tlc similar to what you did. It's raised on blocks with a wood floor in bad shape. I'm going to put down an oversized cement slab and then Jason and a few jeep buddies are going to spin it around onto the slab. I rip out the wood floor and I have an oversized 1 car garage in the back yard. It already has a garage door and side door. Should be ready before snow flies! :-)

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,