Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Halfling

NEW 2017 Trike! Search Has Officially Begun (ENDED)!

34 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

Well, the time is now at hand and the wife and I are in agreement...we WILL be buying a new Goldwing trike (not used). We are not in a hurry and to be honest it might be best for us to wait until "off season" but if the right bike for the right price pops up on our radar we are a "go"!

So, if anyone has any suggestions or sees anything that looks like it might be good for us please let me know!

If it ain't blue or red we're not interested.

It has to be at a dealership

It has to be classified as new which means a 2016 or 2017 with less than 1000 miles on it.

The trike kit is important but not critical, we would prefer California Side Car with ground effects but will consider others.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 3

Ghost Rider 2

My opinion is the best deal you are gong to find will be in Arkansas. Sunrise or Russellville. Russellvile normally has a few more trikes. And I would also recommend a Roadsmith. Quality does not cost much more but pays in the long run.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Sunrise also has a store in Shawnee, OK

they sell a huge amount of trikes there

AZgl1800

they are Pretty,

but garsh, I choke pretty fast on the prices for a new trike,

ride it off the premises of the dealer, and it is a used trike,

valued at much less than what it cost to rope in the deal. :(

noviwinger

I suggest checking out Honda of Russellville,I got my bike there and they carry the most Goldwings I have ever seen in one location, including 6-8 trikes on the floor to chose from.  http://www.hondaofrussellville.com, check out their HR Signature series.

I purchase my 2015 from them because it was the only place I could find a Blue one.  Wife and I flew to Little Rock and the dealer picked us up at the airport and drove us the dealership where we inspected the bike and completed the purchase.  We rode the bike home from the Dealership to the Detroit area. We are very happy with our purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Geordiemuppet

The kit is critical - you have to be happy with the ride after you spend all that dosh. Christine is on her 2nd CSC trike. They are excellent and customer service from CSC is second to none from our point of view across the pond. You don't have to go to a dealer - the CSC factory will build your trike if you want. Don't know if they can source a bike or if you provide the bike or either.

If you go CSC, you will not be disappointed.

It is worth going for the extra fuel tank, uprated brakes, lighting bar and 6 degree rake. Ground effects are a must in our view.

• Like 2

Halfling

Thanks for the tips guys, very much appreciated! The search is now over! Nancy and I decided we would spend some of our meager retirement savings to make the down payment on a new 2017 Goldwing Trike from Russellville Honda in Arkansas. It is being built for us starting the middle of next week. Not sure of the completion date as yet. It is a California Side Car kit. It is starting out life as a red base model but we are having it entirely custom painted (no red). The actual color is a non-Goldwing color but I'll leave that a mystery for the time being! SUPER EXCITED!!!

• Like 5

Buckfarrack

Wow congrats John and Nancy. I'm excited too. Can't wait to see it, and hopeful you can take it on it's very first trip to the IL Meet&Greet. Cool.

Halfling

Wow congrats John and Nancy. I'm excited too. Can't wait to see it, and hopeful you can take it on it's very first trip to the IL Meet&Greet. Cool.

Not sure she will be ready in time Buck. We don't have a firm date yet plus if we are able to pick her up at the last minute I won't have time to get her ready to tow the camper, etc. We'll see how it works out I guess.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Congratulations John and Nancy.   I know you were having thoughts as you delivered the 03 to Tammy and I . We have been on a few rides and are getting adjusted to the ways the 1800 differs from our old 1500.  

We wish ya'll many more happy miles when the new machine arrives  . 

• Like 1

Parman

Congratulations.

I'm sure you will be showcasing it at the IL M&G this year. Look forward to seeing it.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Congrats on the new trike, John and Nancy!!    :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Halfling

Some details to share...

2017 Goldwing Level I

HR Signature Trike

California Side Car

6 Degree Rake

4" Fork Extensions

Ground Effects

AFB Passenger Comfort Ride Add-on

Trunk Carpet

Trunk Light

Trailer Hitch

Lower Fog Lights

Chrome Side Covers

Custom Painted Front Brake Covers

Custom Painted Fork Covers

Custom Paint (single color)

Custom 17" Chrome Wheels

Performance Brakes

High Performance Tires

We had to take a pass on the Aux Fuel Tank, just too much more money and we are already stretched pretty thin!

Can you tell how freaking excited I am!?!?!

• Like 5

Dusty Boots

Ah  ....  Nope!   :puzzled-smiley-emoticon:       :roflmao:

• Like 1

pwhoever

Sweet! You and Nancy will love it. BTW, I think you will like the Passenger Comfort ARB. When I had my conversion done, CSC had just recently released that option. When discussing the build at my trike builder, I mentioned that I wanted it. I was the first one there to have it done. The owner took it for a ride at completion and was so impressed, he said he was going to recommend it for future customers.

• Like 1

Parman

John you won't miss the aux fuel tank. I've ridden all over the country with Mike and Larry. They can run almost as far as I can pulling our campers on a tank of fuel and you'll be ready for a break when you need fuel anyway.

The money saved will help you buy your helmets.

• Like 1

youngnbald

I agree with Don on the aux fuel tank.  Michele sleeps from tank to tank, but needs that break at fill up time.  The only time I could see you needing the aux tank is trying to get the 1500 mile Iron Butt in 24 hours.  I would like to accomplish this one myself, but would need to start in Texas with higher speed limits or get the aux fueling.  Everyday, you will be fine without it.

Congrats with the new machine!!!

• Like 1

Halfling

Thanks Mark. So freaking excited I can hardly contain myself!!!

• Like 1

DougW

I don't have the extra fuel tank on my 1500 and even pulling the Aspen we had I still got over 2 hours out of a tank full and, for us, that was plenty long enough between stops.

• Like 2

youngnbald

Thanks Mark. So freaking excited I can hardly contain myself!!!

Maybe you will want to knock out an Iron Butt ride!  I got excited in spring and wanted to get out and ride.  Two years in a row, the month of May hit, weather looked good heading South so I jumped on the bike and did my Iron Butt rides.  No conditioning, no big planning, just did it!  Time with the machine, open road and the excitement of it all.  Michele was jealous and she got in on one too!  Looped Lake Michigan from our house.  1280+ miles in 21 hours.  She promised not to fall asleep so she could "truly" earn her Iron Butt certification.  Usually she will sleep until we get to destinations.  She made it 1100 miles or so, then fell asleep when the roads were familiar to her near home. 

From experience, the 2,000 mile Iron Butt ride is easier than the 1,000 miles.  I slept 6 hours and made the 2,000 miles in 42 hours.  6 hours to waste on longer stops or more sleeping?  Easy.  By calculation, I am curious how to knock out the 1,500 miles in 24 hours!  That one actually feels like a challenge.

Awesome way to experience the new machine and set a record!  Just my thoughts and ways!

Halfling

Sold my 5X10 utility trailer yesterday for $500 (new trike won't fit on it) and bought a used/refurbished and heavy duty 6X12 trailer today for $750! Good upgrade I'm thinking!!!

20170823_152539.jpg

• Like 1

Parman

Sold my 5X10 utility trailer yesterday for $500 (new trike won't fit on it) and bought a used/refurbished and heavy duty 6X12 trailer today for $750! Good upgrade I'm thinking!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself. A trailer to haul a brand new Trike.

Even without the aux fuel tank you can make it from ARK to TN with no problems. :roflmao:

• Like 1

youngnbald

I was hoping he wanted to pull bigger items behind the new trike.  Maybe I misread his post?

• Like 1

Halfling

Its a darn logistics issue guys....I refuse to pay airline price from Nashville to Little Rock, if I drive out I have no one to drive cage back while I ride, its just problematic any way I look at it. Trailering seems to be the only viable option. Plus, I never was trailerfobic like so many of you guys! Not to mention I'm sure the crap I'm gonna take will drive up forum post count!!!!

• Like 1