Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Mysticfour

Trip south towards Arkansas

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mysticfour

Taking a much needed vacation starting 8-19 and plan on riding my bike down to Arkansas for a couple days then maybe back up to Iowa, hoping I can meet a couple fellow wingers while out and about. Driving from Peoria area dwon through Springfield ill then down through St Louis unless a slight detour would allow meet to meet a couple members. I am going to NE area of Arkansas to Walnut Ridge /Hoxie where i have relatives but hope for more than just them

Ghost Rider 2

Will be a great ride. Just be careful on those roads. I make a few trips down every year. Roads are very fun to ride, but can become very challenging.

Be careful and ride at your pace and skill level. I plan on riding down there next week, but will be back home by the time you leave.

Mysticfour

been down several times by car, will be 1st time on a bike for me and wife

DaveO430

You have to go west from there to get to the good riding. If the weather's not too hot at the time I would like to meet. 

Mysticfour

I look forward to meeting you Dave, not worried about what the roads are like, I have family in Walnut Ridge thats why I have to stop in there. I would have messaged sooner but had gotten a new phone a few months ago and can't remember password to log in here from it. I can go read but can't answer, I need to get an admin to reset my password so I can use my phone again here. Things may have changed some, FromArkansas we may make a trip on down into Texas for a day or so as well now, wife has friend there she wants to see

DaveO430

I look forward to meeting you Dave, not worried about what the roads are like, 

But you have to go see what real riding roads are like. 

• Like 1

youngnbald

But you have to go see what real riding roads are like. 

Michele witnessed the "real riding roads" for her first time with us Dave.  We still laugh how she started out white knuckled, hyperventilating and struggled to talk the first 20 minutes!  After the warm up, she was asking me to lean over a bit to be sure she could get good videos of you ahead of us!  What an experience!  380 miles that day I believe.

Ronnie, take the opportunity to see western AR if you can!  Might be too far into Texas for you, but look into riding the Twisted Sisters when in Texas.  Some interesting roads to run there.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

following Dave is an experience :)

Mysticfour

If he likes going fast then I wont be very close behind, I am not that fast of a rider. I don't have the expierience that most of you do

lopeha

Too bad your trip is not over Labor Day, you could've swung by Eureka Springs, AR and met a whole bunch of us!

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Estella and I stayed in Walnut Ridge back in 2015.  Drove into town, found the part time cop and asked him if there was a place to camp.  Explained to him that Walnut ridge was where Estella's father learned to walk 100 years ago probably to the month.  They set us up at the city park, gave us a place to plug our electric cord into and unlocked a restroom.  Great friendly little town.

On that same trip we went to Mineral Wells, TX and stayed on the former grounds of Camp Wolter.  That was where I had learned to walk 71 years ago that year.  We live where Estella was born and learned to walk.  I kid her I am going to bury her ashes right at the exact spot she was born.

beenshot

text me when you get in NE Arkansas. 870-450-1866. I will try to meet up for lunch or supper one of the days.

can't do any riding right now, mine is tore down getting some repairs.

Mysticfour

As long as things go by plan we are leaving here early Sat morning and plan on being in Walnut Ridge by mid afternoon, but what ever goes according to plan. That is Saturday the 19th

Mysticfour

1 week from today I should be in Arkansas as long as everything goes well. Hopefully by midafternoon

Mysticfour

Beenshot, I will be within an hour of you where I am headed, probably closer to 1/2 hour

AZgl1800

1 week from today I should be in Arkansas as long as everything goes well. Hopefully by midafternoon

um,

going to be six hours from me, so doubt we get to see each other this trip.

unless you slide on over to Eureka Springs during Labor Day weekend.

Mysticfour

sorry, won't be around down there at that time, I only have a week to have my fun, bring your fun wagon, never away from home with that

Mysticfour

100 miles into trip as of 7:30 am. Should be in Arkansas by 2pm depending how often take breaks

Mysticfour

100 miles into trip as of 7:30 am. Should be in Arkansas by 2pm depending how often take breaks

Mysticfour

We are in Walnut Ridge, anybody would like to meet my number is 30nine-472-959one. We are going to be here about a week

Monkeytrucker

I look forward to meeting you Dave, not worried about what the roads are like, I have family in Walnut Ridge thats why I have to stop in there. I would have messaged sooner but had gotten a new phone a few months ago and can't remember password to log in here from it. I can go read but can't answer, I need to get an admin to reset my password so I can use my phone again here. Things may have changed some, FromArkansas we may make a trip on down into Texas for a day or so as well now, wife has friend there she wants to see

Walnut ridge is where Estella's father learned to walk 102 years ago.  We camped in their little city park with ball diamonds in it.  They gave us a place to hook electricity and opened the rest rooms for us.  Very nice little town.  That was the trip we also went to Mineral Wells, TX and camped on the grounds of Camp Wolter where I learned to walk 73 years ago.  Now that is when you know you are old.

Have a safe trip.  And just for you we will turn the sun off for a couple of moments on Monday for you.  Head light check time.

Mysticfour

Spent Tuesday riding from Walnut Ridge to Hardy, then on to Mammoth Springs for a few hours then back to Walnut Ridge

Mysticfour

Running out of things so wife wants to start back home Wednesday morning now

Ghost Rider 2

You should head down to central Arkansas and experience the mountains and the twistee roads before you head back. At least head west and ride push mountain road between mountain view and mountain home. it is highway 341.

Mysticfour

Nothing but riding is boring to wife by ourselves

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,