Sign in to follow this  
trike lady

Sugar Cookies Recipe

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

trike lady

I'm going to post this sugar cookie recipe, I have made these twice and they're good cookies.
Who wants some? Well, here's the recipe for you to try at home.

Sugar Cookies
• 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups butter
• 2 cups white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool 

You can put sprinkles on them, a sugar/cinnamon mix or just sugar. Almond extract or any flavor extract. 

I've also used cocoa powder for a chocolate version and strawberry Nestle Quik for a strawberry version.

Good cookies.

• Like 1

QDaddy

My mom used to poke raisins into the top of them. Those were the days.

• Like 1

botham_bourne

thanks for sharing the recipe for sugar cookies, i used to made simple cookies back in college time, and they were liked by my all friends.

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Valerie, those are awesome!!!  You're not helping my waistline, well...............you are, but it's moving in the wrong direction.  Thanks for that.    :thumbs-up:

• Like 1