Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Snorebabe

SE Meet and Greet March 16-18, 2018, Oxford, AL

93 posts in this topic Last Reply

Goldwings 4 Ever

We're safe and sound in Corbin, KY. (I hear this state has a special jelly, but it's terrible on your toast)

• Like 3
  • Yay 1

Halfling

Nancy and I just got home safe. Left the motel at about 8:30 and took a very scenic long way home. Found some more nice roads with twisties in TN that we will have to share at some point. Maybe a get together in Middle TN one of these times! We stopped and had a great lunch at Shenanigan's in Sewanee TN. Temps were a bit cool for our liking but Nancy put on her rain gear and it seemed to make her much more comfortable!

Great weekend with many old friends and some new ones too!

• Like 4
  • Yay 1

Hawggy

Hawggy and Huggy back in Panama City Beach safely. Thank you for a great time and so good to see all our Good friends again.

• Like 4

Longboater

Glad you guys are safe at home.

sorry not to meet up, got very busy at the last.

Still working the CO trip in July with a possibles layover in MI.

😎

• Like 1

Longboater

😎

OnaWingandaPrayer
(edited)

OnaWings home for about an hour now. Just under a thousand miles, yea I know it was the truck . :(EDIT: I think the guy who wrote this last night was recently brain damaged ;) . It's was about 480 miles one way.   We took in a church service and breakfast before we got away from Oxford. Another hour for an evening meal . Then some part of the gubmint threw another hour at us when we crossed back to eastern time . 

Bill , I hope it was a great birthday for you . It's always good to meet the family and spend some quality time . 

Now to begin my homework assignment . :)

Edited by OnaWingandaPrayer
  • Like 1

rcameron

Whew!! We we finally made it home after 5,286 miles and 51 days. Geez..... that' a lot and a long way around to get to a Meet N Greet....... But you know what???  It was totally worth it!

Great time and we look forward to Florida next year................ for the Meet N Greet, of Course!!!!

• Like 5
  • Yay 1

jobe05
32 minutes ago, rcameron said:

that' a lot and a long way around to get to a Meet N Greet...

Not to mention you showed up a day late!!!!  It so good to see you both again, glad you made it to the meet and made it home!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Snorebabe
(edited)

Doug and I are safely home.   After Doug decided to check his work e-mail yesterday and there was a "town hall" meeting scheduled for 11 am today, we decided to head home yesterday so he could attend the meeting.  Nothing promising to report from that meeting.     We had a blast, so glad to see everyone that attended.  It was a much needed "recharge" for us and we thank each and everyone of you for helping us "recharge"  Bashful and Mrs. Bashful, we are so glad that y'all were able to attend, it has been way too long.  

Edited by Snorebabe
too tired
  • Like 3

Flyone

Well the NAGF SE Meet and Greet was a success! They will continue to get better and better so invite your friends and forum members.

Next year will be Florida!!! Details will be coming soon!

• Like 2

Longboater

😎

looking fwd to FL

• Like 2
  • Yay 1

jobe05

Cant wait for next year.......  the last 2 years i left here in 26 degree temperatures.  If it's that cold next year when I leave, at least I know Im going sum place thats a lot warmer!!!!!

• Like 1

Snorebabe

Wanted to update about Doug's job situation.  Most of you heard that he was notified end of last year that the company decided to sell or to shut down the facility where he works.  As departments are starting to be decommissioned workforce was cut to a minimum.  Doug was given an end date of March 30th.  With end dates given in all departments, employees were actively seeking employment elsewhere and those that have left the facility have left positions to be filled and Doug applied and was accepted for one of those positions.  With this acceptance, he now has an end date of Dec 14th.  Remember the facility is still for sale so the end date could be null if the facility is sold.  Doug was there when the doors to this facility weren't even installed and he said if it were to close he wanted to be there when the doors were locked.  We are pleased that this opportunity was opened up and if he has to be seeking employment next year we won't be having the stress of planning and paying for a wedding, dealing with a funeral and trying to figure out the best course of action for both of our mom's well being. 

• Like 7
  • Yay 1

Longboater

All the very best to you and family Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

That's good news , to at least be secure through the year.

• Like 3

jobe05

I didn't hear about this.....  So sorry, but as said, he has a reprieve to find something else.  Although starting over is a tough thing to do.  Dougs a great guy and I know he won't have any issues finding something good, maybe better in the future.  I'll be praying for ya.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Flyone

Thanks to everyone for another successful SE M&G!!!!!!

looking forward to seeing everyone next year in Florida!!!!

• Like 1

AZgl1800
On 3/25/2018 at 12:48 PM, Snorebabe said:

Wanted to update about Doug's job situation.  Most of you heard that he was notified end of last year that the company decided to sell or to shut down the facility where he works.  As departments are starting to be decommissioned workforce was cut to a minimum.  Doug was given an end date of March 30th.  With end dates given in all departments, employees were actively seeking employment elsewhere and those that have left the facility have left positions to be filled and Doug applied and was accepted for one of those positions.  With this acceptance, he now has an end date of Dec 14th.  Remember the facility is still for sale so the end date could be null if the facility is sold.  Doug was there when the doors to this facility weren't even installed and he said if it were to close he wanted to be there when the doors were locked.  We are pleased that this opportunity was opened up and if he has to be seeking employment next year we won't be having the stress of planning and paying for a wedding, dealing with a funeral and trying to figure out the best course of action for both of our mom's well being. 

very glad to hear that Doug can stay on longer, hopefully by December everything can be put to rights.