Sign in to follow this  
m2102

Monkeytrucker

81 posts in this topic Last Reply

m2102

Gary that put a picture in my head I don't think I'm will ever unsee.

Monkeytrucker

Sad modern times.  Today we take a dump in a little room in which no one else is allowed into.  Back in the days of the outhouse families used to communicate while sitting on the 2-3-4 hole outhouses.  None of this modern false church modesty in place today.  Nice thing about the outhouse was that if one farted or dumped a smelly load no one complained simply because 2' down was a pile of smelly crap from days gone by.  Maybe multi hole outhouses were made for women.  When there are more than one woman in a group they always are saying to another woman "come go with me to the bathroom."  You never hear guys say "Come go with me to the bathroom."  Old country guys simply turn away or step behind something and let fly.  For years mens rooms had nothing more than a trough and there were no dividers for privacy.

We went to the Gibson County Fair Ground track this past summer for a 4wd contest.  In the restroom there were 4 wall hangers and no dividers or doors.  Guys just stood in line till their turn.  A couple of little guys 6-8 year olds were in line.  When the taller of the two got the lower urinal the shorter kid tried his best to get his water pistol up over the edge.  He could not make it so he just backed off a couple steps and fired his pistol with an upward trajectory into the China receptacle.  Needless to say that brought the house down.  Not a guy in there that did not have a flash back to their youth. 

AZgl1800

Gary,

the toilet in my bathroom sets back into a small "stall".

One side is the wall from the closet of the bedroom behind that bathroom, it is also the back drop that holds the shower head and water faucets... it is a walk in shower, no tub, wheelchair can roll right into the shower.

The other side is adjacent to the vanity that holds the sink.

There is a stainless steel hand rail on both of those walls, you just can't appreciate how handy those hand rails are until you use them.

Grab them to set down so that you don't get "off center", and if you aren't feeling up to snuff, grab both of them to help lift up off the seat.

When we bought the house, the toilet was one of the "low to the floor" types so kids could use them.

I replaced all the toilets in the house with the hi-rise seats made for us seniors. That lets your thighs set horizontal instead of "up hill". Made a tremendous difference is the ease of getting up off the seat.

Monkeytrucker

Thinking about making us an EUROPEAN out house.  Yes we still have the original outhouse on the place. If I hook up a garden hose to spray just right then have a Harbor Freight electric heat gun to come on just after the garden hose stops its cleansing spray we would have a nice old fashioned modernized Bidet. 

Today's big battle is boredom.  They will not let me go anywhere due to being a fall risk so I am so bored that I got out the sewing machines and made a couple of Ice pack bags so the ice will be kept in the correct position when I sleep.  I did sneak outside this morning and got on the power chair and rode it down to get the mail and then rode down the road about 1/4 mile and back.  Wanted to see if the pulling unit operator has moved his machine.  It is still there so I might make a raid on it tomorrow and grab some sell able items to recoup what he owes me for the pipe racks I built to his needs.  Would simply repo the racks but he has them secured so if the pole is not vertical the racks cannot be removed.  

A guy I worked for had a real job of selling steam heating plants for apartment buildings and etc.  One guy did not pay for his boiler.  Seems that on a cold snap the boiler got stolen.  With his tenants screaming for heat he called about getting a boiler.  This time John got paid cash up front for a boiler that was exactly ready to fit in place of the one stolen.  Think it even had the same serial #s

Maybe I can start making doll dresses and selling them.  Of course it would be more fun if the dolls were live and...  Estella would not like that very well.  Her main job in life is keeping all playboy models away from me.  Dang, she is doing a good job of that. 

• Like 3

Dusty Boots

Hmm  ....  not sounding so good, Gary!  :(

A fella in my riding group made it out to our Chapter's latest M&G. He had a hip replacement done within the last month or so and he's doing great. Walking around not even using his cane and should be out riding once the weather warms up within the next 2 - 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Beautiful day outside.  Bike is sitting in the hangar all ready to go.  However when I try to head that way I have this hard pull around my neck when the log chain that is padlocked around my neck an to a foundation anchor.  Dang woman!

Am trying to cut back on the pain meds.  Hopefully when the PT monitor guy gets here Monday they will let me graduate to a cane.  Life is so much fun that I think I will let them do the other hip and both knees.

Watched a thing on the news where they are inserting a man made pad between finger joints to relieve arthritis.  Maybe soon they will have it for hips and knees soon and spines soon. 

Monkeytrucker

I quit the narcotics except for sleeping and things have gotten better.  I started using a cane and actually not using it much.  Main pain is that large hematoma.  They are telling me it will go away but it so far does not seem to be doing so.  Nailed the PT assessment guy today with the hip joint ball thing.  When he had me up walking I feigned a great pain and let it hit the floor.  The look on his face was priceless.  Even Estella laughed at that prank.

So there just might be a glimmer of hope for making the moonshine lunch run.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

On quitting the narcotics.  I can only surmise the reason people like to be high is trying to escape the PAIN OF REALITY or the REALITY OF PAIN. 

I truly believe pain is not bad as it makes us know we are alive.  People who claim to be totally pain free are probably not truthful or non-existent. 

m2102

Gary you are terrible to do that to your OR guy, but it is funny. I remember one time at Dr appointment for shoulder I hurt at work, when said Dr went to check movement I let out a bowel and she jumped, so did my wife. She asked did that hurt that bad and told her just checking her response time. The real pancake after we left and my wife let me have it. I started laughing and didn't help much.

Great that you went to a cane and don't rely on it much. Don't let feeling better get best of you. If think you want to try bike, try throwing your Leg over first and Rockville side to side to see if all is comfortable. Short solo rides a and work up from there. Moonshine does sound like it will be possible for you.

Monkeytrucker

I think that by next week I will be working with the PT on the process of getting on and off the bike.  Even before the hip this short legged guy had to work to do that.  Now if I was tall and long legged like Jack White I would simply throw a leg over from either side.  Maybe I need to put a saddle horn on it as swing up like the cowboys do.  But then I might kick Estella in the face as she likes to climb on first.  Watching both of us getting on the bike is comical and time consuming.

• Like 1

Parman

Patience my friend. Just take it slow and easy. We have a while before the weather gets nice enough to ride anyways.

Monkeytrucker

Patience my friend. Just take it slow and easy. We have a while before the weather gets nice enough to ride anyways.

Are you channeling Estella?  That is what she says.

It is the 2 steps forward and one step back thing. late this afternoon while standing in the walk way holding onto the back of the couch I turned wrong or ?? and OUCH!  Been trying to walk it out but the Ice pack feels the best.  Still trying to avoid the feel really good meds during the day.  At least without them when she hits me for doing something wrong I can tell it immediately and not have to wait until tomorrow when the bruises show up.  Glad she does not read this.

It was 77 here on Monday.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

Wise words.  My Sister had a hip replacement on Jan 2 of this year,  After a few weeks of misery, she is now running around like a little kid.  You will get there.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

PT lady was here today and I talked her into going for a walk.  We walked over terrain with mole runs and gravel.  We went to the shop so she could see what I am wanting to get back too next Monday.  Then we went to the hangar and posed the question to her about mounting and dismounting the 1800.  Going to be interesting.  All in all we walked about 3/8 mile.

• Like 1

m2102

Not bad for first walk around. Remember when you try mounting and dusmounting the bike it's like sitting on a horse on the legs. Carefull nothing pops out of place. What did PT think about getting on bike?

Monkeytrucker

Big problem is getting my right leg (bad leg as they call it) over the seat.  I always had to do a comedy act by turning so I could put my right foot behind me and over the seat.  The Kuriyakin drivers seat back is the real problem but riding without it is also a problem.  Oh well, we will figure out how to do it.  Maybe not as soon as I want but we will.  If we do not then we have a nice 1800 for sale.

m2102

Have you tried standing on the left foot peg and throwing your leg over? Thats the only way i get on. Not athletic enough to step across. Best part is don't care who sees me.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Time will tell on getting on and off.  I always have told people to laugh as we get on and off.  3-4 years ago we saw a beautiful red 1800 trike pulling a matching trailer sitting at gas pumps.  The thing that made it stand out was it had a roof.  So we pulled into the gas station to look at it.  The guy and his lady came out of the store and we talked to them about the bike and they said they were from Las Vegas where the sun beat down unmercifully.  He said roofs are not uncommon out in the dessert areas.  His lady commented that getting back into her area of the bike was very comical.  She had to climb onto the front seat, crawl backwards and then wrestle her feet into position so she was sitting back in her cocoon.  The roof extended just over the top of the Tulsa tall windscreen.  Quite the rig.

m2102

I just chalk it up to bringing a smile to someone who mite be watching. I have seen that bike with the roof couple different times on Terri's Facebook page and on a forum but can't remember which one. As long as it doesn't bother you getting on just keep practising.

jobe05

I wished you would have gotten a picture of that trike with a roof on it, sounds like something I would like to do.......

Time and patience Gary, Time and patience.......  You'll get back on the bike....

In the mean time, set the camper up and enjoy it!

m2102

I believe this is the one he saw.

post-2952-0-09781500-1490310406_thumb.jpg

Monkeytrucker

Roof looks like the one.  This one was a trike and the brighter red.  Quite an impressive rig.  John, Becca should be able to hop back in there with no trouble.

Monkeytrucker

Was cleared to ride slowly on the old Honda Big Red.  PT said she grew up on one so I am supposed to stay in 1st or 2nd gear.  Also can do some small things in the shop as long as I do them from the power chair or a big fiberglass and metal chair.  Can only use retrieval tools if something hits the floor.  Managed to pop the hip out in the house today and my foot was caught.  Had to start screaming for Estella to come and pull my foot forward.  It popped right back in.  Was walking thru the house minutes later.  Her rule is now "You will carry your lifeline button when you go outside."  I am gaining some muscle back and the PT added a couple more exercises.  Getting there, just not as fast as I want.

• Like 2

AZgl1800

I have taken to putting my left foot up on the passenger's foot rest. this gives me more height to raise my right leg up and over the front seat...

the back rest folds down out of the way for this effort. once I am seated, it is folded back up where it belongs.

Monkeytrucker

This is a photo showing my daily reminder of how I miss going out to the shop.  This is all of the gear I carry when going to the shop with one new item, a spare hip ball.  My artist friend found it in a salvage yard years ago and just thought it a nice piece of stainless steel.  When I had my hip surgery he sent it to me as a joke.  

I have had much fun with it when asked how the hip is going.  I say "good until last week when I felt a sharp pain and when I looked down this was laying on the floor."  "Do you think it is something vital?"  When the smarter ones realize what it is laughter follows and then when it is explained to the slower ones more laughter follows.

Then a follow up joke happens when asked where did you get that?  I say "my friend was poking around in a junk yard and opened a trunk of a old car and found it laying in there with some bones."  It is amazing how many bite on that hook.  

IMG_1393_zpspi24wfwe.jpg

• Like 1