Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
m2102

Monkeytrucker

81 posts in this topic Last Reply

m2102

Today is the day Gary went in for his hip replacement. Been talking back and forth with him through PM and he has had a time with his hip. He went in at 5 this morning to hospital in Indiana to get ready for his surgery. Terri and i have sent our prayers to him and Estelle. The impression i got from talking to him that his bride could be a force to reckon with if she sees something she don't like. A lot like mine when ihad mystays in hospitals. All the best Gary, you'll be back and raising heck in no time.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery, Gary!!!!   :thumbs-up:

Parman

Hope all goes well and you have a speedy and full recovery. I know the bride will keep you in line with what the doctors tell you to do.

pwhoever

More prayers that all goes well!

OnaWingandaPrayer

Prayers for great mechanic er ah Doctor and quick healing. My bride went thru it a few years back and all is good . Just follow directions on rehab . work at it but dont overdo it. 

youngnbald

Good luck Gary and hope all goes well!

AJ1500

best wishes for a speedy recovery

Galaxyhunter

Gary,  I hope you have a lot better luck then my Niece had with her hip replacement. :thumbs-up:

Parman

I have a co-worker that had a double hip replacement a few years ago and he gets around fine now pain free.

m2102

I had my left done about 3 years ago and feels great. Before i had it done had times when walking to my truck after work, didn't know if i would make it. Before i had my right hip repaired, 3 screws in it, i had shooting pain at times down my right thigh. Terri thinks they cleaned some of the arthritis out from my hip. We'll see how it goes.

jobe05

Prayers for a speedy recovery Gary!

Buckfarrack

Thanks Mike.Yes sir,Gary's bride will keep'em movin'.Monkeytrucker knows who the boss is.lol Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery buddy! Hope to see you both soon.

rcameron

Prayers a speedy recovery!!

:angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:

m2102

He was to go home today but haven't heard from him. If he would gtt on forum and bring up the posts I'll bet it would help lift his spirts. Hearing from friends goes a long way, it did for me when i had my hip problem in December. My big venture this year so far is going to moonshine. Been doing short rides when weathet permits to get back in riding mode.

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

Finally made it home today, Thursday.  The hip operation evidently went fine and believe it or not I can actually walk on it.  The only thing that hurts is the incision.  However I will be attached to my new walker (had to have on with wheels and it cost more to get the wheel kit than a new walker) for a couple of weeks at least.  I asked him when I could think about riding and he said maybe in a month.

The biggest problem was that my BP bottomed out 2 days which made me stay a day longer.  The whole nursing staff on the wing and the MD got really worried.  They turned the IV pump to full, added a bag of something designed to stimulate the heart and get it up to 80 over 50.  Today I caught it starting to repeat and we had a different nurse.  She told me to start gulping down the pepsi I had because caffeine was a good stimulant.  I told her I had a 5 hour energy in my electronics bag so she grabbed it and I drank it.  within a couple minutes my BP started up.  Their suspicion it is due to a large amount of blood loss during the surgery which for an anemic person it would be more pronounced.

Thank you for all of the good words.  This is a great forum who makes a guy feel good.

• Like 3

m2102

Good to hear your back Gary. They got you hopefully back on bike sooner than i was. Took me 2 months before i could. Thats one thing about a hip, want you up and walking as you can to get strength back.

m2102

did they go in from front or back? When did the screws in my hip they went through the back. Longer heal time, dang it.

Niw grab an energy drink an sit and rest before going out to your shop.

Monkeytrucker

they called it anterior and was done on that special table. Which means the front but my cut is outside the hip joint.  He sure was not afraid to make a cut as that sucker is long.  I expected it to be cut more to the front side and closer to my crotch.  Other than the incision it hurts a heck of a lot less than before.

The exercises are now harder but when the PT person gets here I am sure there will be much more pain.  Also the visiting nurse should get here on Friday to put a new dressing on it.  Now I need two new knees, a second hip, a new set of pads between spinal disks, new shoulders, new .....?  Of course after one is gone they will start doing all of that.

m2102

Yea they went in from the front. Mine was same way and incision was about 3 maybe 4" long. Didn't stitch mine they used glue of all things. Also covered it with a kind of clear plastic that stayed on till local Dr took it off. It let me take a shower without worrying about getting it wet. I asked the Dr that took it off when i could drive. He said when i went to a cane. On the way out of town we stopped and got a cane, was driving about a week later.

Dusty Boots

Glad to see you're out of the Hospital and back on here, young fella!!   :thumbs-up:

Monkeytrucker

I am a terrorist!  

At least our cat thinks that.  She is not sure about my walker.  Probably appears as a cat tail shortening device.  

Sure was good to sleep in my own bed.  Only thing I missed was Clara, night nurse, who would come in and re-arrange the pillows and my legs then target my butaco with a morphine shot.  Sure could have used one in the middle of last night.

m2102

Always good to be back to familiar surroundings. When mine was done the company i worked for foot the bill. The replacement and motel room for 12 days after for 30 minute PT sessions a day . I think i was in hospital 2 days and don't recall that kind of service. I did get pain killers just by asking. Had problems with the motel room we were in, claustrophobia was very strong. Spent majority of nights walking with walker the hall and in lobby of the motel. Yep, was really happy to get home.

Monkeytrucker

I cannot understand why people want to get high.  I am getting hydrocordone for pain.  Only use them at night because for some reason the incision hurts like heck.  I sleep for a bit then pop awake like I was fully alert. However everyone of those 28 staples are pulling against individual nerves and feel like 56 pointed knives.  So another pill and again some sleep.  While this is all going on the ambien is trying to keep one sleeping.  So one is caught between Thor and Morpheus.  This happens about 2 times a night.  Then when getting up in the morning I feel drugged or on a dying buzz.  I just do not like to give up my abilities to think or act properly in my waking hours.  It would compare to driving down the road on the Gold Wing and not operating the controls which would scare anyone not operating on a death wish.

: DIZZY :

m2102

Gary i almost hesitate to say but i had some discomfort at night and yes it would wake me up. I'm a sleep on my side sleeper and rolling over was the worst. They didn't use staples on me just a medical glue to hold it together and a sticky clear plastic over the incision. My whole hip to half way to my knee was numb for actualy over a year. The hip doctor sent me home, and can't believe he did, with 190 hydrocordone for pain. First couple weeks i used them but it had to be bad before i did. Had them for almost a year before they were gone. I have gotten them ftom my family Dr fir knee issues that i plan to get fuxed next winter. I wush i could offer suggestions for your pain but from my experience it took about 2 1/2-3 weeks before it started to settle down. I had. PT tell me that massaging coconut oil on and around the area helps healing. Just gentle massage felt good.

m2102

Gary you been pretty quiet lately.have you gotten better pain control for your hip? I think mine is finely getting better,can walk better and longer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,