Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
AZgl1800

Mardonna - very ill

40 posts in this topic Last Reply

AZgl1800

Typically I post updates in the Miscellaneous section, but lots of folks never look there anymore.

Today, she was transferred from Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa to Post Acute Medical Specialties hospital, also in Tulsa... the latter is a LTAC unit.

She has been very unresponsive for the last several days.
She underwent dialysis on Tuesday and it hurt her quit a bit...

the pain did not stop so the hospital gave her some morphine and somewhere around the same time, they gave her an Ativan because she was highly anxious about nearly everything.

After that, she did not eat or drink or wake for for 36 hours... they gave her some Narcan that cancels the effects of those two narcotic drugs. She woke up in 120 seconds. I was amazed at what that stuff can do.

We arrived at Post Acute at 5:30 PM, at 6:15 they said she had low blood pressure and rushed her to ICU where she is now. The called me about an hour ago and wanted verification on her 'DNR' wishes which happens to be don't resuscitate if she has a heart attack.

Cyndi and I have been doing 12 hour shifts with her since before Christmas and we are both just totally worn out. I guess the effect was showing on my face so bad that the hospital folks told me to go home and get some rest.

So, I packed everything back up in the car and went home.

What does the future hold for her? I don't know, but she is one very sick lady right now.

Please send up some prayers to pull her back into the Light of Day...

Ghost Rider 2

Prayers to you and your family. 

dwsonar

So sorry to hear. Prayers coming her way

Rampal1955

i have added her name to my church prayer list. Remember God performs miracles all the time... Take care and God bless....

Russell lawrence

Thoughts and prayers going out to you... Stay positive as the Lord does not always let us know his plans for us...

jobe05

Praying for Mardonna and all of you John.  I know this has been a long and tiring fight for you and Cyndi.

pwhoever

Very sorry to hear her suffering like this. More prayers being sent...

AJ1500

sending positive energy and thoughts your way.

Parman

My thought and prayers are with her and your family.

:angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:

m2102

John i posted on another thread before i saw this one. We are truly hopeful that she gets well soon. I can't speak for others but it makes my isdues seem so minor. God bless you all.

mowerdoc

Prayers coming from sc

Monkeytrucker

John, Estella and I are sending very positive thoughts to Madonna and you plus Cyndi.  As I posted in another thread, when most of us got married we said vows that said "For better and worse, in sickness and health".  It is great that you are living up to those vows when your mate is in need.

brianinpa

John, Praying for Mardonna, you, and the entire family at this time...

youngnbald

Prayers for you, Mardonna and the family.

Hawggy

So sorry to hear this sad news John. Hoping for the best for Mardonna and Family.

AZgl1800

Sadness:
On Monday morning, yesterday now.....
Mardonna said Stop, I just want to go home. She meant back to Bluffton, Indiana and to go be with her parents: Margaret and Don.
Dr. Cook was there and her health care was changed to Palliative care. She will remain at Post Acute Medical hospital for a while, not sure how long that will be.
We met in the fall of 1968, married February '69. Been a lot of good times and some rough patches along the way as most marriages have... it ended though with us getting closer together than we have ever been.

Tuesday Update:

This morning, our son, PJ from Dawsonville, GA went it at 0800 to see his mom. I was hoping that she would awaken enough for him to get in a visit....
that did not happen, she would moan and cry out in pain, or imagined pain. The nurses and doctor are not sure which.

Dr. Cook with our permission via the phone on speaker, all agreed to have her put on a Morphine Drip to let her stop hurting and get some rest..... as I understand, that just got underway at 11:45 AM

PJ just texted me, he is coming back to my house, visit a bit with us and Mardonna's closest friends "Cyndi and Jimmy James" who only live about 4 miles north of us.

He will be heading out for home later today...

This morning, he got a taste of what Cynthia and I have been dealing with since last August.... we insulated him from most of it. sometimes too much and he would call and ask why the info we sent out varied so much.....

that was because there were up days, and severely bad days.... and after a while, I just quit sending out a lot of info that wasn't really helpful.

My dear Mardonna, may you gain some peace today...

m2102

after reading your heart felt post the only words that come to me is the bond you and your wife have. may she get relief from her pain soon.

AZgl1800

She passed at 4 pm

m2102

John, our prayers go out to you and your family for your loss. Loosing a loved one is never easy to take. We just take solace that they are at peace and in good hands.

flylow

John, so sorry to read this today.  The good times Connie and I had with you and Mardonna will be remembered and cherished.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

:Face-Crying:    :angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:    :sad-face:

Rebel Girl

So sorry. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and yours.

mowerdoc

Sorry for your loss for you and your family may you find some comfort in you now have an angel to watch over you

Rebel Girl

So sorry for your loss. She's not hurting any more.

Flyone

John, I am so sorry but remember she is in a much better place now. Prayers go out to you and the whole family.