Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Fun new toy

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Estella and got ourselves a neat toy for Christmas.  We got an Amazon Echo Dot.  It is great to say "Alexa  Play songs by Roy Acuff" or any other artist and it starts playing those songs.  Ask her about the weather and she gives it.  can even ask her about weather or traffic in other places.  She will tell jokes and we added a skill (app) where you talk to it and then it plays back cat meows.  We drive our old cat nuts with that. I have been wanting a decent radio for my shop but I can buy another Echo Dot connect it to the speakers in the shop and have what music I want via our wide range wi-fi antenna.

jobe05

Becca wanted the Dot, so I got it for her.  But after reading about the difference between the Dot and the original one, I also go her the original one.  It has better range, better sound and better understanding of what you are saying, and it's quicker than the Dot.  So she has two, one for the kitchen and one for the deck so she can listen to music.