Sign in to follow this  
yooperfan

1 mile

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

By my calculations, the next new person to join will reach a milestone for the forum.  That will make 5280 members, or 1 mile, but standing side by side, we would need more like 3 miles,   :).    Sadly, we might only need maybe 1/4 mile to cover the active members,   :(.  

jobe05

Unfortunately activity on most of the forums I go to are down.  Facebook has really put a crimp on all the forums.  Although FB is good for immediate communication, it doesn't make for tracking a conversation for more than a few hours very easy.  It seems every time I hit the refresh on FB, I get a different feed.  Not easy to find your post.

• Like 3

DaveO430

Unfortunately activity on most of the forums I go to are down.  Facebook has really put a crimp on all the forums.  Although FB is good for immediate communication, it doesn't make for tracking a conversation for more than a few hours very easy.  It seems every time I hit the refresh on FB, I get a different feed.  Not easy to find your post.

Another reason I quit FB.

Yes forum traffic is way down, but at least most of the info is good, unlike FB.

yooperfan

With a little nudge from someone here, I started a FB page years ago.  My name was something like,  NOBODY.  Then, everytime I liked something, it said.....nobody likes this.  It lasted about 2 weeks before the novelty wore off, especially since i wasn't able to make it a personal account, only a business account, so I couldn't use it the same way as everyone else.

yooperfan

The head count is still one short.

AZgl1800

all the forums that i frequent are down in activity.

especially today...

but  they have been all of this fall, and there has been the trend since FB became so invasive and putrid...

on FB, i have blocked so much of it, nothing is left but my friends.... no fake news channels left at all for me to gawk at.

jobe05

on FB, i have blocked so much of it, nothing is left but my friends.... no fake news channels left at all for me to gawk at.

Sometimes, especially with our "Political" season thats upon us, Id rather see fake news than the spewing of Drama some people create in their lives..........

I have a 14 year old great niece that her parents allow on FB.  All she ever post is things about sex and killing herself and her parents are in the same room with her and allow it to happen,,,,,,,,,  It sickens me........ 

I really kinda got .......  not upset, but confused when halfling got off FB last fall.....  But IM really starting to lean that way myself.  I like certain aspects of it, specially when Im traveling, it makes posting my whereabouts quick and easy so my wife and family know Im OK.  Messenger is easy to use and in some cases when there is poor to no data coverage, it is the only form of communication that I have.  But I can live without the day to day crap thats on FB.

Johnny R

Only one short?  Can I join twice?  Up here it Canada it always works.  Many of you riders are lucky to have 8 - 12 months of riding.  I am lucky to get 6.  Bet of the newyear to all.

brianinpa

Side to side 3 miles... I guess it is a good thing you didn't give a distance for standing front to back. That one might be a bit further than 3 miles.

Steed

Side to side 3 miles... I guess it is a good thing you didn't give a distance for standing front to back. That one might be a bit further than 3 miles.

I'm not getting in that line even WITHOUT a bar of soap...

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

It has been my experience that the first of the year brings lower amounts of activity, be it clubs that meet once a month, coffee groups that meet once a week or forums.  The shortage of sunlight causes a more down and lazy moods.  That is why up in the areas where they are experiencing almost 24 hour darkness they use special lights to stimulate people.  Just like having a light in the chicken house makes for more egg production.  Well at least if you can keep ferrets, skunks and other critters out of the chicken house.  Our daughters laying hens got decreased by a couple this week.  They suspect a skunk.

brianinpa

I'm not getting in that line even WITHOUT a bar of soap...

Not quite what I was going for there Terry.  Some of us, are larger around the midsection...

:roflmao:

• Like 1

Steed

Not quite what I was going for there Terry.  Some of us, are larger around the midsection...

:roflmao:

In todays P.C. world, ya just never know anymore...

brianinpa

I am the anti PC....

• Like 1

yooperfan

We have 7 new members in the last 2 weeks, so the 1 mile milestone (pun intended) has been surpassed and we have a 6 member head start on the next mile.

dwsonar

Part of my lower participation in other forums is, 1, to many pop-up ads, 2, requiring complicated passwords that this old brain can't remember.

yooperfan

Agreed on both counts.  I write passwords on the kleenex box, but that only works until I need a new box.  For some reason, the other site I use sometimes isn't totally compatible at work.  I can only use it as a guest,  not as me.