Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Parman

Parmans 3rd Annual Fall Color Ride/Campout

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

Parman

Short notice but this event gets planned based on the leaves and weather.

When: 21-23 Oct

Camping at Cut Rock State Park just north of Rockford IL

I have lot #142 reserved and there are still several lots available in the area. Weather is favorable so we are going do it this weekend.

Those of you not interested in camping we will leave the Plum Grove Loop in the campground around 0700 am.

Saturday morning we have a 300 mile route planned out which will take is along the Stagecoach Trail in IL over to Iowa up along the Great River Road and back down thru SW Wisconsin to the campground.

Hope to see some of you this weekend.

Don

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

I have campsite  #144 reserved.   This will be a nice ride along The Mississippi.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Sorry Don  ...  I just put my camper away for the season!   :sad-face:

• Like 1

pwhoever

By a twist of fate, my wife and her sister started conniving last week about a camping trip for this upcoming weekend. Somehow they settled on Rock Cut as the place. So they reserved site's 120 and 122 in the Plum Grove loop. I am not sure about myself as I have been battling a major cough and runny nose for almost 3 weeks now. I just got new medication to try from doctor and if I am feeling better, I will be there. Good chance because I will be with the family though, I may be there without the bike. But will for sure be able to join in the nightly festivities after Jr goes to bed...

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

Who knows, maybe Estella and I might make it.  Grandson is having new vehicle-itus and we just might be coming up to retrieve my Dodge pickup.  But then it will depend on payment for the welding I have been doing.  Danged oil companies have so many different groups it is just a wait and see about which one coughs up coin of the realm.  They were supposed to get me some metal today to finish the rod and tubing racks.  They did not.  The guy kept telling me they were getting it and the coin.  I just told him I was not worried as I knew where he kept his slips and elevators.  Those things are like gold and easy to sell.  Might have got my point across.

• Like 2

Parman

Sorry Don  ...  I just put my camper away for the season!   :sad-face:

Toss a tent, air matress, and sleeping bag in the saddle bag and come on over. Not many nice days left this year.

youngnbald

Not sure how far up Iowa/Wisconsin you will ride.  See if Desoto, Wisconsin is within your range.  I highly recommend Great River Roadhouse to eat!!!!!  I have taken many people there and even large groups.  Service is great and the food is HUGE and excellent!

I would love to join the ride, but I have my kids this weekend.

http://www.mississippiriveradventures.com/greatriverroadhouse.htm

• Like 1

Parman

Not sure how far up Iowa/Wisconsin you will ride.  See if Desoto, Wisconsin is within your range.  I highly recommend Great River Roadhouse to eat!!!!!  I have taken many people there and even large groups.  Service is great and the food is HUGE and excellent!

I would love to join the ride, but I have my kids this weekend.

http://www.mississippiriveradventures.com/greatriverroadhouse.htm

Unfortunately we aren't going that far north. We are crossing the river at Prairie du Chien and heading back southeast.

Galaxyhunter

Toss a tent, air matress, and sleeping bag in the saddle bag and come on over. Not many nice days left this year.

Hey Ken,  I have an extra tent.  I'm sure that I could find an air mattress.  You  just need to bring yourself. :thumbs-up:  

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Thanks, I have a couple of tents and all needed equipment, but I am in the midst of rehabbing the shop floor (chasing and filling in the cracks with concrete) at this moment, before the weather gets too cold and I can't get the bike out at the moment!!

14725710_10154713366175555_1437419571008

14729331_10154714688695555_6541936276799

14671156_10154714688515555_3202437315561

14606297_10154717492050555_5009127073754

Have fun!

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

Short notice but this event gets planned based on the leaves and weather.

When: 21-23 Oct

Camping at Cut Rock State Park just north of Rockford IL

I have lot #142 reserved and there are still several lots available in the area. Weather is favorable so we are going do it this weekend.

Those of you not interested in camping we will leave the Plum Grove Loop in the campground around 0700 am.

Saturday morning we have a 300 mile route planned out which will take is along the Stagecoach Trail in IL over to Iowa up along the Great River Road and back down thru SW Wisconsin to the campground.

Hope to see some of you this weekend.

Don

Is this the time the ride starts or when we leave for breakfast?   Sunrise isn't till roughly 07:15. 

Parman

Leave around 0700 for breakfast.

• Like 1

kamikaze84

I'm in for riding not gonna camp this year. Camper is put up for the season plus my comfy bed is way to close and I have heat lol.

• Like 1

Parman

I'm in for riding not gonna camp this year. Camper is put up for the season plus my comfy bed is way to close and I have heat lol.

And you call yourself my son? Fair weather camper. I'll have your mom bring you warm  milk and cookies before she tucks you in. :roflmao:

• Like 1

kamikaze84

And you call yourself my son? Fair weather camper. I'll have your mom bring you warm milk and cookies before she tucks you in. :roflmao:

You promise???

Galaxyhunter

I could get you a bottle of Fireball to keep you warm.   :Face-Raspberry:

• Like 1

Parman

Just got home from a great weekend. 

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

Nice weather & great ride.  It doesn't get any better.

post-4769-0-56692300-1477261610_thumb.jpg

post-4769-0-30024300-1477261639_thumb.jpg

• Like 2