Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker
  • Times running out!!! Order your NASR 11 Items NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 T-Shirt Orders Have CLOSED!!!
  • NEW NEW NEW...Official NAGF Flags Now Avaialble In Our Online Store!!!
  • Two Sizes Available!!!
  • Quantities are limited, Order NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 Store Is Open!!!
Monkeytrucker

The joy of having an Aspen Classic Camper

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

Estella and I are taking off for Lake Shelbyville in south central IL for 2-3 nights.  Have food stocks packed and other vital stuff, have books loaded on our tablets and the bike windshield cleaned and everything checked and ready to go.  Only problem is that the "Old Peoples" home heath/help person comes on Tuesday and Thursdays.  Estella having worked in that business years ago hates to cut her out of 6 hours a week even though she says she has other clients that can get those 6 hours.

Back to the JOY OF HAVING AN ASPEN CAMPER.  We got ours on April 3rd, 2015 and have spent over 3 months sleeping in it.  It has also functioned as a second bedroom for guests.  Fits the tiny house trend.  

Just yesterday I was at one of my doctors offices and she said "I hope you do not mind my taking extra time with you?"  Of course I said no.  Then she said her granddaughter is really interested in the tiny house thing.  She wanted to know what type of trailer she would need.  I suggested getting a 2 axle trailer and that one could be ordered almost any length.  Then I suggested a 20' shipping container that would cost under $3,000.  Any welder worth their salt could put axles under it.  Also pointed out that there are many roll back trucks that could move it if needed.  She filled a sheet of paper with suggestions and all of her customers would be at least 1/2 hour behind.  Was fun to give a Doctor information instead of getting information.  BTW, the granddaughter lives down in Florida.  I volunteered to ride the bike pulling our camper there to do the metal work required to install doors and windows in the container.  Who knows might be a good time down there during the winter.  One can only hope.

Monkeytrucker

Oh the Joy of an Aspen Camper.  We are heading to Land Between The Lakes, Hillman Ferry campground for 3 days and 2 nights of decompression.  Weather is supposed to be in high 60s and mid 70s.  Friday is predicted to be having angel tears by mid afternoon so hopefully we will be returned by then.

The "Tractor Solarium" 14' by 32' skidded building is finished, skidded into place, construction area cleaned up, tools put away, the Aspen's dog house moved to near its new spot and Tuesday I pulled some small trees and posts supporting various items use for plants to vine on using the winch of Frankertruck.  Then I mowed out all of the weeds, flowers Estella did not want.  Talk about dusty (not Dusty Boots" so while I was covered in dirt I used the leaf blower to blow all of the leaves out of my shop area and into a BIG pile at the end of the driveway.  Was going to burn them but decided just to mow them into dust.  Got that done and headed across the place to put the mower into the tractor solarium and ran out of gas in the middle of the back yard.  Got off the mower where it stopped and went into the house and told Estella I was tired and we needed to compress so lets go camping.  

OH THE JOY OF OWNING AN ASPEN CLASSIC CAMPER AND A HONDA 1800 GOLD WING.  TWO OLD PEOPLE WHO ARE ENJOYING LIFE ONE (S)MILE AT A TIME.  Some day we are going to have to grow up and act old.

• Like 3

Dusty Boots

Good for you and Estella, Gary!   :thumbs-up:

Not the least bit jealous while we have our typical mid 40 - low 50*, cloudy days here!  ...  Nope, not jealous at all!   :sad-face:    

Monkeytrucker

We had 3 perfect days.  Wednesday was about 75 degrees, Thursday was 80 and a degree or so more and Friday was about 80.  For once the weather prognosticators were dead on.  We left at 10 a.m. and headed home.  Stopped to fuel up and a guy asked where are you from.  We told him and he knew exactly where we were from.  Seems he was a traveling rep for a fuel/convenience store chain and covered 3 states.  He told us we had better scoot and pulled up the predicted storm front on his I-phone.  If we hustled we could hook around the leading edge.  So we got back on I-24 then I-69 and let it roll.  Traffic was running above 80 and we cruised between 85-90.  Just watched how the semi trucks were running.  Most of them were running between 75-80.  We did beat the rain and made it in home.  

Thursday we rode to Paducah  and toured the National Quilt Museum.  One of those places where I found a comfortable place to sit and Estella looked at every stitch in every quilt.  

Who would think that in the second half of November one would be wearing short sleeve tee shirts.  Probably will be next spring before we see days like this.  Maybe the rain that is falling at this moment will settle the dust and make the pond come back up to normal.

Monkeytrucker

Christmas time is here.  Learned that we are going to be hosting our son, his wife and the 2 grand kids (Kids? one is 22 and the other turns 21 on Dec. 27) for a couple of days.  The Aspen is coming out of the big dog house and getting set up on the patio.  Do not know who will be sleeping in it but again it rises to the occasion.  

• Like 1

youngnbald

Michele and I have done that same thing to entertain many people and not have to worry about hotels.  We put the camper up in the heated garage and perfect, quick bedroom.

Monkeytrucker

We folded the camper and put it back in the dog house a couple days ago.  Wish we would have left it up.  We would have spent the night in it and celebrate the new year in.  Oh well!  Should have thought ahead.

jobe05

It's killing me watching mine sit there all covered up under neath the back deck...........

Im really itching to get it out and set it up.........

Monkeytrucker

We would go right now but would have to set anchors to bed rock to tie it down.  Us old people got to crawl under the home, cut off all of the wrapping on the water lines and install new heat tape.  Had to be funny.  Estella with a bum arm, me with a bum hip and both of us having to work around the sewer lines and gas lines.  But we got it done.  Time to go camping so we can rest up.........

:agreed-with-sign:

• Like 1