Sign in to follow this  
m2102

It's official

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

m2102

Well it's in the dealers hands now. Took my bike down to Niehaus to have the trike kit put on. Tony, their trike installer, is helping on the family farm 3 days and 3 at the shop. He has couple hours on one to finish then he starts mine. Bill is anticipating next Thursday to have it done. Would really be nice to have it for next weekend.

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

That's Great Mike !  enjoy the future rides on the new wheels .

m2102

Thanks Mike we can't wait to get it back and get some riding in while we can this year

m2102

Got the call last night that bike is done. Going down this morning to pick it up.

Ghost Rider 2

You better re/word that comment!!  (Got the call last night BIKE is done)   Sir you are now the proud owner of a trike!!  and congratulations.  Have a great ride today.

• Like 1

m2102

Your tight. I need to get use to saying trike. I HAVE A TRIKE!

pwhoever

Congrats on your new trike!!!

m2102

Thanks Mike. Once we decided to trike it seems forever to finally be going to pick it up. I'll be changing my avatar and get some pix posted once I get it. Bill has s couple things to go over it with me to make sure I know what's what. He told me road smith made a couple change's and I'll be sure and put those on also.

• Like 1

Parman

Congratulations and enjoy.

Oh by the way. You know what they say "No pictures it didn't happen"

• Like 2

m2102

Not even cleaned up yet.

post-2952-0-31459600-1475354562_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

m2102

Oops dbl post

post-2952-0-31459600-1475354562_thumb.jpg

pwhoever

Sweet! What do you think of the handling as opposed to 2 wheels?

m2102

I will say it is different. When I left the dealership I thought the front wheel was going to fall off. Bill came out laughing that I was trying to lean to turn. I went down to a big parking lot and did some figure 8's got my balance and off we went. 46 minutes or so from Niehaus we hit about another 45 minutes of rain, some of it was pretty heavy. Since already wet I pushed on. Bill called about an hour ago, 5 pm, I think to see if I made it home alive. He said if I kept it in control for a rookie in that kind of rain I shouldn't have any problems. Tomorrow I'll try and remember to get a pic of it in my portable garage to get an idea how wide it is.

• Like 3

OnaWingandaPrayer

Now you should be ready to ride for years to come .  Does the trike kit include changing the rake for easier steering ?

m2102

You betcha. Got the 6* rake with traxxion fork springs. About all you have to do on the hiway is think turn and it does. Been asking ourselves why did we wait!

L

• Like 1

youngnbald

Congrats!!!  Someday we will line up for a ride.

• Like 1

m2102

Sounds good Mark. Terri likes riding on a lot better than when it was 2 wheels.

pwhoever

One other bit of advice, if you haven't checked out this forum yet, you might want to consider it. Pretty much covers anything and everything trike related...

Http://www.triketalk.com/forum/forum.php

m2102

Checked it out and signed up. Thanks Mike.

m2102

Got a question for the road smith trikers. Are you planning on putting protection on your fenders? If so what are you going to use? I contacted Roadsmith and they don't make leather fender bras for the HTS kit. Only the HT. The only thing they have is clear chip guard for fenders and it isn't cheap.I have looked about everywhere and can't find leather fender bras. The Hopnel universal from cyclemax wont fit either. Besides it would be way to small. If you come up with a leather solution please post, PM or carrier pigeon.

Thanks

Ghost Rider 2

Go to upholstery place that does car interiors.  Not real cheap, but leather or vinyl is there to make covers.

CrystalPistol

I used to use some 5% Limo Dark Static Cling Window Tint on our '97 GL1500 Lehman GTL Trike's fenders .... it worked well and was so easily removed.  
Back in 2015 though, I replaced it with some heavier textured Vinyl adhesive backed stuff that is the same stuff used as steps for .... steps, trailers, etc.   It's sticky, yet it is easily removed if you like without damage to paint .... even easier if warmed by sun or hair dryer.  I bought it cheap off Ebay.   A few years ago I had some paint clear coat start peeling on our trailer we pull with the trike.  It looked horrible.  Originally the trailer was painted nicely but the PO laid something on the lid that scratched it bad and had the lid repainted cheaply.   I used the same vinyl as an experiment to see how Line-X would look ... worked so well, I left the vinyl on it and now think nothing of laying a jacket or helmet on the trailer as long as we are near by, like a overlook, etc. I have even used a vinyl covered cable and small padlock to secure them there temp. 

Easy to cut, shape, and apply using a small wallpaper type roller .... and a heat gun or hair dryer in corners, etc.  

11-08-15%20Fender%20Bra%20and%20seat_zps

11-08-15%20Fender%20Bra%20left_zpszqgiml

Been asking ourselves why did we wait!

That happens a lot !!!!