Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
pwhoever

Radial Tires

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

pwhoever

I have the aluminum rims as my regular wheels. I have been thinking about when it's time for the tire change, going with 145R12 radials. They are offered as a factory option instead of the bias ply but only on the aluminium rims for some reason. I have the continental kit mounted on the rear and that has the white painted rim attached to that. If I switch to radials on the regular wheels, I would also want the spare to be radial as well. Is there any reason that would prevent me from mounting a radial on the white painted wheel?

jobe05

When I was looking for tires, I was going to go with a radial but they said they wouldn't mount them on a small trailer due to weaker sidewalls and you will get a side to side sway........  And he did say it was the Law.......  What Law, I don't don't........  we were in Michigan when we were looking.

pwhoever

Interesting. I wonder why Aspen sells them as an option then?

jobe05

Again........ Not sure how truthful the guy was being. Larryhas radials and loves them. They seem low enough profile to negate any sidewall deflection. You'll be riding with him next week, follow him and see how the trailer reacts.