Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
jobe05

Jack stand Holders

35 posts in this topic Last Reply

jobe05

Mikes retired now, he's on a new and different calander than us Don.....

pwhoever

My bad, I can't count anymore....

youngnbald

Enjoy the trip guys!  Would love to travel like that, but not able to at the moment.

Dusty Boots

I just installed a new set of 11 1/2" stabilizers on the rear of my Sentry.

I also cut the ends of a couple of 2" x 6" diagonally to roll the camper (with stock sized tires) up on when I reach camp to make it easier to deploy them. I keep the 2 x 6 in the zippered pocket in the cover along with a couple of fold up aluminium tables and wheel chocks.

A stabilizer bolted to the tongue will work fine, Mark. Although I have the optional tongue stand from Trailmaster on my Sentry, I installed one on my cargo trail and it works well!!

8760319307_f536e9b50a_c.jpg

I also have a handle on my tongue which makes picking up the tongue, or moving the camper around a lot easier!

28325624812_8e481b323a_c.jpg

Dusty

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

The length of the jack stands has been one of differing views.  I took care of the problem by simply shortening mine 2" front and rear.  Cut the same amount from the outside part as the inside part.  Sure made setting up a lot easier.  Pull in, drop the front jacks down while still hooked to the bike, raise up on the tongue and let them fall all the way down, then walk to the back and drop the rear jacks.  Have a T level on the tongue between the cooler and body so we just look in to see how it needs to be done.  Usually most leveling is done by the front stands so the backs are just a simple push them down so they are on the ground.

Funny thing was one of my rear jacks had the release on the opposite side.  Thought about trying to reverse it but then it was not a problem worth the time to reverse it.  

My suggestion on keeping the jacks from falling down would be some simple bungee cords to help them to stay in place which is what we did when we had the spring break on one of the jacks soon after we got the camper.  Helped make the decision to shorten them requiring re-bending of the spring.  

Here is the link on how I shortened my stands.  It is on the page 3.

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/community/forums/index.php?/topic/11532-aspen-classic-leveling-stands/

• Like 1

thecruiser

I also have a handle on my tongue which makes picking up the tongue, or moving the camper around a lot easier!

28325624812_8e481b323a_c.jpg

Dusty

Ken,

Where did you buy this tongue handle? Or is this the one you and George made?

The one I have is a "U" shaped handle that bolts to the side of the ball hitch. I have a swivel-hitch and it 'twists' when I lift the trailer tongue with it.

Would much prefer one like this.

Dusty Boots

Ya, it's just a piece of 1/8" thick 1" AL bar bent to shape with a length of PVC pipe, covered with some heat shrink tubing bolted on

Halfling

I was one of the ones that John saw drop a rear jack stand last year. Since then I was using a bungee cord to make sure they stayed up. I finally took the time today to drill a 1/4 inch hole through the foot plates so that I can pull them together and pin them. Looks like it will work just fine and give me some piece of mind!

pwhoever

I actually did the same thing last year out in Cody, WY with one of the new ones I put on. Bent it pretty good when it dropped. That was partially my own fault. I didn't make sure it fully seated when I put it up. But it also fit really tight to begin with when up. I mentioned this when I had new frame installed and I believe they put a couple washers in between frame and Jack so the foot would clear the frame. Seems to work fine now.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

I'm tired of fighting the jacks on the back, working around the tire carrier.  So I'm trying a set of screw jacks. This weekend is the maiden voyage. 

• Like 1