Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Flyone

SE Regional Meet and Greet - Brunswick/St. Simons Island, GA

229 posts in this topic Last Reply

beenshot

I haven't been to St Simons Island since I left the Army in 1986. My last duty station was Ft Stewart and I went to St Simons several times back then.

Make the dates before April and me & neednshot will be there

• Like 4

coffee pot

Ladybug (Elaine) and I are in. Just a couple of hours away and always looking for a good reason to ride and gather.  Keep us posted on the dates, etc..

• Like 2

Snorebabe

I haven't been to St Simons Island since I left the Army in 1986. My last duty station was Ft Stewart and I went to St Simons several times back then.

Make the dates before April and me & neednshot will be there

If y'all are able to make this, I'll get us a bottle !!!  :)

• Like 2

Power Guy

St. Simons sounds great. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Power Guy

I live in SW Florida near Ft. Myers...  When I want to get away for camping trip,,, I go to Sebring, Fl to Highlands Hammock,,, http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/highlands-hammock-sp/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=FL&parkId=281036...  A real nice campground with clean restrooms,,, great showers w/plenty of hot water...  There are lots of areas and I am sure that we can get a area by our selves...  Sebring has a lot of good restaurants to go to or a group ride around lake okeechobee where there are some good places to eat...

This is one place and I will check with my friend Wayne(Wayne M) who is an motocamper  for some more possible sites... 

They also have a nice race track.  ( I built the new hotel there)

Hawggy

We will be in Panama City Beach for all of March again this year. Trailering the Bike down as per usual at this time of year. May be a nice ride North from PCB to Gaga for a meet up if it is in March.

Sorry we won't see the 2 Johns this year. But as he said, Camping sites and rates are rare and expensive during Spring Break time in the Panhandle. That may change someday as Spring Breakers are now moving to Alabama area as they do not like the " New Rules " in Panama City Beach.

• Like 1

Flyone

Ok everyone, here is the date.......March 17-19, 2017.

I am waiting to give details because I want to just confirm motel information but with Hurricane Matthew coming through the area, they are closed. Should be opened back up after the weekend.

Details will be coming next week as far as more information.

• Like 5

Snorebrother

That sounds good to me Nancy and I will be there

• Like 2

Flyone

Ok, with all the flooding and everything going on down on the coast of FL, GA, SC, and NC, I'm not going to have the hotel information this week as promised.

No worries though as we have plenty of time!

I promise everyone will have all the information in plenty of time well in advance of the event.

Just plan on coming!!!!

• Like 1

beenshot

Just put us on the attendance list

• Like 1

beenshot

The Snores need to start saving for that bottle.😎

• Like 4

Snorebabe

The Snores need to start saving for that bottle.

Larry, I got us covered for our bottle !!!   :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon  

Snorebabe

I know this thread has kinda stopped.  Bill is still working on this.  I am trying to get a head count of those that are planning on attending as this will help with room rates.  
Thanks

mowerdoc

Me and rebel girl are planning on it

• Like 2

coffee pot

Lady bug and Coffeepot are planning to go

• Like 1

Gator

Sounds like a great time any where we end up, count me in.

• Like 1

pwhoever

Well I got the ok from my better half so put me on the list. Depends on weather though. As long as we don't get snowed in and I can get out, I should be able to make it...

Unfortunately, I will be solo as she has to work.

• Like 3

beenshot

Mike, you could trailer down to my place and ride over with us if the snow gets too bad up there at the north pole.

• Like 3

thecruiser

I know this thread has kinda stopped.  Bill is still working on this.  I am trying to get a head count of those that are planning on attending as this will help with room rates.  

Thanks

I'd like to go to this event but I'll need to know what it gonna cost for the hotel first. Looks like an expensive part of the country. Also, it's about 350 miles from where I'll be in March. Still healing up from back surgery and don't know if I'll be up for the strain of that long a trip yet.

Sorry I can't commit just yet. :sad-face:

• Like 1

Snorebabe

I'd like to go to this event but I'll need to know what it gonna cost for the hotel first. Looks like an expensive part of the country. Also, it's about 350 miles from where I'll be in March. Still healing up from back surgery and don't know if I'll be up for the strain of that long a trip yet.

Sorry I can't commit just yet. :sad-face:

And that is exactly why a guesstimated head count is needed.  Trying to get the cost of the hotel down so we can all afford to enjoy the M&G.   Should have some numbers very soon.

• Like 2

Halfling

I'll be taking a room for 3 nights (Fri, Sat & Sun) unless everyone else is leaving on Sunday then I will do the same (only 2 nights)>

• Like 3

Snorebabe

I'll be taking a room for 3 nights (Fri, Sat & Sun) unless everyone else is leaving on Sunday then I will do the same (only 2 nights)>

I think most are leaving on Sunday, so we are looking at 2 night stay.

• Like 1

thecruiser

John, will this M&G coincide with your trip with Jobe? If not is he planning coming too?

I ask because if you (or anyone) would like to split a two-bed room... I'm game.  (two nights)

Flyone

Everyone - I promise we will have all the information and room costs on the forum this week for this event.

The reason for the delay is costs. The motel we were going to use last week, jacked up the prices by $70 per night and wanted a contract and guaranteed 20 rooms which is now about double about what we were trying to stay at pricewise and is totally unacceptable! We are finalizing something at a reasonable cost and will have all the information out there this week.

We are not letting our members get "messed over" by greedy people who their word and agreement obviously means nothing. No big deal though, I believe you will be very pleased with the pricing of the rooms we are finalizing right now. This is the reason, we haven't posted anything about motel info, I couldn't get anything in writing, management change, and the Manager we were working with is now no longer there and I knew something wasn't right.

Special Thanks goes out to Gator and Snorebabe for assisting me with this as I have been traveling a lot with business and we (Snorebabe) will have confirmation (and pricing) hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

Whatever you do, please put March 17-19, 2017 on your calendar! We are going to a reasonable motel rate and definitely have a great time!!!

• Like 2

Snorebrother

Look like Snorebrother and Nancy will be there  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,