Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Flyone

So what are you doing July 4th weekend?

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

Flyone

It's getting to become a tradition around the Flyone Family for us to get together either at "The Fly Farm" in Georgia or down in LA (Lower Alabama) to make our "infamous" homemade salsa. So all the "in-laws" showed up last night and we did about 57 quarts of salsa this morning when between all of us with a particular job got it done in about 3 hours of course using the famous "Slocomb, AL" tomatoes!

Fly's batch of salsa is always hotter as I put more than jalapeño peppers in it! It definitely has a kick! We then cleaned up the kitchen after canning, running to the store to get more jalapeños and Ball Maon Jars as we always seem to make more than planned and run out!

For lunch we grill hamburgers on the deck and have lunch of course with cheese, onion, and tomato as we always have ingredients left over from the salsa makin'

What I did count on this time was shopping......I've learned that when Mrs. Fly and her mom get together, there is an outlet store popping up and making the scene somewhere in this salsa making endeavor!

So here I set in the air conditioned truck at Tanger Outlets in Locust Grove, GA posting on the forum instead of riding the Wing! (I believe most of you know me, I ain't a shopper......if I need something I go in, get it and come right back out). But I know I'm the "good husband and the good son in law" because I'm the only one each of those women have and I like to sleep with both eyes closed in bed at night! LOL

So, what are you doing this 4th of July weekend?

• Like 2

jobe05

We will do a couple cookouts at home and watch the fireworks at the park from the comfort of our front deck.

I don't watch the fire works as I will be inside, playing very loud music or TV to keep the 4 dogs calmed down from the loud popping sounds that will scare them to death!!!!!  Monday will be Ribs in the smoker!!

• Like 3

OnaWingandaPrayer

If I get a break in the rain I would like to install the Windbender  windshield and take a lucnh ride monday .  again pending weather out comes.  

Now who is cooking those ribs ?     

I  hope all ya'll have a great weekend celebrating the birth of our country .  

• Like 2

roscoepc

Gonna kick back with a cold one tonight and watch Chase Elliot, Denny Hamlin, and Matt Kenseth go REAL fast at Daytoner tonight!! Hopefully Chase'll win it for me!!! :SmileyTooth:

• Like 2

brianinpa

Camping,fishing, riding, and sitting next to a camp fire a get comfortably numb on 7&7's.

• Like 5

jobe05

And you tell us now and didn't invite us 2 days ago to join you..................

Sigh.......

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Gonna kick back with a cold one tonight and watch Chase Elliot, Denny Hamlin, and Matt Kenseth go REAL fast at Daytoner tonight!! Hopefully Chase'll win it for me!!! :SmileyTooth:

Well it was a fast Ford tonight . Better luck next time. 

• Like 1

Bamaeagle

This year all the kids and grankids will be at my sister in laws place in Boaz, Alabama, We will be cooking on the grill and the kids will be swimming in the pool and I hear water gun fights will be going on too. We will all load up and drive to Lake Guntersville for the fireworks show Monday night. Might get the wing out to ride the kids around some...we will have to see.   

• Like 3

roscoepc

Well it was a fast Ford tonight . Better luck next time. 

Yeah.... The "Big One" got Chase.. At least I got to watch Jimmie Johnson go backwards at 180mph!!!!!! :roflmao:

beenshot

I have to work all weekend but come Monday.....watch out, It will be full on PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Halfling

Been working (driving off on on). Helped Nancy make potato salad last night. Later today my son Jason is having us over to his place for a bar-b-que. Life is good!

Happy 4th everyone!

:Party:

• Like 3

Parman

Working. Had major manhole explosion and have been working 14-15 hrs a day since Thursday. Hopefully by tomorrow night we will have the repairs finished. :Face-Crying: 

On the bright side the overtime couldn't have come at a better time with my trip out west starting on the 20th.   :Face-Smile-Big:

• Like 1

pwhoever

Don, there you go mentioning that evil 4 letter word, WORK. Gives me the chills...

But for the fourth, I will be going out for a nice steak dinner tonight with my lovely bride and tomorrow, going out to Ronni's aunt's place for a family gathering and the Lombard fireworks show. Last year my little guy fell asleep before the show and had to come home early. He is 2 now and this will be his first fireworks show...

• Like 6

OnaWingandaPrayer

....... I would like to install the Windbender  windshield .  ..........

I  hope all ya'll have a great weekend celebrating the birth of our country .  

So today , I was able to switch out the CeeBailey windshield and install the 2 piece Windbender . For now I have the short adjustable top shield in place . I can see over it . I do notice distortion when looking thru the upper edge of this shield. I wonder if all there optical quality is this way or do I have a rare deformation ?  If the weather holds a ride is in order tomorrow . The flag stand will proudly display the Stars n Stripes .

• Like 1

Snorebabe

I'm cooking and Doug is working...he just said, working at work, working in the yard, working on the trailer....working on getting the hell out of town.   Poor baby....he's just working too hard.

• Like 3

OnaWingandaPrayer

...........he just said, working at work, working in the yard, working on the trailer....working on getting the hell out of town.  ..............

I understand this work thing before a vacation . I often wonder , does it ever end .

• Like 1

brianinpa

And you tell us now and didn't invite us 2 days ago to join you..................

Sigh.......

Well, if it is any help, I cut my plans short by one day because of rain tomorrow. You probably wouldn't have enjoyed it... then again, you probably would have.

• Like 1

jobe05

Rain or shine I would have definitely enjoyed it........ 

• Like 1

yooperfan

I started a 17 day vacation today (sunday) at 6 AM.   MrsY fired up the grill for BBQ chicken.  Later, we took Lil-Y with us to the Grundy county fair to watch fireworks and eat carnival food.  The fireworks were ok, then the finally came.  It was so bright that I had to shield my eyes, squinting wasn't enough.  They lasted 20 minutes and then we spent an hour waiting for traffic to move in the parking lot.  MrsY  played Jeff Foxworty on her IPad and she claimed I slept through some of it.

• Like 2

Halfling

My son came over this morning and we worked on several things (mower, chain saw, weed eater). Cut down the badly damaged peach tree, actually, we left the stump and some stubby branches up about 6 foot tall. Nancy and I will be mounting colorful birdhouses to it!

I threw a few steaks on the grill and we had a mid-day feast! Happy 4th!!!

:jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Parman

Finished the trouble job after working for 42 hrs. Got a short nap today and managed to get 3 hours of throttle therapy this afternoon.

• Like 4

Flyone

Finished the trouble job after working for 42 hrs. Got a short nap today and managed to get 3 hours of throttle therapy this afternoon.

Wow! I was home all day and never got the Wing out of the garage.....way to go!

• Like 1

Parman

I really needed it to unwind. My wing takes me to my happy place.

That was 42 hrs over three days Sat - Mon. Not straight thru.

Flyone

I really needed it to unwind. My wing takes me to my happy place.

That was 42 hrs over three days Sat - Mon. Not straight thru.

Yee Haw!!!!!! That sounds like fun.............NOT!!!!!

• Like 1

jobe05

I got the trike and the "01 out today!!.................  Well...............  Backed out so I could get the "01 out to wash it up so I can get pictures so I can list it for sale.......

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,