Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Halfling

North Woods Campout Jul 22-24, 2016 (Motocampers.com)

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

This is a cross posting from the motocampers.com site because we have a lot of members on both sites.

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/showthread.php?10729-North-Woods-Campout-Jul-22-24

The following information is a quote from "Senior" on the motocampers.com forum

North Woods Campout Jul 22-24 

The sixth annual North Woods Campout will be held on July 22-24 2016 at Cycle –Moore campground. http://www.cycle-moore.com/

I will be your host again this year for the event. Last years event turned out great. We had lots of campers from all around the United States and Canada. As with the past events I hope we can drawn many campers from near and far to keep this event going for many years.

I think the pot luck last year worked out well and would like to do the same this year on Saturday night.

I have taken care of the booking of the campground and will only need you to RSVP here when Rick gets the link up so that I can keep track of the head count.

Remember its never to far to ride for all you can eat FREE ICE CREAM! thumb.gif

RSVP

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Judy, Lorne and I will be leaving our area on Thursday morning, crossing at the Sombra/Marine City ferry to head up to Cycle-Moore.  -  https://goo.gl/maps/q9JjnBmR8T42

Always a great time with very good riding in the immediate area!   :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

yooperfan

I got all excited when I saw a camping ride to the northwoods, thinking it was in northern Wisconsin or better yet, the U.P. of Michigan.  Wrong, it's in lower Michigan.  It starts on the first day of my second vacation in July.  MrsY might kill me if I go on the northwoods trip.  I'm in the U.P. now to ride my ATV and will be home next week for one day before heading to Missouri with MrsY and lil-Y for a few days.  I will get back to work for a few days before starting another ATV riding vacation in August in the U.P.  I haven't made plans yet for my Labor day or X-mas vacations.  After the Missouri, trip, MrsY might be ready to kill me anyway or be ready and willing to send me to the northwoods trip.  I better get my new tires ordered and mounted quick so I'm ready, just in case.  If I go, of course I'll take the scenic ride home, through the U.P..

• Like 1

yooperfan

I talked to MrsY  a bit ago about going to the north woods campout and she didn't actually say NO WAY.  In my book, that's practically a YES.  So, it's still a definite maybe.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

You did emphasis the fact that there is free, all you can eat Ice Cream, right!!    ;)   :D

thecruiser

John,

I didn't know that you were hosting the Northwoods Camp out this year... nor last year for that matter. Is Nancy coming up with you?

Are you going to try to make the trip all in one day or stop somewhere on the way up?

Larry

Halfling

John,

I didn't know that you were hosting the Northwoods Camp out this year... nor last year for that matter. Is Nancy coming up with you?

Are you going to try to make the trip all in one day or stop somewhere on the way up?

Larry

Not me Larry, that is a repost from the motocampers.com site. We're not going.

thecruiser

I get it,... thought your post was written in the First Person.

Halfling

No worries Larry, I can see how my wording was confusing, I modified the first post to make it a bit clearer.

thecruiser

No worries Larry, I can see how my wording was confusing, I modified the first post to make it a bit clearer.

I'm probably the only one that didn't get it the first time around, John. LOL

Kar650

Leaving the 21st after work,gonna camp at Warren Dunes State Park. Finnish on Friday should be there early afternoon.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Leaving the 21st after work,gonna camp at Warren Dunes State Park. Finnish on Friday should be there early afternoon.

You coming up US 31 once you break camp, Ken??

Kar650

Yes don't care for US 131 that much just take it easy and enjoy the ride.

yooperfan

Not me Larry, that is a repost from the motocampers.com site. We're not going.

Awe, I figured if you went, I would know at least one person there. 

• Like 1

Kar650

Think I met you before, just 30 miles north of you.

Kar650

If you go you will meet at least 25 new friends, good food and free Ice Cream. And when you get home someone will ask you ( What did you do last weekend ) And you can tell them I went camping with a bunch of guys I meet on the internet.  

yooperfan

I've done that before, at last year's BRP M&G and the Illinois M&G, which is where we must have met.  Sadly, that M&G was a quick trip and I don't remember much, but I did know at least 7 people there, which was nice.

• Like 1

Flyone

Judy, Lorne and I will be leaving our area on Thursday morning, crossing at the Sombra/Marine City ferry to head up to Cycle-Moore.  -  https://goo.gl/maps/q9JjnBmR8T42

Always a great time with very good riding in the immediate area!   :thumbs-up:

Nice looking ride Ken! I bet the ride across the ferry is beautiful!

Dusty Boots

Besides being beautiful, (they don't call it Blue Water for nothing! ;)  ) it is also a lot quicker/cheaper/less congested than either of the two (soon to be three) bridges/border crossings between South West ON and MI, Bill!   :thumbs-up:

27682588194_eb4838e435_c.jpg

27060981133_a365a06150_c.jpg

27682587904_bc780b6475_c.jpg

22754961889_cd5a4cc916_c.jpg

Parman

Where is this located Ken? I never knew about a ferry crossing between US and Canada.

Dusty Boots

Actually Don, there are 2.

There is the Algonac-Walpole Ferry, (I have yet to use this one) that is closer to Detroit, crossing over from Algonac, MI to Walpole Island, ON  - https://goo.gl/maps/Fcyz7qgxEzP2

The Bluewater Ferry that I use, is a little closer to Sarnia, ON/Port Huron, MI runs between Marine City, MI to Sombra, ON.  -   https://goo.gl/maps/QEUboYrGAr32

Parman

Thanks Ken

I'll have to keep that in mind. Different adventure than the tunnel or bridge.

Dusty Boots

Bikes are not allowed through the Tunnel, Don.

Here's some more shots from the larger of the 2 Ferries that cross at Sombra/Marine City that I took today, as I had to go pick up a package at my US shipping address in Marine City.

(Foot Passenger rate, round trip is $3 CAN)

post-3978-0-31103400-1468533556_thumb.jpg   post-3978-0-31865500-1468533568_thumb.jpg   post-3978-0-20893300-1468533587_thumb.jpg   post-3978-0-74696400-1468533618_thumb.jpg   post-3978-0-76007400-1468533636_thumb.jpg   post-3978-0-35810000-1468533651_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Kar650

Need to work on getting my passport. 

• Like 1

yooperfan

I ended up at the Wisconsin Dells with the family over part of the weekend and beyond, so riding the wing to the northwoods campout took a back seat.

• Like 1