Sign in to follow this  
AZgl1800

Mid West Meet & Greet 12, Eureka Springs, AR, Sep 2-5, 2016

24 posts in this topic Last Reply

AZgl1800

It is once again time to mark your calendars for our annual funfest known as the Mid West Meet & Greet (AKA ES12). The host motel will be the Motel 62 which has been our base camp for several years. Andy, "Lopeha" has been in contact with the new owners & have negotiated some pretty good rates. They have also been making improvements so our stay there should be outstanding. Andy & I will be utilizing the same basic schedule as previous years in that Andy & I will be cooking burgers on Friday night ($6 each) & we will go to the Forest Hill Restaurant on Saturday (pay as you go). They have an excellent buffet! We will also be having our annual auction on Saturday night so start getting the items together. Andy is working on design ideas for this years t-shirts & pins & will welcome any suggestions.
The rates for this year will be; $69.99 plus tax for 2 queen beds, $74.99 plus tax for the basic king room & $94.99 plus tax for the jacuzzi room. The management & I ask that you make reservations as soon as possible. They are holding 25 rooms for us & I hope to need more!

Contact Info for the Motel 62 is;

Motel 62
3169 East Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR 72632
479-253-5600

For any that want to camp here's that info;

Kettle Campground
4119 East Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR 72632
1-479-253-9100
kettleinfo@cox.net

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

EDIT:  Normally Andy would have posted this himself, but as he is OTR pushing a truck down the road from Sunday AM thru Saturday AM ( at times ), I  will put it up.

Andy and I put on the feed bucket in the evenings as mentioned.  Great restaurants in the area also.

Goldwings 4 Ever

John, that phone number is wrong.  It takes you to their other hotel..  Motel 62 is 479-253-5600.  You only needed the other number if you were booking prior to March 1.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

John, that phone number is wrong.  It takes you to their other hotel..  Motel 62 is 479-253-5600.  You only needed the other number if you were booking prior to March 1.

Thanks,

my data is old, but Evernote never forgets, unlike me :)

I changed it to 479-253-5600

lopeha

I stayed there last night & had a meeting with the manager this morning.  The previous owner had let it get run down & the current folks have been working on it since last Fall.  The room I stayed in was clean & had a fresh coat of paint.  They will continue to make improvements.  Rates will be $69.99 + tax for Double Queen or Single King and $89.99 + tax for the King/Jacuzzi Suites.  They have 10 more rooms blocked out for us & will add more as needed.  If you're planning or even considering going please go ahead & make a reservation.  A 48 hour notice to cancel is required if need be.  Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

• Like 2

lopeha

For those that are attending I will be having T-shirts & pins made to commemerate the event.  I will also be cooking hamburgers with the trimmings on Friday night.  The prices will be as follows;

Pins & the Friday meal will be $6 each.  The T-shirts will be S-XL  $13 without & $15 with pocket, XXL & up will be $15 without & $17 with pocket.  I am asking to be allowed to keep the design under wraps as it has a special theme.  Let me know on this thread what your order wants are & I will PM you with payment instructions.  Thanks, Andy!

• Like 3

Goldwings 4 Ever

Andy, I would like 1 meal

T-Shirts - 3X no pocket and 2X with pocket

Thanks,

lopeha

Got it & Thanks Bob!

Hawggy

Andy  we would like 2 meals

T shirts:  1 small no pocket and 1 XL with pocket

Bob and Deb.

Can we pay you when we get there?

• Like 1

lopeha

Got it and yes you can Bob

• Like 1

Hawggy

Got it and yes you can Bob

Thanks Andy. Sent you a PM about another matter.

• Like 1

lopeha

Just talked to Motel 62. They only have 2 Queens & 1 King room left. If you haven't made reservations you better hurry! Say you're with the Labor Day Goldwing group to get the discount

• Like 2

tmdriverwannabe

Reserved a room this morning, be good to see everyone again!!

• Like 4

Hawggy

I f anyone is ordering and getting free shipping from Cyclemax and coming to ES on Labour day. I could use 1 each of the US and Canadian Flags B4-240 CN and B4-240 US ( 6.00 ea. )  I can pay you for the items at the rally. My flags are worn out and I have a set here to replace them, but I like to keep an extra set on hand.  I don't want to pay shipping of just flags.. Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

lopeha

Bob, I'll be ordering some stuff this weekend & will add your flags.  CYA in a month!

• Like 2

Hawggy

Bob, I'll be ordering some stuff this weekend & will add your flags.  CYA in a month!

Thanks Andy. We really appreciate that.

Hawggy

Got the trailer out today and checked bearings and tire pressure. Hooked up to Bike ..all lights working. Checked long range weather from K town down to ES. Going through Indianna to Branson Mo.then to ES. Weather looks awesome for trip down and while there over Labour Day weekend. Hugs and I looking so forward to this trip. :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

• Like 1

beenshot

:BigFatCry:  :BigFatCry:  :BigFatCry:  :BigFatCry: I can't make it!!!!!! :sad-face: gotta work all weekend, no holiday for me this year :sad-face:

Y'all have a lot of fun and post some pictures.

AZgl1800

Fire your job, ES is more important :agreed-with-sign:

• Like 2

DaveO430

:BigFatCry:  :BigFatCry:  :BigFatCry:  :BigFatCry: I can't make it!!!!!! :sad-face: gotta work all weekend, no holiday for me this year :sad-face:

Y'all have a lot of fun and post some pictures.

OH NO, say it ain't so. Who's going to set up all night ?

AZgl1800

I just checked the Wx and it looks like a go for Fri, Sat, Sun

I have to get back home on Sunday, not sure what time yet, our son is flying in from Atlanta to see his mom...

she got scared yesterday and asked me to have him come home..... and now today, she is saying she wished she didn't....

go figure..... but, she is End Stage Renal disease, so it is not IF, but just when.

Flyone

You guys and gals be safe down there.

Really sorry I'm going to miss this. This is the first Labor Day weekend in 11 years that I haven't been in ES.

• Like 1

DaveO430

You guys and gals be safe down there.

Really sorry I'm going to miss this. This is the first Labor Day weekend in 11 years that I haven't been in ES.

Sure wish you could have made it, we had the usual great time.

• Like 1

AZgl1800
Prayers for Lopeha - Andy Williams
he just sent me a text, he is being admitted to Little Rock, VA for irregular heart beat. tango_face_crying.png

Pam is with him now.

Flyone

Prayers for Lopeha - Andy Williams

he just sent me a text, he is being admitted to Little Rock, VA for irregular heart beat. tango_face_crying.png

Pam is with him now.

Prayers coming from Georgia......