Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Pearl Rider

need a zipper

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Pearl Rider

ok I need some help finding the right size zipper that is used on a bunkhouse camper. I want to make an awning (like you got john). On a bunkhouse there is a zipper at the top where you add the extra room. sometimes I don't need the whole

room just a little shelter over the front door. hince this is where I need a zipper or really only half of it. I can sew it to a heavy duty tarp and have what I need for little cost but I am not sure how the zipper size numbers work... is a #2 larger or smaller than #10.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

jobe05

I know about as much of zippers as I do brain surgery...........  I can do it, but you gonna die.......

I looked at zippers at first (on EBay), but I too, could not decipher size.  If you have a tailor, canvas shop or something like that somewhere nearby, I would take the trailer to them and see if they can identify the size you need.  There is a lady that does a lot of canvas work that sets up at the Cook Flea Market in Winston.  She is really good and I have used her a couple of times.  I wish I could be of more help, but Aspen fortunately puts a velcro strip on the trailer side, so all I had to do was sew on another velcro strip on the tarp side and I was set.

I wonder if you couldn't order a few different size zippers that you "Think" would work in really short sizes (so you don't spend a whole lot), then when you match it up, order the lengths you need in the right size........??  Just a suggestion as IM not sure if there is a standard size sipper for this type of thing.   Or you could call the Manufacturer of your trailer and see if they know what the size might be.

Dusty Boots

Why not contact Bunkhouse with details of year/model of your camper and ask them?

DougW

If bunkhouse can't help you go to a local sewing store, take the camper with you and they should have a selection of Zippers there that you can use to find the proper size and the sewing store should be able to order the length you need.

Pearl Rider

I thought about calling bunkhouse but from what I understand bunkhouse sub contracts the material work to the Amish folks. it might be worth a phone call though. Thanks for the help guys I will figure out something . My wife does a lot of business at Joanns maybe she can find out something from those ladies there

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,