Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeytrucker

Bless her heart

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

The Bride, Estella, walked outside today while the LP gas truck was here and while chatting with us she said "I wish we could go camping"  while she was standing there wearing one of my old 5X jackets with her arm inside of it in the sling with the big pillow thing holding it stationary.  It was PT day and she has complained more about pain.  Says she is getting sharp shooting pains in the upper arm.  Another 6-8 weeks in the sling and then 4-5 months of rehab after that.  She is still looking forward to the Blue Ridge event.  Dang, I think John might have charmed her....

:puzzled-smiley-emoticon:

jobe05

I have been itching to get mine out and open it up......  Every time I think about doing it, the weather goes bad again for a few days....

Pretty soon though, Pretty soon!!

yooperfan

John, being from the south, what do you consider bad weather, under 50*?    I rode home from work when it was 24*, after a co-worker gave me a jumpstart.

jobe05

Bad meaning wet......  I don't want to open it up if it can get wet.

As far as riding goes.  I won't ride it it gets below 45 here.  When you get onto some of the back roads, in the little valleys, it can be damp, and frozen, meaning black ice.  We see it a lot, so 45 degrees is my cut off.  Although 65 to 75 is my preferred,............ 

Monkeytrucker

Estella is getting antsy about going camping.  Her home help gal comes on Tuesday and Thursday so Estella does not want to cut her income.  Trying to talk her into maybe scheduling the lady to a Friday.  As mother nature likes to show us she is in command she has been scheduling bad weather for the weekends.

Her PT people say "Go Camping" but they also say "no motorcycle".   She has been able to get rid of the sling and they have promised her the exercises are going to get more strenuous.  However today she was in her Hostas garden with a handle less leaf rake using her good hand to get all of the gum tree balls and leaf matter out of the big 20' x60' garden.  I guess as long as she only uses her good arm....

Happy St. Patrick's day to all.

jobe05

Good to hear that Estella is coming along fine. Maybe when she rides she can use the sling as a safety net of sorts to keep in one place and not be tempted to use it.

Monkeytrucker

A old farmer's tale/curse is if it rains on Easter Sunday it will rain the next 7 Sundays.  It is supposed to rain on Sunday.... 

The PT people are not wanting to tell her she can sit on the back of the wing.  The MD will have to make that call.  Sure would be nice if she could.  We want to go down to the Land Between the Lakes (between Kentucky lake and Lake Barkley).  With our senior pass we can stay really cheap in a full electric site close to a john and shower.  A little over 100 miles to get there and the same on the return.  Maybe if the weather is good for a Friday till Sunday we could pull the camper behind the Fiat.  We just want to get back out.