Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Dennis Smith

Looking for a site to buy a replacement mattress for 2002 Aspen Classic

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dennis Smith

Trips and I picked up a 2002 Aspen classic this past fall but it did not come with a mattress. I have looked online without any luck locating a site to buy a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions? Trailermaster does not list them, but I have not called them either. 

Thanks for any tips,

Baggage

jobe05

You can contact TrailMaster and get a new set, they really aren't that expensive them self, but shipping is a killer.

I would suggest getting a 2" king size memory foam topper at Walmart, cut it in half (and you'll have to cut a couple inches off the length as well).

We had an old quilt that I cut in half, and a sheet that I cut in half to make a mattress cover for them.  THat way I can take the off the memory foam and wash them after use.  Price wise, this may be cheaper, but I know it will be a lot more comfortable.

Dusty Boots

If either one of you are a side sleeper than you'll want a high density piece of foam that is 2 1/2" - 3" thick, or else your shoulders and hips will become sore from bottoming out and you'll have a crummy night's sleep!

I supplement the pads in my Sentry with my Exped Synmat 9 Pump Deluxe, inflated slightly to prevent that from happening when I sleep!

11174966_10153747059425555_4513328011876

• Like 1

pwhoever

I know these were for sale on another forum several months ago. You might try contacting him to see if they are still available. And if you are not a member there, you might consider joining. Lots of useful info available there.

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/showthread.php?10461-Org-Bed-Mats-For-Aspen-Classic

Halfling

If either one of you are a side sleeper than you'll want a high density piece of foam that is 2 1/2" - 3" thick, or else your shoulders and hips will become sore from bottoming out and you'll have a crummy night's sleep!

I supplement the pads in my Sentry with my Exped Synmat 9 Pump Deluxe, inflated slightly to prevent that from happening when I sleep

I do the exact same thing Ken!

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

I do believe that you can go to even Walmart and purchase high density mattresses in 3 or 4" thickness.  2 twins would match the Classic bed.  We purchased a 1.5" gel foam king sized pad and split it down the middle.  The main thing to do to it is sew up a case for each half from a cloth such as a sheet.  That stops any tearing them while moving them around.  They are placed on top of the foam mattress that comes with the camper. 

We also place a artic rated sleeping bag spread out over the top of the gel foam pads.  That makes a great bed for us old people.  To haul them we simply lay them on top of the folded down tent and put the cross straps over them.  They actually take the tonneau cover flap out of it going down the road.