Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Buckfarrack

4th Annual (NAGF) ILLINOIS Meet & Greet Sept. 16th,17th and 18th, 2016

282 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mysticfour

Its close enough that iI really want to be there, most likely will be in car and show up for the day.

Looking forward to making a few new friends

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Truely understand John. Same here, my schedule has been so darn busy i'm about to give up. Gotta make to the end of August then i'm going to slow my butt down and start enjoying my retirement WAY more. Mysticfour, one day meet up is great too, hope you have time to stop by to meet and put a hand shake on ya buddy.

Down south right now. I will check back in here the closer we get,and update. Thanks and can't wait.

Monkeytrucker

my wife says the camping bit is long past for us, It is only an hour and 15 mins from me so  the drive won't be that bad so maybe I can get there early and leave late eve.

Hope to meet a few people from the forums that has helped me out with my bike.

I need to check my charging system, had it running earlier and could not get it above 12.8 when reved

Camping days are gone????  Estella and I are in our 70s and look forward to roughing it in the Aspen Classic with the king sized bed, A/C or electric heat.  Tee Hee.  However you can do it be sure and show up to this great event.

roscoepc

I need to check my charging system, had it running earlier and could not get it above 12.8 when reved

Pardon me but I couldn't help noticing this part of your post! If you need a method of testing the stator I'll post it for you in another thread. And if it turns out you need a regulator I highly recommend http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/ as they carry the OEM Shindengen regulator which is the best regulator you can use IMHO! Let me know what you need! And pardon me but your profile shows the bike as a 1983 GL1200?? Was the bike titled in '83??

Now Back to our regularly scheduled Thread!! ;)

• Like 1

Mysticfour

lol, wondered who would catch that, yes the bike is an 83, the engine is an 84 1200 that I installed this year

Mysticfour

I have been a member of Steve Saunders forum for a few years now, Jobe pointed me to here

Monkeytrucker

Hard to believe that the IL M&G is just a touch over 3 months away.  Buck had better start rustling piggies so he will have enough ribs to turn into one fine feast.  Four years and it gets better every year.  It is all your fault Jack....

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

Hard to believe that the IL M&G is just a touch over 3 months away.  Buck had better start rustling piggies so he will have enough ribs to turn into one fine feast.  Four years and it gets better every year.  It is all your fault Jack....

Hey Mr. Gary,  Someone once said  "It takes two to tango".  I believe that you & Jack are the perpetrators  & EVERYBODY else are the innocent victims, & that victims list just keeps growing   :SmileyTooth:

• Like 2

beenshot

This new earlier date should make for a lot better event. unfortunately it is not a good time for me. I know everyone will have a great time and I will be with y'all in spirit.

Halfling

This new earlier date should make for a lot better event. unfortunately it is not a good time for me. I know everyone will have a great time and I will be with y'all in spirit.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!  :sad-face:

beenshot

WHAT!?!?!?!?!  :sad-face:

Rice harvest will start around labor day and run till early October. When this event was in October, I had a chance. I actually made 2 out of 3 but I have a near zero chance with the new dates.

But.......The new dates will be a much better chance of some decent weather for those that can attend and all of us that have been in attendance in the past can surely appreciate that.

Halfling

Site #14 is booked for Thursday through Saturday (3 nights). Room for one more setup if anyone wants to share....

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I'm going to be all out of gas, internally, and for the bike when this comes on.

Will be returning from the Eureka Springs, Ar event which is always Labor Day weekend.

And, this year, being a marathon for me, I will have attended 4 rallys this summer....

Hope you guys can make it without me :Face-Crying:

• Like 2

Parman

I totally understand John. It's hard making every event. I tried doing it one year. Logged 26,000 miles that year.That's why its nice to have several events spread out so people can at least make a couple of them throughout the season.

• Like 1

Kar650

If I can make it be there on Saturday. Weekend before going with my neighbor (doesn't camp) to the Allegheny  Mountains in Pennsylvania for long weekend.   

• Like 2

Halfling

OK, I need some help here. Nancy and I will be making the campout but we will be taking some extra time getting home to TN. Here's the details as I know them, let me know if anyone has any "ideas"

• Leaving Clinton Lake on Sunday morning the 18th (flexible)
  • I have to drop Nancy off in Ft. Wayne IN on Thursday morning the 22nd (firm) so we have 3 days to burn
  • I then can go just about anywhere I want as long as I'm back in Ft. Wayne to pick her up on Sunday Morning the 25th so I have 3 more days to burn solo
  • From there we will most likely head home to TN (flexible)
  • Note: I'll have the Aspen Camper....

How about it folks, any ideas??? B)

• Like 2

Parman

Should be able to make Ft Wayne in one long day or 2 shorter days. Probably 2 days as its about 600 miles depending on your route. Can you drop here off sooner? If so I have an idea depending on weather,

Halfling

Should be able to make Ft Wayne in one long day or 2 shorter days. Can you drop here off sooner? If so I have an idea depending on weather,

Can't drop her any earlier than Thursday morning, she's meeting two of her sisters who are both flying in then, although, let me check that to be sure.

Parman

Michigan sure is pretty in late Sep and early Oct.

jobe05

You would have time to run up to the Mac Bridge wouldn't you?

A bit of a chance going north at time, but it sure is pretty and worth the trip.

Parman
Dusty Boots

I usually attend the free Cycle Moore Birthday Bash every year, which is held the last full weekend of Sept every year at Cycle Moore's campground, just west of Interlochen, MI.

END OF SEPTEMBER ....THIS YEARS DATE THE 25, 26, 27 ....The CYCLE-MOORE SHOP BIRTHDAY PARTY  .... FREE WEEKEND WITH CAMPING ....FREE ICE CREAM,  COFFEE, POPCORN ... POTLUCK DINNER SATURDAY ...TOYS FOR TOTS ROAD RUN AT NOON SATURDAY  .... LIVE MUSIC SATURDAY 8 TIL MIDNIGHT  ...WHY SO LATE IN THE SEASON YOU ASK? .... BECAUSE THAT IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT CYCLE-MOORE OPENED IN 1975 .... DOOR PRIZES

Even if you can't attend that, the campground is a great spot to rest up a couple of days and ride the scenic coasts in the area and it only costs $8/person/night. Steve and Shirley (owners) are super people!! 

Although it can cool down at night, the days are usually sunny and temps are usually in the 70s!!

Here's a few shots of a ride I did up the Old Mission Peninsula, just north of Traverse City  -  https://www.flickr.com/photos/dusty-boots/sets/72157661102089312/

Parman

+1  Old Mission Peninsula is a great ride. I took Jobe up there last year.

thecruiser

OK, I need some help here. Nancy and I will be making the campout but we will be taking some extra time getting home to TN. Here's the details as I know them, let me know if anyone has any "ideas"

• Leaving Clinton Lake on Sunday morning the 18th (flexible)
  • I have to drop Nancy off in Ft. Wayne IN on Thursday morning the 22nd (firm) so we have 3 days to burn
  • I then can go just about anywhere I want as long as I'm back in Ft. Wayne to pick her up on Sunday Morning the 25th so I have 3 more days to burn solo
  • From there we will most likely head home to TN (flexible)
  • Note: I'll have the Aspen Camper....

How about it folks, any ideas??? B)

As you know John, we're only about 3 hrs Nawwth of Ft Wayne. Your welcome to use our place as a jumping-off point for a 3-day excursion through Michigan. We of course have a B&B OR a camping spot for ya. (always available)

• Like 2

Vito

I just reserverd site #15. I might need some help backing in, since I haven't yet mastered that skill. I'll probably have my wife drive our vehicle and I'll lead or follow on the Goldwing. Are the roads and sites paved? I'm not sure I would yet be comfortable riding the Goldwing on gravel or dirt. 

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,