Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Dusty Boots

4th Annual North West PA Camp Out

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dusty Boots

I posted this on another forum in which quite a few of the members here are a member of, but thought I would repost it here for those who aren't and who might interested in attending

What:  -   4th annual Western PA camp out    :

When:  -  September 9th -11th, 2016    

Where:  -  Loleta Campground, Allegheny National Forest   

- About 6 miles south of Marienville PA on Loleta RD

Google Maps Location:  -https://goo.gl/maps/dAL7N3itn2H2    -    GPS Coordinates:  -  41.399648, -79.082090

Campground Info:  -  http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/allegheny/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=6103&actid=29 and  -                                                      http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/eastern/allcmp.htm#loleta

Here's a review I did on the campground  - http://www.motocampers.com/forums/showthread.php?5839-Loleta-Campground-Allegheny-National-Forest

This will be the 4th Western PA camp out (3rd at Loleta Campground) in the Allegheny National Forest. 
This is a very casual event where all you have to do is show up and  have fun  ... that's it. 

This is an open invite, no "schedule of events," no leaders, no cost aside from your campsite type event. 

This area host lots of interesting things to do; Kinzua Bridge park is nearby and definitely worth the trip, scenic routes around the Allegheny Resevoir and Kinzua dam, the 'Devil's Highway' (Route 666) and dirt roads abound in the forest for those looking for some more adventurous riding, as well of course just some good camping/comraderie.

Note:  -   There are only two paved routes to Loleta Rec Area !

The main one leads south out of Marienville - turn south on South Forest St (which turns into Loleta Rd)  -  http://goo.gl/maps/oh812

The other leads west out of Ridgway. Head west on West Main St and stay on/follow it over to Loleta Rec Area  -  https://goo.gl/maps/11zXEheqSXv

ALL other routes to Loleta are GRAVEL, or DIRT !  -  For your own safety use either one of the 2 paved ones!!

Hope to get another good crowd again this year, see you 'round the campfire!

We usually have 3 - 4  members on a site to reduce individual costs and to promote friendship/comraderies. We are allowed a max of 8 people/site and an unlimited number of bikes.
The vast majority of us use the electric sites, which are on the west side of the main road to the Rec Area.

If you have a National Parks Senior Access card, then you pay 1/2 price of the basic campsite fee! (If you qualify for one, but don't have one, you can purchase one ($10) at the nearby ranger station in Marienville)

15484142261_cd73886851_z.jpg

15464176336_7938007b6b_z.jpg

15300377359_6ba822dea0_z.jpg

15300574620_0f25c4911e_z.jpg

This is a very unstructered event, where you are responsible for your own meals etc (there are a couple of restaurants a few miles away in Marienville) and no planned group rides, although people get together and ride to different local destinations/attractions

All riders of what ever make of bikes are welcome!

So grab your tent/camper and come to this fun event!    :thumbs-up: 

Dusty

• Like 1

jobe05

Would love to attend this event some year.  The camp grounds and surrounding areas look fantastic........

Is there a nice 4 lane highway that would take me directly there?   :roflmao:

Steed

I was thinking you could get pretty close John, maybe 30 miles of 2-lane before you hit any minor secondary road off of 36N.  But Ken is just too fast with the paste and cut maps...

Dusty Boots

Come on up,Terry.

Not too far from your place and I know you camp!   ;)

Not a strictly Goldwing event  ...  all kinds of makes of bikes

Steed

I'm following the thread, Sept is just too far to set it in stone yet.  I would like to do the Meadows bike camp though. 

Can't believe I've hunted the area and ridden past it for years, just never stopped in to look around.  We always had to get a permit from the ranger station in Marienville, to cut firewood in the National Forest for deer season...

• Like 1

thecruiser

Hmmm, I'll be followin' this thread also.

I've never ridden my sickle in Pa.

DougW

Hmmm, I'll be followin' this thread also.

I've never ridden my sickle in Pa.

O heavens, if you have never riddden in PA, particularly in that area, you are missing some really fine riding.

• Like 1

Steed

Getting close folks anyone else making the trip ???

Dusty Boots

I'll be there. There are a number of others from another forum coming as well, Terry

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

Currently there are 12 confirmed to come to this event off of Motocampers.com, Terry. All makes n models of bikes and camping equipment!  ;)

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Was great to see you again and catch up, Terry!   :thumbs-up:

I had my usual great time and I hope you get things sorted out so you can get away to more of these types of events!   :) 

Dusty 

• Like 1

Steed

Good to see you also Ken, I had a great time.  Don't mind the rain so long as I'm sleeping.  Been trying to post on Motocampers.com and not having any joy.  Sent Mellow a pm to try and get it sorted. Enjoy the rest of your journey...

post-5385-0-98307600-1473779046_thumb.pngpost-5385-0-89246600-1473779025_thumb.pngpost-5385-0-42217400-1473779081_thumb.pngpost-5385-0-03628600-1473779133_thumb.png

• Like 2

Steed

Ok, Ok...  I'm stumbling around in my cave but I still read the forums.  Come on up John, we have foot-hills instead of mountains but plenty of good roads for riding.