Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
pwhoever

Just saw new setup video by Brady over on motorcampers...

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

pwhoever

There is a new setup video posted by Brady on youtube the was shared on the motorcampers site. It is pretty good and gave me a better idea on the setup and takedown of the Aspen Classic.

There were a couple of things that stood out for me.

One was that there were 3 support poles across the roof instead of 2. Is that something new because mine and most of the others I have seen only have 2. I would consider getting the third if that was a possibility.

Another thing was the pole for the rear window awning got stowed underneath with the rear foldout base. Is there special clips or a holder that needs to be added or does it just fit in between the fold out base?

I also noticed that the front doors get folded up prior to opening up the tent. I really like that and it really makes a lot of sense.

I also liked the tear down on how to get everything folded up neatly. It made things very clear to get it properly done.

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

We and some others simply store the bows between the mattress halves.  Do not have to lift the door to set up that way.

This video is definitely an improvement.

Parman

Mike the older models didn't have the third pole. They just started selling the third pole in the last year or so.

Dusty Boots

There is a new setup video posted by Brady on youtube the was shared on the motorcampers site. It is pretty good and gave me a better idea on the setup and takedown of the Aspen Classic.

There were a couple of things that stood out for me.

One was that there were 3 support poles across the roof instead of 2. Is that something new because mine and most of the others I have seen only have 2. I would consider getting the third if that was a possibility.

I also liked the tear down on how to get everything folded up neatly. It made things very clear to get it properly done.

Mike, you can make your own out of a length of 1/2" Schedule 40 PVC pipe and a couple of Ts cut down to fit!

22030076810_0fba62f3ff_z.jpg

22030378538_aa95f4f181_z.jpg

22205360822_1c11da5c0f_z.jpg

22192045106_e184c52891_z.jpg

Dusty

jobe05

Brady said they sell the third pole for $20.  I can get the chrome covered poles and make my own, but they cost me $24 to just buy the pole.  If I had known Brady could sell them for $20, I would have just bought his.

I too store the poles between the mattress pads, saves a lot of time when needing them during set up.

I never think of tying the front door up till the tent is up.....  doable, but easier to do if I can remember to do it before setting it up

pwhoever

Mike, you can make your own out of a length of 1/2" Schedule 40 PVC pipe and a couple of Ts cut down to fit!

22030076810_0fba62f3ff_z.jpg

22030378538_aa95f4f181_z.jpg

22205360822_1c11da5c0f_z.jpg

22192045106_e184c52891_z.jpg

Dusty

Me likee. Of course you are going to share the dimensions...

Otherwise I have no choice but to buy the actual 3rd pole but if I do, I will probably replace both of the rear jack stands with the newer shorter ones...

• Like 1

pwhoever

Since Brady has been very accommodating to our group, I fired off pm to him as I am interested in a few other items as well. El Paso isnt really that far but I know that he can also have most of the items sent up to Wood Dale but either spot would be a short journey. However, either might save a few bucks in traveling and might be worth it. Just got to wait and see what is said..

Dusty Boots

Me likee. Of course you are going to share the dimensions...

Otherwise I have no choice but to buy the actual 3rd pole but if I do, I will probably replace both of the rear jack stands with the newer shorter ones...

Mike ...... be aware that I own a Sentry, so with the Sentry being smaller, the Classic would have a different dimension, making my dimensions incorrect, so keep that in mind!!

post-3978-0-11759300-1445074632_thumb.jpg

As far as new stabilizer jacks go, etrailer.com sells some 11 1/2" ones for $17.95 and their shipping rates are very reasonable.

I use one on the front of my cargo trailer.   

post-3978-0-40017800-1445078777_thumb.jpg

pwhoever

I forgot that you had the sentry. The mind gets a little hazy after an evening of consuming alcoholic beverages. I really shouldnt be posting in threads in those situations. Lol...

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

:puzzled-smiley-emoticon:    Nothing worse than an inebriated Mounted Police Officer let loose on a keyboard!     :roflmao:

• Like 1

Parman

At least he didn't fall off his horse Ken.

• Like 1

pwhoever

The first step is to admit you have a problem...

Problem is, Im doing it TONITE!!! Wooohoooo!!!

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,