Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Halfling

NASSIR 9 - Sioux Falls, SD - July 12-14, 2016

48 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

NASSIR 9 (North American Steve Saunders International Rally) is being held July 12 - 14, 2016 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and is 3 days long for anyone interested. It is also posted in the event calendar!

It is a Steve Saunders event in the goldwingfacts.com forum but I'm sure a lot of the members of both forums will be attending! Additional information and sign ups can be found here...

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/13-nassir-meet-n-greet-forum/584425-nassir-9-sioux-falls-sd-july-12-14-2016-a.html

jobe05

So far, it does not look like I'll be attending this one..... We'll see as the time nears but riding to SD (3 days each way for me) in the summer heat may be a deterrent for me...... Again, we will see as the time nears.

AZgl1800

So far, it does not look like I'll be attending this one..... We'll see as the time nears but riding to SD (3 days each way for me) in the summer heat may be a deterrent for me...... Again, we will see as the time nears.

I just put in an order for WxCh to bring in a cold front on Saturday just before the event.....

the Jet Stream will be dipping down into Texas and helping us all out. :SmileyTooth:

jobe05

A cold front.......  in July? ...........  I hope that is the case!! But Im not planning on it.....

Russell lawrence

I used to live in Sioux Falls and worked for Gateway...  If I go,,, I think I would drive and have the wing on a trailer...  I could put my camping gear in the trunk of the car...  I will have to think on this a bit...

Parman

Probably won't be making this one. Doesn't look to promising.

Dusty Boots

Has any camping venue been announced for this event, yet?

DougW

Has any camping venue been announced for this event, yet?

Not yet Ken, Last I heard there was a foot of snow so Steve was having problems getting out to get things set up for us campers.

flylow

I think 2 campsites were mentioned in the thread on SS GWF.  Might give it another look.

DougW

There are 3 or 4 campgrounds in the vicinity, they just have not yet announced the "official" one.

larryinseattle

I am originally from Brookings SD, which is 60 miles north of Sioux Falls.  My brother lives in Sioux Falls and he is willing to host 4 or 5 tents in his big back yard.  If free camping in my brother's back yard about 20 blocks from the hosting hotel is of interest, shoot me a PM.

I am riding from Seattle and hopefully will have a riding buddy or two from Seattle or the PNW on the way to Nassir9. 

I will be camping on the way there and back.  500 miles a day is my goal.  1500 miles. 

Hawggy

We won't be doing this one either. Too Hot at this time of year. Be at Our meetup in May though.

brianinpa

NASSIR 9 looks like it is going to be a history maker... yo'all enjoy!

• Like 3

Russell lawrence

I have thought about it and I think I am going to plan a trip to North Carolina in mid-July...  I want to go to Willville to see what I missed and then down to Jomeokee Campgrounds in Pinnacle for a few days to visit my friends and relatives in King,,, also see Dean at King Kitchen for some good food...  then wonder home on the backroads...

jobe05

Keep me posted with your itinerary and if Im available, I'll meet you at King Kitchen.

• Like 2

DaveO430

If it wasn't for curiosity I would pass on this one. Just have to see what this schizoid is planning, or not planning. 

• Like 3

jobe05

If it wasn't for curiosity I would pass on this one. Just have to see what this schizoid is planning, or not planning. 

I think that he has built his importance up in his own home town that even he is starting to believe it......  I suspect he's in for a huge reality check however the event turns out.

roscoepc

I just got done reading the thread from about page 32... All I can say is some of us got it and some of us don't... It appears Cap's slap FULL of it!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Flyone

I just got done reading the thread from about page 32... All I can say is some of us got it and some of us don't... It appears Cap's slap FULL of it!!!!!!!!!

It has been interesting to watch to say the least!

• Like 1

roscoepc

I'm just wondering is the forum ownership there are aware of his bid to take over the Site??

brianinpa

I would have liked to go to SD, but the host turned me off a long time ago.

• Like 2

brianinpa

I'm just wondering is the forum ownership there are aware of his bid to take over the Site??

I'm wondering if he is aware of it... but then again, I am just a Drunk Old Sailor, so what do I know.

AZgl1800

Well,

I think I am going to let the boy have all the rope he can throw...

when he sets up his ride(s), the guys around me will say, "hey ya'll wanna just sit this one out?" :)

• Like 2

Goldwings 4 Ever

That's pretty much the reason I'm going too.  This will be an epic event, pass or fail, but my suspicion is fail.   Cap seems to think he's planning Americade or Sturgis..  You can certainly tell he's never attended NASSIR.

• Like 1