Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Monkeytrucker

Hinge nuts

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

When we went to open the belly by lifting the whole top the hitch end of the top pushed itself out of place.  The nut had come off the hinge bolt and let it fall out somewhere along the road coming home from the IL M&G..  The gas cylinder pushed the whole top out of place.  Estella and I finally got a bolt in the hinge.  That gas cylinder pushes hard.  Had to tweak the hinge on the tail end and re-adjust the hold down tabs.

Chatted with Brady about it and explained that the bolt does not go far enough into the nylock nut.  However he is correct that if the threads protruded past the nylon in the nut the tent material would suffer.  So now they are going to put a drop of Loctite on each nut to prevent the nut from coming off.

Checking the hinge nut for tightness is one of those standard things to do.  However removing the nut and putting some Loctite would be a true fix.

That is one of the great things about Brady coming to the IL M&G.  We get to talk with him, give our input about the campers and have him look at what we are talking about.  He is a great guy and just like the hinge nut he is willing and able to make a simple and easy fix to prevent the nut from coming off.  He says owner feedback is what makes his product even better.

The Aspen camper is the top of the line motorcycle camper.  We stopped in Mattoon, IL to get a subway and a lady came up and was excited about how we were towing it behind a Fiat.  She was driving one and said she misses camping simply because she was told that she could not tow one behind her Fiat.  She took down all of the information she could and said she was going to get one. 

The Aspen Classic camper pulled behind the motorcycle draws attention and gets many questions but behind the Fiat it draws even more attention.  And as all of you Aspen owners know, setting up in a campground takes longer to set up there as it does at home due to the numerous visitors watching you set it up and in our case Estella giving tours of her vacation home.

• Like 3

jobe05

I too like the idea that Brady makes himself available to us (or anyone), and listens, to make his product the best it could be for us.

I wish sales brochures came with every camper however......  sure would make set up go a lot quicker........ :Face-Raspberry:

• Like 1

youngnbald

I too like the idea that Brady makes himself available to us (or anyone), and listens, to make his product the best it could be for us.

I wish sales brochures came with every camper however......  sure would make set up go a lot quicker........ :Face-Raspberry:

Brady will get you brochures.  I have a bunch myself and have given many tours to the curious campers. 

Dusty Boots

Thanks for the reminder to check mine, Gary.

I haven't seen any sign of any of the fasteners loosing up  ...  yet, but I have had issues with the hold down tabs needing frequent adjustment and eventually leading to breakage, necessitating me fabricating new ones from some square tubing I had laying around. 

15555159120_116797a222_z.jpg

15555162910_3e98ed73d6_z.jpg

15738065631_0d64a6dc1f_z.jpg

I suggested to Brady that they needed to be made out of a thicker/more durable material, such as Stainless Steel.

He informed me he was ahead of me there and already had a set made up on his work bench that just needed the holes drilled in them.

Got to give him a call to obtain them!

Dusty