Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
jobe05

Pivot Hinge Wear

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

jobe05

When I was at Larry's house in Arkansas, and was closing the top down on the camper, a rivet fell out onto the ground.  I looked for an empty hole that it could have come out of, but didn't see anything.

While installing the canvas top, I noticed the bottom hinge on the bed, where it attached to the trailer was lose and sticking up about 3/4' from the tun on one side.  Upon inspection, I noticed the empty hole that the rivet came out of, then I noticed another rivet that the head was just sitting there, broken away from the bottom section.  After fixing the one side, I inspected the other side and found the same thing.

I put screws in them for now, till I can either find a good flat headed screw or a rivet long enough to go through the tub and a support washer on it.  I would prefer a nut and bolt as it's easier to get in without having to take that dreaded hinge bolt out.

If you have an older Aspen, I would highly recommend checking not only these points, but all the buts and bolts as I also found one of the tub bolts lose.  Not a bad idea to do an annual inspection of these items before you put the camper away for the season or opening it up in the spring.

hinge%201.jpg

hinge2.jpg

• Like 2

aspenmann

These are now bolted and nutted with nylon lock washers. Please feel free to let us know about your issues!

Brady, Aspen Campers

• Like 2