Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker
  • Times running out!!! Order your NASR 11 Items NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 T-Shirt Orders Have CLOSED!!!
  • NEW NEW NEW...Official NAGF Flags Now Avaialble In Our Online Store!!!
  • Two Sizes Available!!!
  • Quantities are limited, Order NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 Store Is Open!!!
jobe05

Aspen customer service

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

jobe05

After several months and 3 phone calls I finally got someone to call me back for an inquiry about a new canvas top.

Last Friday, I called and ordered a new canvas top and the 2 lift shocks for the top.........

I checked today, and they never placed the order.........

I give up...  Time to sell the Aspen, these people are the absolute worse once you buy one, not sure how they make their money, but Im done with them!!!

jobe05

Since it was Friday Night that I discovered this, I figured I couldn't call them, so I posted something on their facebook page, this morning my post is gone from their FB page, and still no response from TrailMaster.......  They truly don't care!!!  Unbelievable....

Monkeytrucker

I have to agree on Trailmaster's lack of customer service. They tend to "FORGET" stuff like filing license applications and the fact that their stabilizers are too long. The campers are great, well built, tow nice, set up easy and generally good. However they need to have a major shake up in their customer service. There seems to be a "Do not do today what you can put off till next week" attitude. That can and is a big cause in customer sales and a detriment to a companies future. If you or I did that in our business we would be broke.

Do I still like my Aspen Classic? Yes. Do I feel they could make some simple and inexpensive changes? Yes. As I have said before, it is ridiculous that one has to "LIFT" the camper to put the jacks down. Surely they could set up a jig, cut and reweld the stands. Or just buy ones 2" shorter.

DougW

Something must have changed a lot since I had my Aspen.

When I called them for some things a couple of times I talked to Peggy and she took care of what wanted right away and in a most pleasant manner.

• Like 1

jobe05

Once again, I posted in 2 different areas of their FB page about the issues I was having getting a hold of them to place this order, then when I do place the order it was never followed through with on their end......  What do they do?  They just delete the post......  Don't contact the customer, just delete their post like they are nothing.....  What a bunch of BS!!  These guys take the prize for the absolute worst customer service EVER!!!!!

Oh, then they blocked me so I can not post anymore..........  Nice company.....  And Peggy is the one doing it, she post right around the time my post disappear.  She screws up and Im the bad guy........  Brady will get a call on Monday.

jobe05

I had Peggy's number on my phone from when she called me back, so I called her......  She was very rude at first, talking over me so I couldn't et a word in, just saying that she never told me when the canvas would go out, the guys are busy building campers a can't get the order out..........  When in fact she told me on that Friday after noon that it was Friday, so it won't go out till the beginning of the week....  Which it did not.  I asked for a firm ship date and she said she will call me tomorrow when she gets into the office.  We'll see if that happens.

Galaxyhunter

One of the problems is that TrailMaster don't build the campers.  They are just the sellers that is located in Wood Dale, Il.   Abel Inc. ( Brady ) are the people that builds the campers & are located in El Paso, Il. 

Since I bought my camper (NEW) & it took 3 -4 months to get my Title & plate, I have bought a couple of Accessories.  When I called to order them, They said it was in stock.  It still took two to three weeks to receive them, & I am in the same State.

So knowing the slow delivery of Trailmaster, Last Wednesday I wanted to buy an extended tongue.  So I called down to Abel to buy it direct ( and I would ride the 2 hours to pick it up).  NO JOY,  Abel redirected me right back to TrailMaster.

jobe05

Trailmaster?........  Abel?.......... Aspen?..........

I know Brady an the Abel / Aspen relationship, but totally lost on where, how, when Trailmaster comes into play......

However.......  As a customer, it should be seamless.....  I don't want to call the only number listed for them, to order a part (Canvas tent cover and struts), with all the parts sitting on the shelf,  and have to be put on the board with all the manufacturing schedules, just so someone can walk 20 feet to a shelf, get the part, put it in a box and mail it!!!  Why do I need to be put on the schedule?  Weeks out?.....

Galaxyhunter

Trailmaster?........  Abel?.......... Aspen?..........

I know Brady an the Abel / Aspen relationship, but totally lost on where, how, when Trailmaster comes into play......

However.......  As a customer, it should be seamless.....  I don't want to call the only number listed for them, to order a part (Canvas tent cover and struts), with all the parts sitting on the shelf,  and have to be put on the board with all the manufacturing schedules, just so someone can walk 20 feet to a shelf, get the part, put it in a box and mail it!!!  Why do I need to be put on the schedule?  Weeks out?.....

"I know Brady an the Abel / Aspen relationship, but totally lost on where, how, when Trailmaster comes into play......"  TrailMaster is a separate company that was the rights to sell Aspen Campers

"However.......  As a customer, it should be seamless..... ".   I absolutely agree with this.  That's why I tried to deal with Abel directly.

Here is a link to  Aspen / Abel .  http://www.aspenqualitytrailers.com/faq/warranty-information/43-warranty-information    They have a twitter link.  Maybe you might get somewhere on that?

Monkeytrucker

Well it looks like Trailmaster is the bad link. When we were trying to get our deal made we did get the run around blamed on trailmaster representative having personal problems. Maybe someone will listen to this thread.

The long stand thing is a very documented problem. One of the Wooddale representatives said he uses a stick under the tongue to get around the problem. Yeah Right! shortening them 1.5" made setting up the camper a heck of a lot easier and stopped the "This is REDICULOUS" thoughts.

Other than the Trailmaster broken link we are very happy with our camper. Our grandson has been using it for over a week as his bachelor pad here at our home and the last two nights his parents have had the honors. Only thing we learned to do is to move it 10' every two days so the camper does not kill the grass. We have a square spot of hurt grass from not moving it for 4 days. Live and learn.

jobe05

Peggy called me back and said that she spoke with Brady and the order will go out the beginning of this week.......

I still don't get that relationship...........

aspenmann

John:

We were on vacation and received your order while we were out. Your tent was inspected today and will ship out Fedex today. Emily is dropping it off herself.

We are small business and don't have a huge inventory of products that are not on an order. Each tent is hand-made from patterns. Then each tent is then inspected for flaws and seam sealed. This process takes four hours to do. 

As far the jackstands go, I can't buy a shorter length, but they are shorter than several years ago. The only way I can think of is to make the trailer taller by making the axle mounts deeper, however this will raise the tongue height. When set on level ground with low ground cover you should have 1.5" clear to swing the legs down IF the front ones are fully collapsed and the no tongue stand and not attached to your rig. I have had times it does drag, but a a little tug up and it swings down. We have received no complaints until this recent posting.

To set things straight. Abel is the manufacturer. We make the trailers and provide the tents, axles, lights, tires etc. We don't sell to the general public because of the way we are incorporated in the State of Illinois. Therefore, all orders must go through Trailmaster. However, we are happy to answer technical questions and handle warranty issues. 

I wan't to make a good product and keep everyone happy. Your comments are appreciated and welcomed. If you have problem CALL US at 309-846-2840 and we will call you back.

Thanks,

Brady Mann

jobe05

John:

We were on vacation and received your order while we were out. Your tent was inspected today and will ship out Fedex today. Emily is dropping it off herself.

We are small business and don't have a huge inventory of products that are not on an order. Each tent is hand-made from patterns. Then each tent is then inspected for flaws and seam sealed. This process takes four hours to do.

I wan't to make a good product and keep everyone happy. Your comments are appreciated and welcomed. If you have problem CALL US at 309-846-2840 and we will call you back.

THanks for chiming in Brady.  No complaints about your product at all, I think anyone here that owns one will tell you they love it. 

When I placed my order, I wasn't told anything about you being on vacation, r how you would even come into play on my order.  I was however told that my order would ship the beginning of the week.  Since I called on a Friday afternoon, I didn't think that was strange at all, however a week later when I returned home from being out of town all week, I find my credit card had not been charged yet, meaning the parts, canvas and struts did not go out as I was told.  Which in the scheme of things would be no big deal, however this was a fathers day gift from my family, so the disappointment of being told one thing and having something else happen.......  actually, nothing happen, was certainly there.  It's now the weekend, and I see someone from trailmaster is posting on the trailmaster FB page, so I post there......  only to have my post deleted, with no response.....  I post again, and again my post was deleted, and now I am blocked from the site....  A tactic my 12 year old nieces use on their old boyfriends.....  Why have a FB presence if you only going to allow the good and not identify the bad.  Same with yourself, I see you liked the one post where the customer had no issues, didn't acknowledge the rest. 

Sunday I called the trailmaster number and Peggy did answer, very rude, talked over me and denied saying anything about a delivery date.  I asked if she had seen my messages, why not a call if she knows there is a customer out there not happy, she said she didn't have my number......  She could have messaged me on FB had I not been blocked....

The stabilizer issue has been around for a long time and you were aware of mine last year in Ill.  Mine is an older model and not the same as todays models, but if you check other forums, you will find that this is a common issue amongst many Aspen owners, new and old. 

I am very disappointed with Trailmaster and the handling of something so simple.  Peggy makes this aspect of her job seem "Unimportant", but as Aspen owners who want product to use our campers, It's very important to us!!  Im not sure how one can deal with trailmaster or Aspen/Abel if the communication breakdown is so prevalent.

aspenmann

Trailmaster "owns" the Facebook page due to history and followings. I don't have any control over who is blocked. I very rarely like anything in there page, because the pictures of customers come from me. Maybe I should change that way of thinking.

Peggy is good person, you just are not used to the Chicago tone of voice. She was on vacation when your order likely came in, then we were gone. June is always a busy month. If you needed it by a certain date, please tell us that. We will accommodate if at all possible. We have turned trailers out in less than 5 days to meet peoples plans. 

We work with customers who pick up and spend usually two hours demonstrating the procedures. 

Your tent will be ready for install. There are a few tree sap stains that I am aware of, but that is why is was discounted. 

Let me know if you have further concerns.

Thanks,

Brady

jobe05

Brady is there a number I can call you, Peggy is the one that I talked to and I do not believe that the tree sap one was the one of my choosing......

There was one that was repaired on a seem and was repaired and seam sealed (according to peggy)

EDIT:  I called Peggy, we'll see what the tent looks like when I get it........

Monkeytrucker

Brady,

Hopefully if you monitor this forum some of the problems will go away. We were impressed with you when we met at the IL M&G and that was the #1 reason we bought the Aspen Classic. I like others do not like excuses for the lack of services. There is a great axiom in business, "There should be no indispensable persons." You should either fire them or train someone else to do their job. The second axiom is "The Mack Truck Theory." That means if you have and indispensable person and they walk out in front of a Mack Truck, your company can be killed also.

jobe05

Brady called me tonight and we discussed some of the issues I was having.

Amazing how a simple phone call can re-instill a lot of confidence.  Also in speaking with Peggy earlier, we had a great conversation with regard to Trailmaster / Aspen relationship.  Again, that simple one on one sometimes makes all the difference in the world.

We run a small business, and I understand, and despise when business gets in the way of that one on one.  People like to deal with people, not corporate structure and regulation that we know nothing about.  Rant over.....  New tent and struts are on their way!!!  Was going to Willville this weekend camping, but I think I may have new plans now..

Monkeytrucker

Fantastic for you John.

Willville sounds great but am afraid that Crooked Snake road would bite us. Did find the gas station on google earth. the photo was taken when there were fewer cars in front of it. They do have a 58 Pontiac Station Wagon that would be a great care to restore and modernize.

jobe05

I got the new canvas today and installed it tonight.

I changed the topic of this thread, as I think the majority of the issues that I was having was Brady was out of the loop, on vacation, and it would be unfair to lay a blanket claim on one instance.  Once he was there, the wheels of their organization moved rather well.  I understand small company dealings, I own a small business.  Take one cog out of the mechanism and the whole thing just doesn't work the same, or at all.

I received the canvas and found it to be in Like New condition.  I don't think the canvas was ever used.  Looks like it was installed and taken right back off.  The tree sap stains, pictured below, were literally 3 or 4 spots all about 1/4" round......  If Brady hadn't mentioned them, they probably would have gone unnoticed by myself.

Thanks Brady and Peggy for taking care of this order.  I will add however, the install kit was about 7 or 8 screws short, no big deal, I used the old ones, but it was also 4 rivets short, the large ones that go on the bed front piece.  Could you send me 4 of those?  Not sure I could find that type around here, never seen them like that before.....

I'll start a new thread on the install.

Tree sap:  (ya gotta look close to see them.......)

IMG_3635.jpg

• Like 3

aspenmann

Screws and rivets will be sent out today. They must have miscounted.

Did you have the third rear roof strut? It helps with overall tension from front to back. I started including them in January 2014 as standard. I can provide the pole that needs to be cut to length along with clips and hardware. $20 plus shipping.

Enjoy!

Brady

jobe05

Thanks Brady!!

I have some chrome sleeve that we use in the fire suppression business. I bent it and added the "t" ends to make the third pole. However if I knew they were $20, I would have ordered one as the poles alone cost me that much.....

Dusty Boots

I just wanted to say that I had a very positive experience with Aspen Quality Campers/Nuko Industries.

At our recent IL M&G at Clinton Lake, in which Brady Mann was in attendance, he and I were discussing an issue I was having with a certain part of my 2011 Aspen Sentry camper. He told me he was already working on an upgrade and had the part on his work bench.

He asked for my mailing address and today I received the parts in question, without the need of me reminding him.

Kudos to Brady and his commitment to outstanding Customer Service/Satisfaction!   :thumbs-up:     :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Ken

• Like 4

jobe05

I too got a care package in the mail based on a couple things that Brady and I talked about.  Let there never be a question when it comes to the level of customer service that Brady and his family offer, it's top notch!

However, for me, the jury is still out on trailmaster.......  haven't given up, but..........

Monkeytrucker

Definitely top notch with Brady and Aspen.  Great product and great job taking care of their product.  The fact that the hinge bolt and nut came off on the way home from Clinton and after emailing Brady we had new bolt assemblies within a very few days.  He also after a discussion of the bolt replied that they were going to put a drop of Loctite on all new assembly.  Great and quick prevention of a repeat.  You do not find that kind of instant production fix from 99.9% of Mfg.  He also sent some brochures to hand out to all of those who watch set up and look at the Aspen. 

John, I cannot disagree with you on the last part of your post but the jury is still looking at the evidence.

mailman01

I have to agree on Trailmaster's lack of customer service. They tend to "FORGET" stuff like filing license applications and the fact that their stabilizers are too long. The campers are great, well built, tow nice, set up easy and generally good. However they need to have a major shake up in their customer service. There seems to be a "Do not do today what you can put off till next week" attitude. That can and is a big cause in customer sales and a detriment to a companies future. If you or I did that in our business we would be broke.

Do I still like my Aspen Classic? Yes. Do I feel they could make some simple and inexpensive changes? Yes. As I have said before, it is ridiculous that one has to "LIFT" the camper to put the jacks down. Surely they could set up a jig, cut and reweld the stands. Or just buy ones 2" shorter.

I agree, the jacks are too long, but to overcome that minor issue I carry two(2) 24" 1X4 and cut one end on a 45 degree cut...place one behind each wheel and push the Aspen onto these, then drop the jacks.  Works well for me.

• Like 1