Sign in to follow this  
Parman

Lets see those Wings

58 posts in this topic Last Reply

AZgl1800

Welcome to the forum!  Larger emoticons are for those that need reading glasses when behind the computer.  :Face-Smile-Big:

ummm, I usually sit "in front of" my computer when using it :SmileyTooth:

AZgl1800

No pic AZgl1800.

I guess you don't have viewing privileges on Goldwingfacts.com, that is where it was hosted at.

This is from PhotoBucket, and it is a Public image.

Bike%20amp%20Trailer%20in%20PJs%20Drivew

as I think I mentioned above, it had been drizzling rain all night, and I had to leave to head out for home...

not long after leaving my son's home here in Dawsonville, GA the clouds got very soppy and wet....

I had to pull off the road a couple of times and wait it out...

Made it to Olive Branch, MS that day and bedded down at a Best Western.... no tents for me.

• Like 1

Geezerglider

Geezerglider

Nice looking bike there Steed.  One of my neighbor friends and riding buddies has one almost identical.  Sadly this week we were coming home from a day ride when he had a bad accident.  The bike fared a lot better than he did with just some cosmetic damage, but I'm afraid he may not be able to ride again.  :Face-Crying:

AZgl1800
Bike%20amp%20Trailer%20in%20PJs%20Drivew

AZgl1800, would like to see the pics of yours.

I will move it to a different host, that one is finicky about letting some folks see it.

how about this now?

• Like 1

thecruiser

Nice lookin' outfit, John. Did you build the trailer? Someone did a great job on it.

Goes well with the bike.

AZgl1800

Nice lookin' outfit, John. Did you build the trailer? Someone did a great job on it.

Goes well with the bike.

I bought it from a carpenter in Rogers, AR.

He did the basic box with the Wood Trim lattice work and used it plain vanilla w/o any paint on it.

I soaked it with 3 coats of Thompson's Weather Seal and then painted the ABS sides yellow.

I added the brake and running lights, the lights he had on it were plastic stuff, and I removed them.

bought some good Marine grade trailer lights with 1157 bulbs and wired them as Running lights, and Signal Lights.

Installed a set of the big Semi-truck style LED lights vertically above the marine lights. Those are wired strictly as STOP lights.

There is also a Pulsar SuperBright flasher in the center. It is 12 inches wide. Flashes 10 times and then goes solid when brakes are applied.

The combination of all that has had the result of traffic behind me backing off when I hit the brakes.

Never had that happen before with just the bike by itself. Lots of folks will almost run over me before they "wake up, get their eyes out of their cellphones" and then slow down.

Now, if I am going anywhere, I hookup the trailer and tow it with me.  I feel safer with it, than without it.

larryinseattle

00I0I_3cFNL0vSgXb_600x450_zpsnejgcn3r.jp

My new to me 2002 1800 ABS.  It had 69,500 miles on it when I bought it in Oct. 2015.  Now, in Dec. 2015, it has 70,125 miles and we have had 30 inches of darn rain since I bought it. 

My old 1500: 

RattlesnakePass3.jpg

• Like 1