Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Halfling

What Is This?

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

OK Aspen owners, what is this post for and is that spring used for something? It has one on both sides of the rear quarter.

What_is_this01.jpg

jobe05

Looks like a balance weight.........

DougW

To pull the rear stands into place? :)

It looks like it was something added by the prior owner, can'r imagine what it might have been for.

Halfling

Could this be a place for a wide strap to go over the collapsed tent canvas before putting on the cover? It has one on both sides.

Also, what is this post for? There are two of them, one in the rear and one in the front? They both hook up to the gas shocks attached to the inside lid over the basement but they protrude like they are begging for something to be attached?

I've hearf people talk about wide straps and I seem to recall a couple of you guys attaching something but on this one I have nothing in that regard???

RearPost01.png

jobe05

Thats just for the lid shock.  The straps your talking about have wide hooks on them and they attach to the top lid of the belly of the camper.

Halfling

Thats just for the lid shock.  The straps your talking about have wide hooks on them and they attach to the top lid of the belly of the camper.

I have no wide straps with hooks however Ken put in some wide straps (looked new) but they have nothing on the ends of them. Looks like he was going to fix them up or something but never got around to it (I'm guessing). I NEED these hooked up, how and where do they attach exactly? I'm not seeing anything obvious.

jobe05

First, The strap will be of either bungy like material, or will have a pull tight devise to make adjustments to it.

Where it attaches?.....  If you open the top of the camper, you have a lip that runs around the bottom tub that the top that you just opened seals against.  The straps just slide onto that lip.

Halfling

Well now, ain't that interesting. My straps have no "hook" of any sort on the ends, just an end of strap with nothing on it at all. That must be why I had to put straps around the entire trailer to get it home! Dang it, another fix I need to make...

TrailerNissan.jpg

Dusty Boots

Could this be a place for a wide strap to go over the collapsed tent canvas before putting on the cover? It has one on both sides.

Also, what is this post for? There are two of them, one in the rear and one in the front? They both hook up to the gas shocks attached to the inside lid over the basement but they protrude like they are begging for something to be attached?

I've hearf people talk about wide straps and I seem to recall a couple of you guys attaching something but on this one I have nothing in that regard???

The gas shock bolts are on the outside, John. All of them are the same.

As for the wide straps  ...  they should be a wide elastic strap, right? 1 longer and 1 shorter.

The longer one keeps then tent material under control along the length, while the shorter one goes across the width

There are snaps on all sides of the bed board that these straps snap on to

You can see them unfastening them right at the start of this video

https://youtu.be/y5YrORAIt6o

jobe05

NOOOO!!!!!

The hooks and straps i am referring to go over the tent portion when you fold the trailer up, BEFORE you put the canvas topper on.

Which you DO NOT NEED!!!!  The canvas topper, has a built in bungee material around it, that attaches to 6 small hooks on the camper tub, there is 2 on each side and 1 in front, 1 in the back.  No need for any type of straps at all!!

Dusty Boots

NOOOO!!!!!

The hooks and straps i am referring to go over the tent portion when you fold the trailer up, BEFORE you put the canvas topper on.

Which you DO NOT NEED!!!!  The canvas topper, has a built in bungee material around it, that attaches to 6 small hooks on the camper tub, there is 2 on each side and 1 in front, 1 in the back.  No need for any type of straps at all!!

Then I guess the engineers put them on there just for decoration!   : CRAZY :

Watch the video to the end and you'll see why they are needed.!!

If yours are not elastic, call Peggy at trailmaster and order them. They are not expensive

Halfling

I think the "NOOOO" was for me Dusty, you both said the same thing.

OK guys, I see it in the video and I get it. I need to get in there and find the attachment point etc. I have no intention of putting straps on the outside of the cover again and risk wearing a hole in the cover...

thecruiser

John!  You towed the camper with a CAR?   You just ain't RIGHT MAN!   :SmileyTooth:   Your suppose to 'get wet' like the rest of us.  :Clown:

Monkeytrucker

The bungee cord inside the lower edge of the tonnoe cover already has the brass eyelet rings coming out on ours. Do not know if complaining to Aspen is the thing or just try to fix it myself. I guess the Amish who make it had a bad day.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,