Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
lopeha

11th Annual Mid West Meet & Greet, September 4-7, 2015

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

lopeha

Would like to invite everyone to our Annual event held in Eureka Springs, AR every Labor Day weekend.  Our host site is the Motel 62 which is run by Karl & his staff & are excellent hosts.  I will be cooking hamburgers on Friday night staring around 5 pm for a nominal charge of $5 per person.  This is done so those that wish may enjoy an adult beverage without worrying about getting back out to eat.  We will again be eating Saturday dinner at the Oak Tree restaurant which has an excellent buffet.  Eureka Springs is a beautiful area with an abundance of the best riding roads available.  An auction will be held Saturday night to raise funds to help either someone in need.  It is wise to make reservations early as the Motel 62 does fill up early. Here's contact info for the motel & also a local campground that is very nice.

Motel 62

3169 East Van Buren

Eureka Springs, AR  72632

1-877-327-1080

Mention the Labor Day GoldWing group to get a discounted rate of $74.95 per night.

Kettle Campground

4119 East Van Buren

Eureka Springs, AR  72632

1-479-253-9100

kettleinfo@cox.net

Look forward to seeing all that may be able to attend.

Halfling

Room reserved! Hopefully I won't have to "pour" Nancy into bed again this year,,,but....it WAS a lot of fun!!!

Parman

She was a tough cookie though John. She got up and rode to lunch with us the next day. lol

rcameron

Room reserved!! Looking forward to another great time!!

:Face-Raspberry:  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Flyone

Gator and I will be riding out to ES from Gawja!! Reservation made!

youngnbald

I believe they said room 205 for us.  Had a great time every year and coming back to do the same.

kamikaze84

Wish I could make this one as well. Sounds like a good time. 

Mighty Max

Hey all! Just made reservation, you can add me and Colorado Canyon Carver.

• Like 1

Flyone

Oh no he didn't!!!!!

That's funny right there....I don't care who you are!!

So are we talking bets now to see if Flyone will ride the Goldwing in or will he trailer in???

i am so looking forward to seeing everyone at ES!!!

Langus88

Looks like we will be making the trip to Eureka Springs.  Room reserved too.  Looking forward to it.  Will probably ride in Friday afternoon and our Monday AM.

• Like 1

Chromo

I got my wife showing up this year also.

Well, there goes my fun! LOL

Really though, You guys are great! My wife is great!

After several years of not riding it is because of ES that she now started riding with me again! Allot this year!

A couple years ago she drove me over for the auction due to issues at the time, knowing I was to tired from the ride in to home to make it and that I'd want to have a few drinks with all while there.

Great gal, she had no real interest in being there but drove me! Great friends you got her out of the car and interested!

Last year she drove over in car so made it, I rode the bike, she rode a bit and 1 full day, she had fun and liked ya all too. All the way home she said she watched me on the bike and was bored driving the car thinking she could have been riding instead!

This year she is like, is it time yet, is it time yet!!!

She is as ready as I am and wanting to get there!

She's been out riding with me anytime she can for last few months or so. Mostly always working she does not have much time to ride, but when she has a day off if weather is decent she is ready to ride!

I work for myself so I make my own time and do what ever when ever, but when she has a day off she is ready even if I am not! LOL

She took a couple Saturdays off and we found things around here we never knew was here before!

She don't work Sundays, but does the other 6 days now, and if I want to sleep in too late and weather is nice she gets a bit mad at me I think!

See what you got started! LOL

After 33 years or so I am stuck for life now!! LOL

THANKS!

Flyone

Got all my auction items packed up and ready to go!!!!!!

Now just wondering if I'm going to get out of GA with the remanence of Erika!

I can tell you that I will be there, I just hope I don't have to trailer the Wing out of GA.........I'll never hear the end of it!

beenshot

I won't be making it this year, hate to miss it but there is just no way to get around that 4-letter word this time. :BigFatCry:

Y'all stay outta trouble, ya hear!!!!!!!!!!! :SmileyTooth:

Beth

Ok, Mr Beenshot, you are now officially on my list!!! You better at least send Belinda!!!

Gator

Beenshot.......just do like I did, come down with the bike flu!

Flyone and I are heading out now, see everyone there!

• Like 1

beenshot

Sorry Beth, but there is just no way that we can make it. She might get Monday off if she is lucky and I won't even get that. :sad-face:

Beth

Oh, alright. I can't make SC so hope to see you in October!

• Like 1

Mighty Max

Due to work circumstances, CO Canyon Carver and I will not make it this year! :Face-Crying:

See ya all at the Rhino Q!

Chromo

Well I made it!

Wow, about a 1500 mile weekend for wife an I riding double!

YES, it's only about 175 miles from the house, but we made do!!! LOL

Left home early Friday and done some extra riding on the way!

Sat. took off and rode 7 for worst meal we ever had I think! Was at that restaurant up at what they call the grand canyon of AR. LOL

Was a great ride but horrible meal! I REALLY want to find where to leave my review of it to warn others!

We should have took a loaf of bread and can of spam and had a picnic instead for a far better meal!

$11 each for a BBQ smoked pot roast. HORRIBLE!

Like an ice cream scoop of pot roast, mine was mostly FAT, wife's was tough and stringy, ice cream scoop of horrible potato salad, tiny cup of beans kinda good, Famous AR State " Companies a commin Biscuit" that was stale, dry. flat like stepped on and tasted about the same! AND THEY BRAG ON THAT BISCUIT!!! YUCK!!!

All that for ONLY $23. and we only had to wait about 15 minutes to get an ice water and place the order when we rode in hot and dry needing something to drink FAST. Probably there about an hour to get food, water, eat and leave, and about 20 minutes to get sick on down the road from the nasty food! LOL

REALLY, $1.29lb pork steak, $0.99 bottle of kraft BBQ sauce, couple spoons of Bushes baked beans, 1 scoop Reesers potato salad, and 1 Best choice 10/$0.99 canned biscuit would have been a far better meal and fed 6 people larger servings for about $6, what the heck did we pay $23 for 2 for for the garbage we got!!!!

Sunday we took a ride with allot of other folks and it was fun of course, we saw the 1 lane wood bridge and visited the Crescent hotel, then we took off on our own. It was about 30-40 miles we rode with them for morning, we then rode about 300 miles ourselves after!

Comming home today we circled a few hours and 70 miles or so looking  for the exit! LOL

Had some fun around town riding and seeing close stuff. then headed out on 23 and ran to Branson. MO and ate some Gyros and rode the back roads home.

Put in allot of extra miles here and there since Friday morning!

I am home now, got in at 9PM

Took the trailer with me to ES, not sure why but I also brought it back home again too! LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,