Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
thecruiser

Five State Tour

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

thecruiser

OK, Turn the Rain OFF!

I'm heading out this morning on a 5 state tour. First to visit my buddy John Jones in the lake shore area south of Milwaukee. Then on to the Dells area for the weekend for the Wisconsin Dells Spring Ride-in.

Sunday going to Pekin,IL for an overnight with another buddy, MIke.  On the way to Cinci for a Ride on Tuesday with the "Retired and Riding" group, I spend another evening with Hoosier Daddy in Shelbyville, Indiana.

It's great having friends all over the country. It's great when they stop in at our home,... when I'm home!

As a reminder, we have camping space as well as a spare bedroom for all my Gold Wing Friends.

If your coming up Michigan way, give me a shout... when I'm home.

post-254-0-33491500-1430908913_thumb.jpg

Parman

Foggy as heck in Chicago area and WI this morning. Not supposed to lift until late morning to early afternoon.

Ride Safe and enjoy your trip.

OnaWingandaPrayer

Be safe and enjoy the visits and sights along the way .

Hawggy

Enjoy your ride and be safe. Sounds like your gonna have a bit of fun and see lots of friends. Enjoy.

thecruiser

Mornin' all. Ya, coming through Chicago was interesting More so than usual. Could hardly see the antennas on the top of what used to be The Sears Tower.

Also a mile or two north of the downtown loop I could see smoke. I immediately though "CAR FIRE" and sure enough, that's what it was. As I approached it I was thankful it wasn't in the northbound lanes. It wasn't in the regular southbound lanes either but in the southbound express lanes. A white car was 1/2 engulfed in flames. It's two occupants were outside the car and safely away from it. No pics as traffic was moving albeit  slowly because of the rubberneckers.

The temp as I was going through Chicago was 74*. A few miles north I felt a distinctive drop in  temp. Checking the trusty gauge on the GoldWing I saw a drop of 12* to 62*. Another mile of two another 5* drop. Since I hadn't passed the IL and WI state line yet I was hoping I wouldn't run into snow by the time I got to Racine. I didn't.

Finally run through that cold front bus it still was a little cool when I arrived.

Good to be 'on-the-road' again...  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Halfling

Enjoy your road time Larry and above all else, be safe out there!!!

thecruiser

Thanks John,

We had a good Ride today starting with a good Breakfast at a good Mom & Pop place, or in this case, just a POP place called Manny's in Twin Lakes, WI.

We ended the day with a frozen Custard Sunday. Mmmm Mmmm- Good.

John, is there a way to post pics directly from my computer without using Photobucket or like service?

OnaWingandaPrayer

Larry if you use the "more reply options" button (bottom right) then the page that comes up has an attach button on the lower left which will allow you to post if the size isnt to large . 

Enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

thecruiser

Ahaaa, didn't thing of that. I'll attach pics for today's RTE. None from while Riding.

I did see one bike that obviously it's Rider didn't trust his bike. He had a chase vehicle full of tools and parts.

thecruiser

Ahaaa, didn't thing of that. I'll attach pics for today's RTE. None from while Riding.

I did see one bike that obviously it's Rider didn't trust his bike. He had a chase vehicle full of tools and parts.

post-254-0-01061000-1431059455_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-33066900-1431059484_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-26832800-1431059507_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-97247700-1431059524_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-53324700-1431059684_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

yooperfan

Gee, who would have guessed the bike with a chase truck full of tools would be a HD.   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Like 3

mailman01

Larry, glad you brought up the photo posting subject...just had to try one...

]post-5169-0-20759300-1443923827_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

thecruiser

A new Riding season is about to get under way. I'll have to learn again how to post pics...

Looks like my Riding season will be shortened a bit. In late July I'll probably be scheduling back surgery that will knock me out for about the next four months.   :puzzled-smiley-emoticon: 

yooperfan

Reschedule it for mid November.  That way you get the full riding season in and then have down time for Thanksgiving, X-Mas, New Years eve and day, and can sit inside and watch the snow fly all winter.  You would be back in the saddle just in time for next year's riding season.

• Like 1

thecruiser

Nothing is scheduled yet, the MRI comes first and at the time of surgery the MRI can't be more that 30 days old.

The only snow I wanna see is in pictures. That means I need to be somewhat healed to travel South in Nov or Dec.

Road Runner

Looks like Larry will be having surgery soon... here is what he sent me...

My appointment with the surgeon went well yesterday. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am on 8-22-16 and should take about 3 hours. He said I'd be in the hospital about 3 days and take 3 months to heal. Until then, no motorcycle Riding! He will be doing a spinal fusion of L-2, L-4 and L5. The surgery will include repair of one disc using the bone removed in the decompression.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,