Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

kamikaze84

As we get closer and closer the the event I can already smell the ribs.

• Like 1

JGL351

If you can smell the ribs 2 months before the event .... someone is not hanging their meat properly.

• Like 3

RJ-97

I've put it on my calendar with an arrival date of the 1st.  

As for reservations, - looks like just about everything NAGF doesn't have reserved is available.  So think I'll just wing it; I'm leery of reserving a site without seeing it first.  The weather will have the biggest impact on wether I'm by myself or not.

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

I'm not reserving either, Randy.

I'll either set up in an available spot in the loop, or get my own site once I get there. (looking to share)

Not really sure of my arrival date yet, as I'll most likely be up in Interlochen, MI at the Cycle Moore  Birthday Bash the weekend before and slowly making my way down.

• Like 1

zipp

Well I thought I would warn every one that I am going to make it. Dusty and RJ we will just wing it on sites. I don't know if I will have any guests yet will know more later. My plan is to come over on the 1st and go from there as far as plans. Zipp

• Like 2

RJ-97

Looked at the wrong calendar.  Unfortunately had already scheduled that weekend, so won't be able to make it to Clinton Lake.  Hopefully I can make your next get together.

Any of you planning to be at "Interlochen" next week, we'll see you then.

• Like 1

thecruiser

Looked at the wrong calendar.  Unfortunately had already scheduled that weekend, so won't be able to make it to Clinton Lake.  Hopefully I can make your next get together.

Any of you planning to be at "Interlochen" next week, we'll see you then.

Randy, I've been tryin' to make it to Interlochen for about four years now. I got a TON of stuff to get done this Fall yet but I'll tryin again to make it.

Hope to see you there. Look for an ORANGE Gold Wing and a Mini-Mate camper.

Larry

RJ-97

Larry,   I'll find you.  It'll be good to see you again.

Randy

aspenmann

I have reserved F18 for Friday and Saturday nights! I can smell the ribs and taste the homemade wine already!! Let's hope for warmer weather that last year.

• Like 5

Monkeytrucker

Well the bride and I might make it if we get home from our 2 old people in thier 70s trip thru the western states. We just dropped out of WA and are camping the night at Umatilla, OR. About 3500 miles so far in 15 days. All of the sights and rides. Got blown over on top of beartooth. Sitting still and got a hart gust from behind. Felt embarrased until others started going dowd. It was closed 2 days later due to ice and snow. Going to try to duck thru the fires tuesday to reach PCH. Looking at maybe 2 or more weeks to go. Camped in the craters of the moon when it was a blue moon.

• Like 3

jobe05

Glad you checked in Gary!!!  Parman and I was just on the road for a week and was wondering if we should derail our trip and come out there and look for you two!!!

Have a safe trip and keep in touch!!  Maybe start a new thread.....  with pictures!!  otherwise your just sitting on your back porch posting.......

Monkeytrucker

Just figured out the bug on the tablet. Are getting ready to start card number 3. 6400 photos per card. Estella is sonapping away. Having great fun for old people!!

mailman01

:thumbs-up: Yeah, Pictures....We want Pictures...Stay safe.

Parman

Gary no pictures it didn't happen. The wing was tired and wanted to lay down for a while. lol

Monkeytrucker

We have 4138 miles and 17 days under the seat. 2 days to golden gate. In Eureka, CA. A bit over 3000 miles to go. Might be back in time for IL M&G. Starting to feel like dusty boots. Actually do as the ocean snuck up behind us and filled my boots with sand.

Was fueling in a station in the redwoods. A van pulled up and asked if she could take our picture. She said we were living there dream. When the kids left home. The Aspen is a big attention in camp grounds. When we tell them to look inside "WOW!" Is usually the words we hear.

From 2 old people "LIVING THE DREAM!"

• Like 5

Buckfarrack

Ha Gary,you know there IS a thread for dropping winggs huh?LoL Gotta give ya He&& buddy,we've all done it or will.Top a Beartoooth is something else.

Glad to hear y'all seeing the country by motorcyle my friends.Be safe and enjoy,see yall soon!

Buckfarrack

I apologize for not posting for a while,i have been WAY too Busy.

I would like to Thank each and everyone of you for returning to our 3rd Annual NAGF IL.M&G.

WeLcOmE...  Mailman01 & Zipp.....sure glad y'all decided to make this event! I certainly hope you both find it well worth the trip,and we sure hope the others can schedule our meet&greet in the future.

Hey YOU...N8dogg..Yeah,the feller from Champaign...YES,come on out buddy,you are WAY too close to miss this good time.

Another event update is: Beth wanted to know if y'all still would like her to organize the Saturday morning BREAKFAST BUFFET?

Well,that's a no brainer folks! I know it is a lot of work and i rarely get to help because i am preparing the smokers and meat early

but,i am sure we can find a few volunteers for her team to pitch-in.Hometown Buffet doesn't have anything on the food her team

served the last two years.

So,I want to include a big THANK YOU to *Beth & **Jack,and all the volunteers that has donated their time.

*erwa & **erwjww

THIS is what makes a M&G FUN,and worth the time to organize.

As time gets nearer to our date,i will post more updates,including where we will ride friday evening for dinner,or a vote,which ever works out the best.

Thanks again for attending,and Thank You too Jobe05 for all the kind words you have to say about us ILLiNoY Boyz,and Girlz.

• Like 1

jobe05

Rod I meet a lot of people in a lot of states but hands down you Illinois folks know hospitality and fellowship, hands down!!

You, jack, mike, Don,Dan, Carl, Dave, Gary &Estell and a host of others are just the best anyone could have the opportunity to spend time with and to share in something we all love, riding!!

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Thank you John.That means a lot to us.

I sure tried to make the event you planned but it just wasn't possible.I am sure i will be there next year though,as i will have plenty of time next season buddy!

Parman

Count Daniel and I in to assist with breakfast Beth. Maybe this year we won't have to cook in a hurricane.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Hi to all of our IL M&G friends. Count Estella and I to help where needed.

We ended up just outside Sacramento, CA. Today. 11 hours including downtown SF and Berkley.

• Like 1

erwjww

Thanks for the kind words Buck and Jobe. It's been awhile since I've been on here myself. Don you were already volunteered for breakfast duty whether you wanted to or not. Looking forward to the meet.

Gary, you 2 younguns be careful out there on the west coast. Safe travels to ya.

• Like 1

N8dogg

Well  you can count on me and the better half to make it this year, ( if she doesn't kill me with the weekend hiking trips ) Been going on rides to local parks to walk the trails went yesterday to Fox Ridge park and did the trails there. trying to get this old body in shape to ride the parkway next summer and hike the 7 waterfall trails.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Hi gang. We are DMWO. Driving motorcycle while old. In Winnemucca, NV tonight. Headed to bonneville to see if they will let us set a land speed record for a 1800 pulling an Aspen. If you are ever here eat at the Pig. Buck would be wanting some of their recipes. Was that good!

Will bust 5,000 miles early monday. Home is calling! No stories (yet) to rival the VA crooked snake one.