Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

kamikaze84

The best way to look at it is throught the website. That is the best visual of the campground. 

thecruiser

Which website Dan?

Monkeytrucker

You all will enjoy the M&G. It is the greatest bunch of people you would ever want to meet. Well maybe there is one grouch in the bunch but he usually mellows pretty quick.

This event is growing at a fast clip. I can guarantee you the food is fantastic on Saturday night.

As far as the number of campers on any one site. We have had no trouble with 2 and my feel is that we would not have trouble with adding some tents amongst the sites. The outer side of the curve is very roomy and would be enough space for an impromptu tent or three. The host has always seemed pretty amenable. Especially when bribed with some ribs.

• Like 2

Buckfarrack

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/Parks/Documents/ClintonLakeSiteMap.pdf

Here you go Larry.Try using,Bloomington Street (Hwy14) in Dewitt,IL.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1860576,-88.7865014,17z

When you go South from Dewitt,IL on Hwy14 (Boomington St.) you will cross a bridge.Look for the CL State Rec Area Entrance on your right.Follow the road into the park and you will notice a dump station on your right and an entrance to the first camping area.CONTINUE to the 2ND dump station,and turn LEFT into that camping area.Follow the signs for the "F" campsites,all the way to the end where it makes a LOOP.That's where we will be! We are F-Loopers !

If you are coming NORTH on Hwy14,you will cross ANOTHER bridge,then look for the CL State Rec Area Entrance on the LEFT. DO NOT turn left,or follow any other signs until AFTER you cross a bridge.Turn LEFT into the Entrance, go until you get to the 2ND dump station,turn LEFT and follow the signs to the end of the "F" Loop

OR an easier way to find where the "F-Loop is, There will be a Homemade Sign at the Main Entrance at Hwy14. There will be SEVERAL smaller signs along the way directing you right to where some of us crazy F-Loopers will be.Thanks to MT/Gary. We have had several comments on the signage we are using,in a positive way.

Can't wait to meet y'all,and especially the folks that have chose to attend for their first time.

WELCOME to our 3rd Annual NAGF IL. Meet & Greet

We think you will have a great time!

• Like 1

thecruiser

Thank You all. Looking forward to meeting you. Hope this becomes an annual event.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

As long as there are piggies that donate their ribs and Buck/Rod is there to cook them this annual event will keep happening. It is amazing that it all started with 2 guys wanting to meet eyeball to eyeball around Decatur. Rod has graciously consented to ramrod the whole thing. Without him the event would not be more than 2 guys meeting in the middle.

Chromo

I still plan to be there, the funner older me!  Not the butt head recent me.

I'm holding off reserving anything till near time. I will be tent camping probably or have a small solo sleeper trailer to just park and sleep in.

You know, kinda a picnic table looking thing on wheels with a top. LOL

Anyone in F-loop have a spot to share let me know and I'll take it.

thecruiser

Thank You all. Looking forward to meeting you. Hope this becomes an annual event.

As long as there are piggies that donate their ribs and Buck/Rod is there to cook them this annual event will keep happening. It is amazing that it all started with 2 guys wanting to meet eyeball to eyeball around Decatur. Rod has graciously consented to ramrod the whole thing. Without him the event would not be more than 2 guys meeting in the middle.

Gary, I know this is already an annual event... I meant that I hope it becomes an annual affair for me!  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

jobe05

Anyone in F-loop have a spot to share let me know and I'll take it.

Im sure we can find a spot somewhere on that loop for ya, normally theres plenty of open grassy spots somewhere!!

• Like 1

mailman01

Larry, with all the mapping available I believe Ronnie Milsap could find this campground...so we do not want to hear that you "got lost." :SmileyTooth:  :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

thecruiser

Larry, with all the mapping available I believe Ronnie Milsap could find this campground...so we do not want to hear that you "got lost." :SmileyTooth:  :SmileyTooth:

LOL Ya,.. Halfling post enough maps a couple of days ago for me to find it. Made a route on the computer and downloaded it into the Garmin already.

See Y'all there Marty.

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Just here to let the folks that are on the fence trying to decide whether to make the trip to attend our NAGF IL.M&G....You can plan on having one hellava good time with the best group of riders you could ever ask to be around,and i'm here to tell ya.

Us ILLinois Boys-n-Gals promise to try our best to host an enjoyable M&G. We will be cooking 20 racks of Slow Smoked pork ribs,passing around Jeffs Armadillo eggs.many side dishes to please,20-30lbs of Smoked Beef,and the rest is SECRET.

It's an Awesome meet!

Parman

Looking forward to it again this year. This event is always great food and the weather is always a surprise as well. We have endured Rain, Wind and sunny conditions over the years. Just need a little snow to get the full experiance of IL. No matter what the weather is we always have a great time. See ya soon.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

It will great to meet you and your wife.  It looks like you are very close to the rest rooms and showers.  Great location there.  We all have some distance up to that same bath house staying in F-Loop.  Our local bathroom isn't as nice.

That's a bit of an understatement!   :rolleyes:

Still planning/hopping to attend, just haven't made any reservations.. Looking to share a site with someone

• Like 1

zipp

I will put it on the maybe list as all of my plans just got changed. Will have to wait and see. Mite have 3 guests. Zipp

• Like 2

Dusty Boots

It would be good to see you n the boys again, Mike!   :thumbs-up:

Parman

Come on over Mike. We always have room for more.

:thumbs-up:

jobe05

Mike, I would say of all the events you could possibly go to all year long, the two events you should never miss is the BRP spring event and the Illinois M&G. You can miss most of the others, but in my opinion, these two are the best I have been to!!

• Like 1

zipp

I will tell you I had a  great time at the BRP an was planning this M&G with my fall trip to MO. Now the MO trip is out of the question so I will still try to make this. I will let every one now after the 1st of Aug. Zipp 

jobe05

The amazing thing you'll find with the Illinois M&G is the riding in the area sucks, unless you like Walmart, you can ride there. The weather is unpredictable so we bring the car. The camp grounds is friendly but the bathroom are a was away..................

And none of that seems to matter one bit!! The people, conversation, food seems to make it allotment of the best events around.

I really hope you can squeeze it into your schedule, would love to see you there !!

• Like 2

N8dogg

Do you guys allow new members to stop by?

• Like 2

youngnbald

Do you guys allow new members to stop by?

Everyone is welcomed.

• Like 1

Halfling

LOL, you'd better plan on doing more than just "stopping by" N8!!! The food is to die for, the fire is warm, the camp sites are roomy and most of all the company is absolutely AWESOME!!!

Galaxyhunter

LOL, you'd better plan on doing more than just "stopping by" N8!!! The food is to die for, the fire is warm, the camp sites are roomy and most of all the company is absolutely AWESOME!!!

It has been known that there might be more than a bottle of wine to sample.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,