Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

thecruiser

I must have missed Flyone  dancing at Willville.  How lucky is that?

:roflmao:

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

I think he called it selling products. Now that might be something that will get this thread chopped if we describe Flyone's dance.

Buckfarrack

Rick (RHalbur) and I will be sharing site #8.   :Party:

That is super Larry! Can't wait to put a Handshake on ya buddy.

I have asked one of the mods to update the first page attendance list,adding you to campsite #8

thecruiser

Thanks Buck. I guess I assumed that since you started the thread, that you were the one to update it. Maybe I was wrong... again!

DANG, I HATE IT when that happens.  : ANGER :

Halfling

Sorry, been offline all weekend trying to make some progress on the kitchen!

Post #1 has been update!

• Like 1

thecruiser

Sorry, been offline all weekend trying to make some progress on the kitchen!

Post #1 has been update!

So,... tell us about your progress... you still have all your fingers?   :SmileyTooth:

Halfling

No emergency room runs! LOL! I'll update on another thread somewhere!

thecruiser

Does anyone have a linky to a map of the park? One that you can actually 'see how to get around'.

I've tried google but everything links to Reserve America and their website sucks!

Parman

Larry I have played on this computer for the last 30-45 minutes trying to find you as map. You are right the links suck. There used to be a electronic map available. Not sure what happen to it. I will keep you in mind if I run across something.

thecruiser

Larry I have played on this computer for the last 30-45 minutes trying to find you as map. You are right the links suck. There used to be a electronic map available. Not sure what happen to it. I will keep you in mind if I run across something.

Thanks Don.  I thought 'Google' would be the place to go but ya know, I never was good at it.

My wife is a "Google Master". Maybe I should ask her.

Halfling

Not exactly sure what you are looking for Larry but maybe this will help. Let me know if it's on the right track for you.

F Loop.png

5-11-2015 10-06-33 AM.png

5-11-2015 10-31-46 AM.png

F Loop 2.png

thecruiser

Not exactly sure what you are looking for Larry but maybe this will help. Let me know if it's on the right track for you.

Kinda John...  I'm looking for the way into the park and to the CG.  I did find your map #2.

Map #4 though, looks like it's off hwy-14. I can't find a Hwy-14 on a real map.

The State Rec Area is all along the river but my maps don't show where the entrance is or roads that are in the park.

Halfling

Not sure why Hwy 14 isn't on a real map, Google Maps has it...here's a couple more shots

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
40.16316, -88.78925
40°9'47"N, 88°47'21"W

Located 10 miles West of Farmer City and 10 miles East of Clinton ( State Route 54 ) just 1.9 miles South of DeWitt on County Highway 14 ( Friends Creek Rd ) The informational sign you will follow at DeWitt reads 'MASCOUTIN STATE RECREATION AREA Located 3 miles West of Weldon and 12 miles East of Clinton ( State Route 10 ) just 2.5 miles North on County Highway 14 ( Friends Creek Rd ) The informational sign you will follow at the intersection of St Rt 10 and Friends Creek Rd reads 'MASCOUTIN STATE RECREATION AREA''

F Loop 3.png

F Loop 4.png

thecruiser

Thanks John, that helps a lot. The map I have in my computer is MapSource. Not always accurate. It doesn't mention CR-14. Instead, just calls to "Friends Creek Rd".

I don't use Google Maps as that's not always accurate either. Google Maps shows our STREET as my neighbors DRIVEWAY... three doors up.  : QUESTION :

I got it now. Have a route all figured in. Just have to download it to the Garmin now. I'll be coming in on Hwy-54 and will turn South at DeWitt.

Galaxyhunter

Larry,  Have you tried Google Earth.  I know I have looked at the Park this way.  The only thing is that the loops are not labeled.

thecruiser

Got it Carl.  Google Earth doesn't give me a route in the Garmin. Google Earth was off a few towns too.

mailman01

Have just completed making our reservations for this fest...for 1-4 October.  We reserved site 002 in Loop "H", with the determining factor being the proximity to the bath rooms...a prerequisite for my bride, since we will be using the Aspen.

Looking forward to meeting all the folks.

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

There should be signs from the entrance to F-loop. As for facilities, rumor has it that some/many trees were used in the process. There almost always seemed to be a vehicle shuttling the fairer gender to and from the nice facilities with the showers and etc.

Galaxyhunter

Here is a Google Earth view of the Park.

post-4769-0-41528100-1435661440_thumb.jpg

youngnbald

Have just completed making our reservations for this fest...for 1-4 October.  We reserved site 002 in Loop "H", with the determining factor being the proximity to the bath rooms...a prerequisite for my bride, since we will be using the Aspen.

It will great to meet you and your wife.  It looks like you are very close to the rest rooms and showers.  Great location there.  We all have some distance up to that same bath house staying in F-Loop.  Our local bathroom isn't as nice.

Halfling

Several vehicles there for bathroom shuttles, mine included!

• Like 1

thecruiser

Will be great to meetcha there Marty. Your arriving on the 1st? I may come a day early myself. Apparently the park allows two campers on a site... May i share it with you for that one night? Half-price is not a bad deal. I'm mostly deaf so your snoring shouldn't be a problem.

thecruiser

I have a question concerning the Parks willingness to allow two campers on a site...

Is this under 'special permission' for our group or SOP?

youngnbald

I have a question concerning the Parks willingness to allow two campers on a site...

Is this under 'special permission' for our group or SOP?

Two campers per location is not a problem.  Most of us are doubled up already.

mailman01

Will be great to meetcha there Marty. Your arriving on the 1st? I may come a day early myself. Apparently the park allows two campers on a site... May i share it with you for that one night? Half-price is not a bad deal. I'm mostly deaf so your snoring shouldn't be a problem.

Sure Larry...I'll leave the light on for ya.