Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

youngnbald

Ever step on a bull frog?  That is my best sounds so it would be wise for me to sit out of that one.

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

That's ok Mark,we can both sing Down by the Riverside! lol

Buckfarrack

YaY! Has anyone noticed a change in the heading of this Event Thread? We now have MORE support for our... NAGF ILLINOIS M&G

WeLcOmE aboard NAGF 

Thank you all!

Buck

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

It is nice we got $3,100,000.00 for the naming rights and 50% of all income from sales of tee shirts and etc.

Sounds like a great name for the event. Hard to believe this BIG event has grown out of 2 guys wanting to meet eye to eye.

• Like 2

Parman

Looks like it has gone from an acorn to a mighty Oak. :Face-Smile-Big:

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

You do know the Moonshine Lunch run started about 12 years ago by 8 guys riding down to Moonshine! Buck would become a billionaire if he started selling his Rod's Ribs at an event that sized.

Parman

You are absolutely correct about the Moonshine Lunch Run history. Amazing what that event has turned into over the years. I don't think any of us is ready for an event of that magnitude.

Buckfarrack

Well,I bet we'd get a few more interested if we had,like, a go cart track to play on,or  maybe a warm evening out on HouseBoat Cove,but i guess a Testicle Toss tourney will have to do for now.

Billionaire? lol

Dusty Boots

Google Port Dover Friday the 13th and see what it's turned out to be after a few guys decided to meet there every Friday the 13th!   : AWE :

Still hoping to make this run.

Busy moving stuff down to my new digs and hope to be in there permanently by the middle of next month (July) and get things settled down and the shop organized. I've only put just over 1,000 mi on the bike this year!   :sad-face:

Taking another load down early tomorrow morning. (4 1/2 hr drive each way)

post-3978-0-86314400-1434625909_thumb.jpg

thecruiser

Anyone have a site and willing to share?

I tried to reserve sites #011 or #015...  It said it was available and the next page said it wasn't!  The Reserve America website really sucks. We're going to Colorado next month and I reserved a couple of spots in Kansas going and coming. Took me all evening to get the reservations. I'm giving up for now.

Will try again later unless someone can share a site. I have a Mini-Mate camper.

thecruiser

I have site #8 reserved and willing to share site. Come in Friday and checking out Sunday.

Rick, is your site still available for sharing?

Parman

Dusty as hard as you have been working you need to take a break and walk away from it for a little while to relax. You'll have a winter to put stuff away and organize the new place.

:thumbs-up:

Halfling

Hey guys, I moved the offical attendees list to the very first post of this thread. Any changes should be made there. It makes it a lot easier to find it.

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/community/forums/index.php?/topic/11187-3rd-annual-nagf-illinois-mg-clinton-lake-sp-oct-2-4-2015/

Monkeytrucker

I might be in prison by then for killing my grandson. Well if he does not kill himself before then.

Wednesday afternoon he went for a ride on the 30 year old ES250 Honda ATV. We heard him coming back down the gravel road at speed and then some gravel being displaced followed by a muffled thud and no motor noises. We hollered for him with no answer. The Bride, his grandma, started running down the driveway and saw him climbing up out of the ditch. This is what he had done. running in 4th gear he tried to make the turn into the drive and it would not turn, DUH!!!

IMG_9857_zpsctffwars.jpg

After he barely survived a very intense Drill Sgt. 4 letter serenade that had him white as a sheet and wanting to crawl into a hole, plus wanting to figuratively getting grandpa's boot out of his posterior we got busy getting it out of the ditch. Thank goodness for all of the cushioning vines and bushes. It only suffered a bent handlebar that we pulled back into shape with the winch line.

IMG_9867_zpsrxpetcof.jpg

In checking it for damage I found a front wheel bearing bad so I will have to replace it. Might be a good time to press the slight bend in the forks out that his Dad put in them 20 years ago when he was showing off for his wife by swinging the back side to side at 50 mph and flipped it breaking his leg.

One good side effect is that the grandson will work his butt off helping build a deck for the secret garden.

A big question is that he expects to haul the 1200 home this Monday and make a year or so to make it run again (burned up wiring harness) project. He is ADHD and we are questioning the idea of him on a wing.

Dusty Boots

Dusty as hard as you have been working you need to take a break and walk away from it for a little while to relax. You'll have a winter to put stuff away and organize the new place.

:thumbs-up:

Ah  ....  but I don't have enough room in my 20 x 30 unheated shop for my bike (and associated trailers, tools etc) and all my woodworking cast iron. 1st order of business for it is to clear everything away from the block walls and add 2 3/4" styrofoam insulation to the block walls. Then erect a 10 x 14 AL shed on top of the cement pad that's already there behind the shop.

Next, add 2" x 3" stud walls, more insulation, electrical and finally 7/16" wall covering and heat in the shop.

I'll be building a proper woodworking shop next spring, so I have to keep my nose to the grindstone until I get those items taken care of.

post-3978-0-11684400-1434637350_thumb.jpg

post-3978-0-14444500-1434637184_thumb.jpg

post-3978-0-82789800-1434637126_thumb.jpg

Halfling

Looks like you have your work cut out for you but in my opinion, I bet you're having a GREAT time! I know I would be!!!

Parman

MT,

I heard about your anger and damage to the equipment. I would assume that your grandson is ok based on the a@@ chewing and working to get it out of the bushes.

Monkeytrucker

Dusty, if you and a building 100m by 300m you still would not have enough space. Stuff expands to fill any space you have.

Then it overflows.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

MT,

I heard about your anger and damage to the equipment. I would assume that your grandson is ok based on the a@@ chewing and working to get it out of the bushes.

Drunks and fools always escape unharmed. At least that is what I was told many years ago. The modern version is "If that child makes it to 6 it will be a miracle." Of course that axiom increases by 2 years until they are raised and on their own.

Yes he survived with only a thorn prick.

thecruiser

Dusty, if you and a building 100m by 300m you still would not have enough space. Stuff expands to fill any space you have.

Then it overflows.

Ya... The way my wife explains it is, "The amount of your STUFF expands to 110% MORE than the room you have for it"!

thecruiser

Rick (RHalbur) and I will be sharing site #8.   :Party:

• Like 2

Flyone

Well of course you will have to have a special place for Flyone......I have been told I am special!

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is because of that 4 letter word.......You know W.O.R.K!

If I can work out a schedule, I'll be there (You know I need to improve my image so being seen by you fine folks will help!)

This is still on my radar.......

• Like 1

Parman

Love to have you Bill. Come on up.

Monkeytrucker

Well of course you will have to have a special place for Flyone......I have been told I am special!

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is because of that 4 letter word.......You know W.O.R.K!

If I can work out a schedule, I'll be there (You know I need to improve my image so being seen by you fine folks will help!)

This is still on my radar.......

Bill, if you get up on the picnic table and gyrate like you did in Willville you had better be wearing a grass skirt and playing a ukulele.

Hey you might want to move to the northlands after you attend the IL M&G. Hope you can become a F-Looper.

yooperfan

I must have missed Flyone  dancing at Willville.  How lucky is that?